Premier Elect: EOSL Premier Division 2022-23

Went along to the Crossgates Game tonight, a fairly even first half with Crossgates scoring a penalty quite late on. 

Game fairly heated up in the second half though with some very industrious tackles going in from the Blackburn players once it became clear the game was gone. The best player on the park for me was the Crossgates number 14, twitter seems to indicate he's called Blair Paterson? He had to leave the game on crutches after a bad tackle, hopefully he's OK. 

What's the craic with player registrations and trialists at this level? I'm fairly sure the trialist for Crossgates is the Montrose assistant manager? 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Went along to the Crossgates Game tonight, a fairly even first half with Crossgates scoring a penalty quite late on. 

Game fairly heated up in the second half though with some very industrious tackles going in from the Blackburn players once it became clear the game was gone. The best player on the park for me was the Crossgates number 14, twitter seems to indicate he's called Blair Paterson? He had to leave the game on crutches after a bad tackle, hopefully he's OK. 

What's the craic with player registrations and trialists at this level? I'm fairly sure the trialist for Crossgates is the Montrose assistant manager? 

big Yano pulling on the Crossgates shirt?

42 minutes ago, TheLad said:

As good as done now at the bottom of the league now, isn't it? A Tynie v Haws procession 0-0 draw seals it for both.

Clearly hoping for a Hill of Beath win and a Blackburn win at VoL.   Set's it up for winner takes all Blackburn v Tynecastle on the final week.

Can but hope.

South of Scotland League

image.png.6e138d9c66800316b4ac86ca0ca6483f.png

Sat 6 May        Abbey Vale v Lochmaben     Creetown v Lochar       season ends for Creetown and Lochar
Mon 8 May     Abbey Vale
 v Stranraer SOS                                                 season ends for Abbey Vale

Looking increasingly likely EOSL will be propelling its champion upward for 5th time in 5 years within the week.

Abbey Vale need only match Creetown's concluding result, in either of their last 2.

Crossgates doing fellow fife sides HOB and IHS a favour tonight.

Credit to HOB  (pretty much)and IHS for escaping the drop in a season of big changes in management at both clubs. Credit especially due for a extremely young HS side who rallied themselves following major the changes they faced January and would have been my dead cert to go down at the time. 

Looks ominous for blackburn but they are still alive! 

Edited by MulgrewTwenty2

14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I caught the last half hour of the Haws v Penicuik game having been at the Lochore v Bo'ness Athletic game earlier.

Penicuik huffed and puffed but hardly created anything in that last period with too many overhit long balls going through to the keeper.

Sums up our season right there. Gone from being one of the leagues top scorers to one of the lowest. We simply haven’t been able to adequately replace the guys that we sold, retired or got themselves into a bit of bother. 

5 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

Big win for the haws last night, thought number 7 was class, caused the wee Penicuik left back problems all night

Still in shock at the Penicuik miss near the start of 2nd half. How do you put it over the bar from 2 yards out?

I refer you to my earlier post 🙂

On 01/08/2022 at 10:29, Skipper said:

In actual fact its arguably the best Rose side in 10 years. Once this lot click there will be a few skelpings this season.

It is almost like this old goat knows what he is talking about !

17 hours ago, MulgrewTwenty2 said:

Crossgates doing fellow fife sides HOB and IHS a favour tonight.

Credit to HOB  (pretty much)and IHS for escaping the drop in a season of big changes in management at both clubs. Credit especially due for a extremely young HS side who rallied themselves following major the changes they faced January and would have been my dead cert to go down at the time. 

Looks ominous for blackburn but they are still alive! 

Thanks, pretty much everyone wrote us off after we split from Pat and Greig bit once again the young lads showed if you give them some belief and faith they can surprise ye. It will likely be another re-build next year again but we have some good U20s coming through. 

1 hour ago, Swifty said:

Thanks, pretty much everyone wrote us off after we split from Pat and Greig bit once again the young lads showed if you give them some belief and faith they can surprise ye. It will likely be another re-build next year again but we have some good U20s coming through. 

I've been impressed by IHS upturn in form and well done to them, some good laddies in that side.

If you are going to get relegated losing 3-0 to Vale of Leithen is the way to go out in style:

A local derby with Whitburn next season. Despite all the shenanigans with dumping the West Lothian junior clubs in a fourth tier, the years soon pass and clubs will find their natural level.

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Despite all the shenanigans with dumping the West Lothian junior clubs in a fourth tier, the years soon pass and clubs will find their natural level.

😂 Still peddling utter bollocks - they joined at the appropriate level, no dumping was involved.

Indeed they will but the fantasist trying to push the narrative about them being "dumped" is bollocks as he well knows but he can't bring himself to admit he peddled utter delusion as fact on here for months about them. 

4 minutes ago, drs said:

Indeed they will but the fantasist trying to push the narrative about them being "dumped" is bollocks as he well knows but he can't bring himself to admit he peddled utter delusion as fact on here for months about them. 

Not so much fantasist as pettiness here. Jumps on here first thing to rub Burnieman's nose in it. As if he represents all of Blackburn Utd and Blackburn was the puppeteer of it all.

Linlithgow Rose are    PROMOTED            unless you think Abbey Vale will lose 0-26 on Monday

Blackburn United are    RELEGATED  

Fate finally catches up with Blackburn who qualified for Premier on GD in 2018-19, were running 3rd bottom in 2019-20 + 2020-21, then stayed up by 2pts last season. "Bridge too far" this time.

Congratulations to Linlithgow on becoming the latest in a procession of EOSL champions to move on up.

In my experience among the best clubs seen at this level on and off the pitch: qualify outfit.

hat-tip.gif
goodbye-and-good-luck-farewell-card-vect
hat-tip.gif