The General Ross County Chat Thread

It sounds like DA is just a bit frustrated that he's inherited a lot of players that he's not that keen on, and they're mostly signed up for next season on decent wages.  Players that he would let leave if he could. It's easy to agree that there's a good number of these players who haven't done much to earn their contracts.

17 minutes ago, AndyX said:

It sounds like DA is just a bit frustrated that he's inherited a lot of players that he's not that keen on, and they're mostly signed up for next season on decent wages.  Players that he would let leave if he could. It's easy to agree that there's a good number of these players who haven't done much to earn their contracts.

Yup.  And we can pretty much all name them.  They’re the guys who are warming the bench right now who were previously regular starters.  Or they are guys in the stands who look like they have no intention of ever getting fit again. 

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yup.  And we can pretty much all name them.  They’re the guys who are warming the bench right now who were previously regular starters.  Or they are guys in the stands who look like they have no intention of ever getting fit again. 

Well yes, but a fair few of the starting 11 too.

10 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Can we extend Nightingales loan until the end of the season please, I've been very impressed by his recent performances.

You had to say that!

6 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Is Kyle Turner basically out of the picture at County, as he seems to he on the bench constantly?

He has the unfortunate role of being second in the pecking order to the best number 10 outside of the Old Firm in the league. Think he’ll come good with time, though. 

9 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Please elaborate who you’d like rid of out of tonight’s starting 11 , I genuinely can’t think of any of them I’d wish to see leave

Was that the first game you've seen in the last year and a half? I could, for example, start with the captain. Has he really been earning his contract?

12 minutes ago, AndyX said:

Was that the first game you've seen in the last year and a half? I could, for example, start with the captain. Has he really been earning his contract?

Are you drunk?

Baldwin was immense to tonight. Defence splitting passes, goal line clearance and a third clean sheet in a row. He’s really turned a corner.

3 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Are you drunk?

Baldwin was immense to tonight. Defence splitting passes, goal line clearance and a third clean sheet in a row. He’s really turned a corner.

There is a saying about one swallow not making a summer. Baldwin had a good game tonight, if he makes that a regular occurrence then all well and good, but that remains to be seen.

5 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

There is a saying about one swallow not making a summer. Baldwin had a good game tonight, if he makes that a regular occurrence then all well and good, but that remains to be seen.

Christ, you pished too? Does three clean sheets mean nothing to you?

2 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Since Adams has come in the whole team seem to be a lot more organised, which takes pressure off the back 3. Most mistakes or rash challenges he has made in recent times have come from us losing the ball softly in midfield. He along with the other centre backs have looked a lot more solid the past three games.  

27 minutes ago, AndyX said:

Baldwin has made mistakes in his time with us but I don’t believe he is a bad centre back , everything is opinion based but with the market we are shopping in I don’t think Baldwin is too bad certainly tries his hardest at least, I’ve seen poorer centre backs at county and yes granted there has also been better Baldwin probably falls nearer the better category than the poor category for me

3 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Christ, you pished too? Does three clean sheets mean nothing to you?

I think you must be the one pished , I commented on Baldwins performance tonight, said it was good, but he needs to do it regularly, you come back abusive and wittering about the team’s performance over three games. 

7 minutes ago, Staggie1984 said:

Since Adams has come in the whole team seem to be a lot more organised, which takes pressure off the back 3. Most mistakes or rash challenges he has made in recent times have come from us losing the ball softly in midfield. He along with the other centre backs have looked a lot more solid the past three games.  

The team has been more organised and I hope that helps him play as well as he did tonight, but he’s had occasional good games before and I think he has a bit to prove that he can do it regularly. 

18 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

I think you must be the one pished , I commented on Baldwins performance tonight, said it was good, but he needs to do it regularly, you come back abusive and wittering about the team’s performance over three games. 

So three clean sheets in the past three games isn’t regular enough for you? 🤔 

Spoiler

“Abusive” 😂

Edited by Pete the Jakey