Premier Elect: EOSL Premier Division 2022-23

4 hours ago, Reader said:

His lack of interest to put in a shift to help the team out may explain why he has been around so many clubs for his age, as he definitely has something about him.

Hearing its through choice they are on transfer list. Payne certainly has something about him, for what I've seen in lower leagues, he's a natural goalscorer and 1 of the best finishers I've seen. Leishman is a very good full back and will be a loss at haws. As will Payne. 

2 hours ago, Rubikscube said:

Hearing its through choice they are on transfer list. Payne certainly has something about him, for what I've seen in lower leagues, he's a natural goalscorer and 1 of the best finishers I've seen. Leishman is a very good full back and will be a loss at haws. As will Payne. 

Not disputing Payne is a good player, but feel he could do more that would probably bring him more starts and be more settled. Leishman for me is a liability and no great loss in my opinion.

38 minutes ago, Reader said:

Not disputing Payne is a good player, but feel he could do more that would probably bring him more starts and be more settled. Leishman for me is a liability and no great loss in my opinion.

Play him in his preferred position it may help him.. wide left or right isn't his choice.. put him in where it matters you will get goals. Easy option to move a younger lad out than allum.  Who does feck all .. leish is leish.  Haws created their own monster by handing him captaincy. Absolutely mental decision. 

19 hours ago, Rubikscube said:

Play him in his preferred position it may help him.. wide left or right isn't his choice.. put him in where it matters you will get goals. Easy option to move a younger lad out than allum.  Who does feck all .. leish is leish.  Haws created their own monster by handing him captaincy. Absolutely mental 

He needs to establish himself in teams at that level and for me that comes with being versatile if required and playing at times outwith his preferred position but still needs to work for benefit of the team , he had 1 good spell with a lot of goals at Kennoway in the conferences and that may be his level as will get away with coasting in games at times, as had opportunities at various teams a step up and not done much of note which probably explains regularlymoving clubs. Totally agree with you about Leish, a problem totally of the Haws own making.

2 hours ago, Reader said:

He needs to establish himself in teams at that level and for me that comes with being versatile if required and playing at times outwith his preferred position but still needs to work for benefit of the team , he had 1 good spell with a lot of goals at Kennoway in the conferences and that may be his level as will get away with coasting in games at times, as had opportunities at various teams a step up and not done much of note which probably explains regularlymoving clubs. Totally agree with you about Leish, a problem totally of the Haws own making.

cant confess to seeing him that much but I take it you have? as have seen a few linlithgow fans posting saying they would have kept  him at their club. 

defo been a few games I have seen he looks a bit disinterested but another few he has been good and scored a few goals.

as for leishman i think i he has been sent off every haws game i have been at

2 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

cant confess to seeing him that much but I take it you have? as have seen a few linlithgow fans posting saying they would have kept  him at their club. 

defo been a few games I have seen he looks a bit disinterested but another few he has been good and scored a few goals.

as for leishman i think i he has been sent off every haws game i have been at

8 minutes ago, Rubikscube said:

Very well said, im sure @grinderbrokeyourhearts will back up your claim about the Linlithgow fans would have welcomed Payne to stay at Linlithgow end of last season. Seems @Reader knows a lot about him, he's maybe 1 of the regular 20 haws fans that watch them 🤔 😉 

Just my opinion on him after watching him a good few times with 2 or 3 teams he has been at, like I said he definitely has something about him and if fully applied himself in my opinion week in/week out would maybe be played more central instead of elsewhere to accommodate others.

Stewart Kenny turning haws in to camelon 2nd XI by looks of it. Finger's crossed that all works out for them. For the little I saw of haws last season, it's an experienced commanding CM they need. Boy clapperton looked a player unsure if he's away back to civil service.  

FB_IMG_1685208200432.jpg

image.png.2d8113db6b3538d2792ab3ca26b4a8ae.png

Escaping notice in the general melee of recent days Vale of Leithen were deducted 3pts for failing to raise a team against Inverkeithing in late March; and Broxburn 1-4 Haddington at the start of this month now awarded 1-0, after the visitors fielded an ineligible player. Former no effect on placings but Vale suffers the ignominy of ending the campaign no better than they started on 0pts; while Broxburn rise above LTHV to finish 9th and Haddington drop below Jeanfield + Penicuik to finish 7th.

4 hours ago, Rubikscube said:

Stewart Kenny turning haws in to camelon 2nd XI by looks of it. Finger's crossed that all works out for them. For the little I saw of haws last season, it's an experienced commanding CM they need. Boy clapperton looked a player unsure if he's away back to civil service.  

FB_IMG_1685208200432.jpg

Stephen can play left back, left mid, centre mid likes to get stuck in. He will probably play left mid

16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Escaping notice in the general melee of recent days Vale of Leithen were deducted 3pts for failing to raise a team against Inverkeithing in late March; and Broxburn 1-4 Haddington at the start of this month now awarded 1-0, after the visitors fielded an ineligible player. Former no effect on placings but Vale suffers the ignominy of ending the campaign no better than they started on 0pts; while Broxburn rise above LTHV to finish 9th and Haddington drop below Jeanfield + Penicuik to finish 7th.

Tad embarrassed as a Broxburn fan to have taken 3 points from Haddington when we were spanked. I know rules are rules and everyone has to abide by them but that’s the second time this season we’ve not really deserved anything and taken 3 points in both games. 

Edited by Blowin In the Wind

4 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Tad embarrassed as a Broxburn fan to have taken 3 points from Haddington when we were spanked. I know rules are rules and everyone has to abide by them but that’s the second time this season we’ve not really deserved anything and taken 3 points in both games. 

As you say, rules are rules, but I admire your honesty. My understanding, is that the player in question was 16 years old! If you are good enough, then I appreciate that age doesn’t matter, but I tend to agree with your sentiment👍

11 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Totally agree... one of our worst showings and properly battered on the day. By all means, deduct the points from Haddington if that's the rule... but awarding the game to Broxburn... nah!

On 27/05/2023 at 21:43, HibeeJibee said:

big thanks @HibeeJibee,  top work over the course of the season again. very much appreciated from myself

20 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Double whammy on Hutchie for ineligible players. I knew Haddington had done this but didn’t know who against. Hutchie having lost points for the same misdemeanour against LR lose a further place due to this.

On 26/05/2023 at 20:47, Rubikscube said:

Very well said, im sure @grinderbrokeyourhearts will back up your claim about the Linlithgow fans would have welcomed Payne to stay at Linlithgow end of last season. Seems @Reader knows a lot about him, he's maybe 1 of the regular 20 haws fans that watch them 🤔 😉 

Guaranteed goals for me. In the right team he could be one of the best strikers in the east premier.

I think what holds him back is that he’s probably not a one man up front player and that’s what most of the top teams want to play.

Top finisher - he’s played us twice and scored twice which also proves that. On top of that he seems like a good lad, have seen him at a couple Linlithgow games since he left and our players greet him well.

On 25/05/2023 at 20:13, Rubikscube said:

Play him in his preferred position it may help him.. wide left or right isn't his choice.. put him in where it matters you will get goals. Easy option to move a younger lad out than allum.  Who does feck all .. leish is leish.  Haws created their own monster by handing him captaincy. Absolutely mental decision. 

What do you mean by the last sentence? I've only been to a few Haws game but I thought he looked one of there better playwrs, does he have a bad rep? 

On 29/05/2023 at 19:18, Grant228 said:

What do you mean by the last sentence? I've only been to a few Haws game but I thought he looked one of there better playwrs, does he have a bad rep? 

And he's moved to Glenrothes. 

On 27/05/2023 at 21:43, HibeeJibee said:

Escaping notice in the general melee of recent days Vale of Leithen were deducted 3pts for failing to raise a team against Inverkeithing in late March; no effect on placings but Vale suffers the ignominy of ending the campaign no better than they started on 0pts.

Vale have now been deducted another 6pts for fielding ineligible players after discrepancies were subsequently identified in their losses to Inverkeithing and Hill of Beath on April 22nd and April 29th respectively.

They suffer the ignominy (some would say infamy) of ending on -6pts; which were it not for Fort William's -7pts in 2018-19 could well be the worst in Scottish history IIRC.

It ignobly smashes out of the park Eyemouth's previously unenviable record as the only side in EOSL history to end up on negative points: the Fishermen landed -1pt in 2004-05 and -3pts in 2018-19.

Edited by HibeeJibee