The General Ross County Chat Thread

Just waiting for the English lower league randoms to start coming in now and hopefully some potential cult icons from abroad.

Keeping hold of Yan Dhanda is key really. Suprised Hibs/Aberdeen/Hearts etc not after him.

Probably not good enough for Rangers, a bench player maybe. Celtic not good enough.

I'm not confident at all about Adams signings. I think a play off battle is ahead and this year, can't see us win tbh. Saying that, who knows.

7 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Keeping hold of Yan Dhanda is key really. Suprised Hibs/Aberdeen/Hearts etc not after him.

Probably not good enough for Rangers, a bench player maybe. Celtic not good enough.

I like Dhanda and think hes too good to be dossing about a relegation battling side, but at the same time think hes over rated.

His lack of physicality/pace, and resultant lack of defensive work, will have him pigeon holed as a "luxury" player, who you need to build your midfield around.

Celtic/Rangers wouldn't even consider him. Aberdeen and Hearts already have 2 better suited players than him each (Clarkson/McGrath/McKay/Lowry) who play in the same spaces but offer more in every phase of play. Hibs are your main threat i guess but they 4-4-2 so where does he fit?

Youll have him until the Summer at least.

Edited by RandomGuy.

20 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Stranger things have happened, like St Johnstone offering £150k for Jordan White for example.

Thankfully Ian Flaherty/Callum Davidson were punted from the club not long after that, so such things wont be seen in the top flight again anytime soon.

Same folk spent more than that on a 18yo youth player, who'd never played a senior game, who they also gave a 12 month contract too (who now plays in the English 9th tier...

15 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Simon Murray linked with the Dundee clubs on Twitter , shocking if we allow him to go

There’s a reason for this.  Not a football one.  The club has always done this and I’m sure all will become clear in time.  We’ll also get a fee which is rare for us.  

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s a reason for this.  Not a football one.  The club has always done this and I’m sure all will become clear in time.  We’ll also get a fee which is rare for us.  

Mind that time when Fergie and Ketts signed the release papers for Stelious Demetriou, so that he could be closer to family (in Cyprus), then he signed on at Macclesfield where his uncle lived. 

6 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Mind that time when Fergie and Ketts signed the release papers for Stelious Demetriou, so that he could be closer to family (in Cyprus), then he signed on at Macclesfield where his uncle lived. 

I had completely forgotten about that.  I assume he was shite and nobody really missed him?

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I had completely forgotten about that.  I assume he was shite and nobody really missed him?

He was released by Macclesfield after 2 games and moved to Bradford Park Avenue, a non league team, so probably not great….

8 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Simon Murray linked with the Dundee clubs on Twitter , shocking if we allow him to go

It'd also be shocking if we signed him. He's just a better but older and more expensive version of Zak Rudden. Not what we need to be kicking on. 

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I like Dhanda and think hes too good to be dossing about a relegation battling side, but at the same time think hes over rated.

His lack of physicality/pace, and resultant lack of defensive work, will have him pigeon holed as a "luxury" player, who you need to build your midfield around.

Celtic/Rangers wouldn't even consider him. Aberdeen and Hearts already have 2 better suited players than him each (Clarkson/McGrath/McKay/Lowry) who play in the same spaces but offer more in every phase of play. Hibs are your main threat i guess but they 4-4-2 so where does he fit?

Youll have him until the Summer at least.

Lack of defensive work? Are you kidding? For a wee skillful guy, he's regularly tracking back and putting it about with guys twice his size. 

Clearly not been watching him play.

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

He wasn't that bad. He wasn't that good either. I think he got hampered by a leg injuries as I'd see him up the DW Gym doing resistance work for a good two hours at a time.

Then the Sol Campbell Macclesfield Experience lured him in.

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Quelle surprise 

41D773A4-685D-4882-A472-C9D516DEFB43.thumb.jpeg.f1e2a09751b4c962e3f564e072454005.jpeg

Tbf that story broke a few days ago, about 15 minutes after i said he wouldnt be signing for club like Hearts.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf that story broke a few days ago, about 15 minutes after i said he wouldnt be signing for club like Hearts.

Bet you got a semi when you saw it in writing from someone other than yourself.