Premier Elect: EOSL Premier Division 2022-23

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Vale have now been deducted another 6pts for fielding ineligible players after discrepancies were subsequently identified in their losses to Inverkeithing and Hill of Beath on April 22nd and April 29th respectively.

They suffer the ignominy (some would say infamy) of ending on -6pts; which were it not for Fort William's -7pts in 2018-19 could well be the worst in Scottish history IIRC.

It ignobly smashes out of the park Eyemouth's previously unenviable record as the only side in EOSL history to end up on negative points: the Fishermen landed -1pt in 2004-05 and -3pts in 2018-19.

Not really much point as they were doomed for months in the league. it's a fresh start for 23/24 though. Things can only get better. 

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Vale have now been deducted another 6pts for fielding ineligible players after discrepancies were subsequently identified in their losses to Inverkeithing and Hill of Beath on April 22nd and April 29th respectively.

They suffer the ignominy (some would say infamy) of ending on -6pts; which were it not for Fort William's -7pts in 2018-19 could well be the worst in Scottish history IIRC.

It ignobly smashes out of the park Eyemouth's previously unenviable record as the only side in EOSL history to end up on negative points: the Fishermen landed -1pt in 2004-05 and -3pts in 2018-19.

How hard is it to manage 20-30 registrations and check up on any new signings?! 

Are clubs expecting the league to keep tabs on EVERY player for them so this doesn't happen rather than checking themselves? 

I know it's all volunteers but this season has been a bit of a joke with clubs not keeping on top of their paperwork 

22 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

See Crossgates have signed a couple of players from Penicuik, going to be big an even bigger off season for the Cuikie now

A few going out by all accounts but not a lot of rumours of incoming players

16 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

Sorry to see both of them going but I believe both live in fife so probably good moves for them.  Waiting with interest for our signings.  Think I heard many of our contracts run to 30 June so might not hear much before then..,

Earlier than you thought, but Penicuik Ath has just tweeted 13 players who will not be with them for 22-23. Huge building process for the new management team. Not my team, but. When I see so many players leave a club, it leaves me feeling a bit deflated. Appreciate that new players are generally welcomed at a club, but a brand new team leaves a wee bad taste for me! 

11 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Earlier than you thought, but Penicuik Ath has just tweeted 13 players who will not be with them for 22-23. Huge building process for the new management team. Not my team, but. When I see so many players leave a club, it leaves me feeling a bit deflated. Appreciate that new players are generally welcomed at a club, but a brand new team leaves a wee bad taste for me! 

Agree CJ, going to be a big overhaul at the Cuikie this summer, although im certain David and his team will have spoke to players and are just waiting to announce as previous posters have said. Hopefully the team can gel quickly and get off to a good start in the hope of a real competitive dogfight for the title between 4 or 5 clubs

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2023 at 09:41, bobbydazzler said:

See Crossgates have signed a couple of players from Penicuik, going to be big an even bigger off season for the Cuikie now

Broxburn signed a few as well. Were they released or didn’t want to stay? Not much happening on players coming in !!

• 2 weeks later...

Sauchie having a bit of a clear out, 3 youngsters out on loan to Rosyth, didn't think Sauchie had that big a squad.. possibly making way for another couple coming in before start of season. I make them early favourites for league. Bearing in mind how well they did last season.  

1 hour ago, Rubikscube said:

Sauchie having a bit of a clear out, 3 youngsters out on loan to Rosyth, didn't think Sauchie had that big a squad.. possibly making way for another couple coming in before start of season. I make them early favourites for league. Bearing in mind how well they did last season.  

A few moved on. Conor kelly to dunipace and evan and Sam collumbine to camelon 

1st look at haws under Stewart Kenny today, 2-2 with Dunipace.  Haws defence all over the place at times. Lewis Payne with a double, great finish for his 1st goal, then did well to win a pen for 2nd. Still hearing he's on transfer list as well. Both him and Love the difference in Haws side.  Dunipace new signing Connor Kelly looked lively upfront for Pace. 

2 hours ago, Rubikscube said:

1st look at haws under Stewart Kenny today, 2-2 with Dunipace.  Haws defence all over the place at times. Lewis Payne with a double, great finish for his 1st goal, then did well to win a pen for 2nd. Still hearing he's on transfer list as well. Both him and Love the difference in Haws side.  Dunipace new signing Connor Kelly looked lively upfront for Pace. 

Thought Payne was away.  

On 06/07/2023 at 19:50, Rubikscube said:

Undoubtedly one of the stronger teams in the EoS.

Very excellent setup both on and off field. 

A club that look to be well organised and going places. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sauchie sign Lewis Payne from Haws, great signing on paper let's hope he hits ground running he certainly knows where the goals are, unbelievable finisher. Sauchie certainly not short on firepower going into season. 

Screenshot_20230721_093717_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Rubikscube

1 hour ago, Rubikscube said:

Sauchie sign Lewis Payne from Haws, great signing on paper let's hope he hits ground running he certainly knows where the goals are, unbelievable finisher. Sauchie certainly not short on firepower going into season. 

What number shirt does cavanagh have ?