Premier Elect: EOSL Premier Division 2022-23

7 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Could they groundshare until their own ground up to standard with a club that is licensed? 

Nothing to stop that happening. 

There isn't but there's absolutely no sign of them doing anything to meet licencing standards this season. 

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

image.thumb.png.2c4ef374fe2c255716f2f11245119c15.png

Linlithgow could secure the title on Saturday: if they win at Musselburgh plus Sauchie go down to Hill of Beath.

Auchinleck are now past 60% mark in their campaign, but also 23pts behind with 6 games-in-hand and just begun Sat-Mon-Wed... Sat-Mon-Wed... Sat-Tue-Fri... Mon-Wed-Sat... Wed-Sat run in of 14 games in 5 weeks.

Creetown and Lochar yet to meet, including at Creetown on last day.

Tuesday 11th April  
Hill of Beath v Oakley
Penicuik v Tynecastle

Saturday 15th April  
 Blackburn v LTHV 
Broxburn v Jeanfield
Crossgates v Haddington
Inverkeithing v Penicuik
Musselburgh v Linlithgow
Oakley v Dundonald
Sauchie v Hill of Beath
Vale of Leithen v Tynecastle

Tuesday 18th April  
Linlithgow v Tynecastle
Penicuik v Sauchie
  Wednesday 19th April  
Dundonald v Inverkeithing
Hill of Beath v Crossgates

Saturday 22nd April  
Crossgates v Musselburgh
Dundonald v Blackburn
Inverkeithing v Vale of Leithen
Oakley v Penicuik

Tuesday 25th April  
Crossgates v Tynecastle
 Hill of Beath v Inverkeithing 
Oakley v Blackburn

Saturday 29th April  
 Blackburn v Inverkeithing 
Crossgates v Jeanfield
Dundonald v LTHV
Haddington v Linlithgow
Hill of Beath v Vale of Leithen
Oakley v Tynecastle
Penicuik v Broxburn
Sauchie v Musselburgh

Tuesday 2nd May  
Crossgates v Blackburn
Hill of Beath v Penicuik

Saturday 6th May  
Broxburn v Haddington
Dundonald v Musselburgh
Inverkeithing v Sauchie
Jeanfield v Penicuik
Linlithgow v Crossgates
LTHV v Oakley
 Tynecastle v Hill of Beath 
Vale of Leithen v Blackburn

Tuesday 9th May  
Crossgates v Dundonald

Saturday 13th May  
 Blackburn v Tynecastle 
Crossgates v Broxburn
Haddington v Jeanfield
 Hill of Beath v LTHV 
Musselburgh v Inverkeithing
Oakley v Vale of Leithen
Penicuik v Linlithgow
Sauchie v Dundonald

Talbot's run in now just a pile of meaningless games.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There isn't but there's absolutely no sign of them doing anything to meet licencing standards this season. 

Potential movement for a BSC scenario then. 

Not that I'm saying they will but it is there to be thrown into the equation.

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Yes. There is much more to getting a licence than just the ground facilities.  The nearest licensed grounds would be in Paisley or Kilwinning, but if they haven't met any other criteria then it doesn't matter a jot. 

I can't recall seeing any intimation that they were progressing a licence application, so I don't believe that they are currently in a position to do so.

Creetown on the other hand, I do believe that they have had some money behind them and have improved their ground with a view to becoming licensed.  They do have floodlights, but I don't know if they are of the standard required.creetown.thumb.jpg.e67b730f82aab20727954d7484f7591a.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

13 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Could they groundshare until their own ground up to standard with a club that is licensed? 

Nothing to stop that happening. 

You’d be pretty raging if you were Pollok, Darvel and Talbot if Beith plough all their cash into the team then switch park to go up.

Would send a pretty poor message to those teams upgrading their grounds in prep as well as putting a competitive team out.

17 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Are Beith interested in going up? Linlithgow will be going up automatically, I can't see anything changing that outcome.

According to posters on the SOSFL forum, Creetown's licence award will be confirmed at the SFA's AGM.  Apparently their compliance was confirmed at the club's AGM.

That being the case it could be a two legged playoff between the EOS and SOS champions if the WOS champion is unlicensed.

20 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Are Beith interested in going up? Linlithgow will be going up automatically, I can't see anything changing that outcome.

Word is Creetown and possibly Lochar Thistle are getting licenced. O looks like there will be a play off after all

4 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

You’d be pretty raging if you were Pollok, Darvel and Talbot if Beith plough all their cash into the team then switch park to go up.

Would send a pretty poor message to those teams upgrading their grounds in prep as well as putting a competitive team out.

Why would they be raging?  Beith could throw every penny they have at the team and it would not be near the budgets of the teams you mention.

I can assure you if beith do win the league it will not have been by throwing money at their team they work to a strict budget. Beith will eventually get their license when they are ready to get it.  If it takes a couple of years to get it so be it.  The stability of the club comes first. 

55 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Why would they be raging?  Beith could throw every penny they have at the team and it would not be near the budgets of the teams you mention.

I can assure you if beith do win the league it will not have been by throwing money at their team they work to a strict budget. Beith will eventually get their license when they are ready to get it.  If it takes a couple of years to get it so be it.  The stability of the club comes first. 

Would they consider ground sharing to get to the LL? 

I don’t think so, there would not be a ground suitable within a reasonable distance and the nearest grounds are grass pitches so it would be difficult to have a good standard pitch if it was getting played on every week and getting no time to recover 

7 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Do you have the slightest clue what you  are talking about? Utter drivel. 

6 hours ago, beithboy said:

Sorry if I caused offence, my point is if a team could get licensed retrospectively then teams would throw money at the playing squad rather than the upgrades.

If you wee upgrading the park to spec you wouldn’t have as good a team on the park.

From a personal note I think it’s bloody brilliant that Darvels Chairman is going to get another airing of his words last year. At least another year of wait for him!

Well done on a good season!

4 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

Honking night for football last night, 3 points is 3 points but deary me not pretty from HoB or Oakley

i enjoyed it as an end to end game, Oakley however were very unlucky to get nothing from that game.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.5ea403f45bf993f6146a95d1161d7508.png

An important win for Blackburn United in their hopes of avoiding relegation.

image.png.fc725930dad6c7492a39813803d28330.png

image.png.e50d453bc7126b7a7d943fc9bea986b2.png

Ground out a win today, rode our luck at times but a vital 3 points.  It's going to be a very interesting run-in, four of our last six games are against the teams around us.

12 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Ground out a win today, rode our luck at times but a vital 3 points.  It's going to be a very interesting run-in, four of our last six games are against the teams around us.

Had a few quid on Hearts, Broxburn and Blackburn... bitter sweet!