Who will be the next permanent manager of the Conservatives?

Ludo*1

Who will be the next head of the Conservative Party?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Great plan, ignore the party elected with greater majorities than the Tories could ever dream of by one of the four nations of the union. I'm beginning to think you're a stealth partitionist.

We're a unitary nation-state.  Were we not we'd not be having this tussle.

14 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Northern Ireland is a Province.

The Faroe Islands part of Denmark, as is Greenland, have been self governing for years.

Wales is a principality with an english legal system.

Quebec is not a country, though the French would argue otherwise as I discovered in Chicoutimi.

Curacao became an constituent country in 2010.

Hawai is an American State and happily so, Obama is happy there. never been but my daughters loved their visit.

Guam is an American territory which benefits greatly from American military spending, the governor is elected by the people as is the local government, there is no popular movement for change.

Kurdistan - Splintered and not identified as one entity and regarded as a territory, Iran, Iraq and Turkey all involved,the Kurds identify as to which region thy are from.

Easter Island - There is an indigenous movement against Chile, I've seen the same in New Zealand with Maoris but it is not an overwhelming desire from the majority. The arguments are that the indigenous peoples were not the first settlers.

South Yemen is a Republic, as of 1994, which is involved in a civil war,

Matabele happens all over Africa, it can be tribal or a struggle for power and historic lands, the FLEC in dear old Angola's Cabinda is at the same thing.

I'll give you Tibet.

If you're discounting countries with minority support for independence.... 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

If you're discounting countries with minority support for independence.... 

I was about to say half of his arguments against other "nations" could apply to ourselves depending on yer POV.

I'm all for independence. Let's just stop pretending we're special. 

7 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I was about to say half of his arguments against other "nations" could apply to ourselves depending on yer POV.

I'm all for independence. Let's just stop pretending we're special. 

The entire movement to partition Britain - the reasoning for a hard border across the Rio Solway - is precursored on Scotch Exceptionalism.  That blokes in Annan are different to those two miles down the road in Cumbria.

It is nasty, brutal and ignorant.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The entire movement to partition Britain - the reasoning for a hard border across the Rio Solway - is precursored on Scotch Exceptionalism.  That blokes in Annan are different to those two miles down the road in Cumbria.

Does that mean that the partition the UK inflicted on Ireland is UK exceptionalism predicated on the UK’s history of nastiness, brutality, and ignorance? Why do you hate the UK so much and yet claim it must never be questioned?

Edited by Antlion

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I have never 'rubbished Scotland', silly.

The NatWits like you are doing that for me.

Can Scotland still rubbish crackpots (who want to re conquer Ireland and who promote banned Twitter extremists) like you, though?

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sober up you fucking moron 😂

55 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not really.  Given how abject HR has been over the past 15 years it's entirely reasonable to ignore Sturgeon.

We are talking about a regional administrator who is utterly hopeless.

I don't mind of it's Liz or Rishi but we have to lance the Nationalist boil that is ruining Scotland.

Outwith this reply, I think the best thing to do is to ignore attention seekers 

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Do you always behave this idiotically in here?

A desire for separation needn't be founded on a belief in exceptionalism at all.  Saying as much doesn't make it so, I'm afraid.

Annan is about 9 miles from Cumbria by the way. 

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Do you always behave this idiotically in here?

A desire for separation needn't be founded on a belief in exceptionalism at all.  Saying as much doesn't make it so, I'm afraid.

Annan is about 9 miles from Cumbria by the way. 

It is.  Always.  Or no c**t would bother.

Edit: Talk me through the 'Aye we're absolutely the same as them' form of Nationalism

Edited by The_Kincardine

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Jeez.

Impressive debating skills there.

He's a trolling c**t. If you're not in the habit of engaging with him, you'd be best advised to keep it that way.  

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

As I edited above - Talk me through the 'Aye we're absolutely the same as them' form of Nationalism

Why would anyone bother? 😂

Your days as a poster worth conversing with are long, long gone. You're nothing more than a trolling bigot with a penchant for sharing the views of right wing extremists. Ripping the absolute pish out of you is pretty much your sole remaining function on this site. 

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

As I edited above - Talk me through the 'Aye we're absolutely the same as them' form of Nationalism

It's one that recognises different political sensibilities in different places.

My version of Scottish nationalism is entirely opportunistic and expedient.  I'm not alone. 

Do you disapprove of all such movements everywhere on principle?  Did those Baltic States also voice nasty, brutal and ignorant desires in departing from the Soviet Union for instance?

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's one that recognises different political sensibilities in different places.

Thank you.  And, in a UK context, "different political sensibilities in different places." doesn't start or stop between the Tweed and the Solway.  Those above that line are no different to those below that line.

Edited by The_Kincardine

44 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

There's a bit of that about, but i think that most of the people advocating independence on here have an understandable and reasonable belief that there's persistent differences in political attitudes across the border, which can be resolved by independence.