The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, AndyX said:

Maybe Pete was pished in August...

I’m a Jakey I’m always pished. 

And my oh my, you must have trawled through some posts to find that to counter my argument. I said that last year he was wasn't as culpable as Iacovitti, which is true and borne from statistical analysis.

The fact remains as does my opinion, asking for our captain and central defender to be offloaded after three clean sheets is the utterances of a madman. Here endeth my engagement.

1 minute ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I’m a Jakey I’m always pished. 

And my oh my, you must have trawled through some posts to find that to counter my argument. I said that last year he was wasn't as culpable as Iacovitti, which is true and borne from statistical analysis.

The fact remains as does my opinion, asking for our captain and central defender to be offloaded after three clean sheets is the utterances of a madman. Here endeth my engagement.

There's a search function. It was no trouble. Lots more I could have quoted too. And no sane reading of my posts could have thought I was talking about the last 3 games.  There, we've both endeth our engagement 🙄

2 minutes ago, AndyX said:

There's a search function. It was no trouble. Lots more I could have quoted too. And no sane reading of my posts could have thought I was talking about the last 3 games.  There, we've both endeth our engagement 🙄

I don’t even know who you are talking about but as a neutral I would say that if you’ve got a new manager who has come in and suddenly *insert player name here* has done well and you are getting results then you would be mad to want to get rid of him. Every player will have a manager who just makes them click and it could be that Adams is the man to get whatever player it is playing well.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I don’t even know who you are talking about but as a neutral I would say that if you’ve got a new manager who has come in and suddenly *insert player name here* has done well and you are getting results then you would be mad to want to get rid of him. Every player will have a manager who just makes them click and it could be that Adams is the man to get whatever player it is playing well.

I'm very happy to have Adams back. And I haven't said that I want rid of any player. That's just Pete inventing straw men.

I've said that some players haven't really earned the contracts they have. Delighted if they are now performing but I could search the posts of pretty much any County fan on here and they'd be slating players who are signed up on long-term contracts.

1 minute ago, AndyX said:

I'm very happy to have Adams back. And I haven't said that I want rid of any player. That's just Pete inventing straw men.

I've said that some players haven't really earned the contracts they have. Delighted if they are now performing but I could search the posts of pretty much any County fan on here and they'd be slating players who are signed up on long-term contracts.

We’ve got a few of them at RP too and that’s not even slating any of the normal starting 11 or even the 14/15 who normally play.

McInnes gave 2 year deals in the summer to 3 players who started a total of maybe 10 games between all of them last season and have started about 2 games between the 3 of them (not including LC games) so far this season. Baffling.

23 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Please elaborate who you’d like rid of out of tonight’s starting 11 , I genuinely can’t think of any of them I’d wish to see leave

22 hours ago, AndyX said:

Was that the first game you've seen in the last year and a half? I could, for example, start with the captain. Has he really been earning his contract?

14 minutes ago, AndyX said:

I haven't said that I want rid of any player. That's just Pete inventing straw men.

"Endeth the engagement" 😃

Again, any sane reading of my posts would see that I question whether players (including Baldwin) on long-term contracts have really earned them. And that it seemed like the manager would be happy to let some of them go. If they now start performing - great of course we don't want rid. But if we're honest very few of us would have been bothered if lots of them had been out of contract in the summer.

We need an on form loan striker in Jan, if Murray gets injured what then? Even when off form his running and attitude is immense.

At least with Dhanda we have Turner as good option. Not quite as good of course, but if Brophy stays unfit we are screwed up front if injuries happen.

I remember well when Billy McKay (traitor now) when bang on form, scoring goals for fun got injured. Hand was it, clash with keeper. You could hear the sighs round the stadium. Murray is key to stay fit and avoid injuries.

5 hours ago, Sonam said:

We need an on form loan striker in Jan, if Murray gets injured what then? Even when off form his running and attitude is immense.

At least with Dhanda we have Turner as good option. Not quite as good of course, but if Brophy stays unfit we are screwed up front if injuries happen.

I remember well when Billy McKay (traitor now) when bang on form, scoring goals for fun got injured. Hand was it, clash with keeper. You could hear the sighs round the stadium. Murray is key to stay fit and avoid injuries.

Billy McKay was released by County and signed with ICT to allow his kids to continue their schooling where they are settled.  He’s as far from a “traitor” as it’s possible to get. 

19 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Billy McKay was released by County and signed with ICT to allow his kids to continue their schooling where they are settled.  He’s as far from a “traitor” as it’s possible to get. 

He'd also played over 100 games for ICT before even signing for you.

23 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I mean't it in as a jest, I. felt we should have kept him on to be honest.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Arguably the opposite; maybe the biggest traitor ever? 

Either that or incredibly indecisive.

Doubt we'd have gone up without Mckay banging in 20+ that season.

Also, flicked on the St. Pauli game for a laugh, Jackson Irvine immediately scores. God, we could do with someone as good as him in our team.

22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'd also played over 100 games for ICT before even signing for you.

Indeed. If he’s a traitor then it’s by signing for County after being at The Caley. He also played for County for about 10 minutes. Or what felt like 10 minutes anyway. 

He’s turning into Mr The Caley. I have no idea if County have anyone held in such high regard as McKay is here. That ugly cunt Gardyne maybe? 

Trying to imagine if we described workers as traitors for jumping to a competitor/rival in other lines of work. "Tesco let you go but that's no excuse to jump to Asda you traitor!" "Scotrail helped train you as a driver & gave you your first break, how dare you take a higher paying gig for LNER?"

Obviously a silly comparison but still mildly funny to think about.

I left a job at 'Visit Scotland' years back and my god the HR dept felt I was a traitor for doing so. Others were ok, but was sat right next to HR which made that last month awkward. Wasn't like I needed or was training for that job either.