Dundee vs Falkirk - League Cup 2nd round

• 3 weeks later...

We’ll miss McGinn on Tuesday night through suspension. Bookings should be wiped following the group stages imho. 

For those facing teams who were given a bye (granted not Dundee) they shouldn’t be doing so minus players whilst they have a clear squad. 

Be very interesting to see how McGlynn approaches this, does he continue with the same team from the weekend in order to try keep a settled team or does he twist and let a few of the fringe players use it as a chance to show what they can do. Lawal & Burrell currently knocking at the door for a start.

With McGinn out and Yeats having to play right back I'm very worried about Josh Mulligan running all over the top of us in midfield. Would like to say if Henderson's fit put him in there instead of Hetherington but given his recent injury record I'd rather we didn't risk him.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Be very interesting to see how McGlynn approaches this, does he continue with the same team from the weekend in order to try keep a settled team or does he twist and let a few of the fringe players use it as a chance to show what they can do. Lawal & Burrell currently knocking at the door for a start.

With McGinn out and Yeats having to play right back I'm very worried about Josh Mulligan running all over the top of us in midfield. Would like to say if Henderson's fit put him in there instead of Hetherington but given his recent injury record I'd rather we didn't risk him.

Hopefully he continues with giving the young lads a run out once the third goal is in and the game wrapped up. 

This could be a pivotal game for our season - either GazBo will make some much needed changes of personnel and formation and things will hopefully click, or he will stick with mostly the same team as the last few games and claim that things will get better soon, when they probably won't...

41 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

This could be a pivotal game for our season - either GazBo will make some much needed changes of personnel and formation and things will hopefully click, or he will stick with mostly the same team as the last few games and claim that things will get better soon, when they probably won't...

GB was asked in the post-match interview on DeeTV if he was happy we had this game shortly after Friday's disappointment, and GB responded with "Very much so, but there will be changes in [the team], that's for sure."

It'll be curious what change he'll go for. He's already stated he favours a 4-4-2, and Rudden and Robinson seemed to work fairly well together on Friday, so it might revolve around that.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

GB was asked in the post-match interview on DeeTV if he was happy we had this game shortly after Friday's disappointment, and GB responded with "Very much so, but there will be changes in [the team], that's for sure."

It'll be curious what change he'll go for. He's already stated he favours a 4-4-2, and Rudden and Robinson seemed to work fairly well together on Friday, so it might revolve around that.

Two ways to read that statement.

Changes in response to the defeat or changes that were going to be made anyway since it's not the number one priority.

I'd assume the former, but it's hard to get a read on Bowyer so far.

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Two ways to read that statement.

Changes in response to the defeat or changes that were going to be made anyway since it's not the number one priority.

I'd assume the former, but it's hard to get a read on Bowyer so far.

I'd say his tone is that of the former imo, also because I don't believe the latter narrative is true. Also, I'd only just noticed they uploaded the entire post-match interview onto Twitter, getting bang for my buck from DeeTV once again!

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'd say his tone is that of the former imo, also because I don't believe the latter narrative is true. Also, I'd only just noticed they uploaded the entire post-match interview onto Twitter, getting bang for my buck from DeeTV once again!

DeeTV is an absolute disgrace. Not enough people call it out.

Too many just happy to have the bare minimum of effort.