Top of the league and you're no....

On 18/02/2023 at 17:01, RossBFaeDundee said:

Yeah you wish mate 😆 we should've been punished and yet barely anything has changed.

......other than top dogs Queen's picking up one point and second and third losing.

I was being slightly tongue in cheek. I would have snapped the hand off you for a comfortable eighth place at the start of the year. I reckon Dundee are under massive financial pressure to go up; we're not.

Despite what is said, for our first team, we signed Thomas from relegated Dunfermline and Savoury from Cove. We certainly won a watch picking up Boeteng on loan but no premier jobbers and we've even lost Simon Murray.  Coyle has done wonders with the squad.

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

......other than top dogs Queen's picking up one point and second and third losing.

I was being slightly tongue in cheek. I would have snapped the hand off you for a comfortable eighth place at the start of the year. I reckon Dundee are under massive financial pressure to go up; we're not.

Despite what is said, for our first team, we signed Thomas from relegated Dunfermline and Savoury from Cove. We certainly won a watch picking up Boeteng on loan but no premier jobbers and we've even lost Simon Murray.  Coyle has done wonders with the squad.

Surely Savoury was signed from Peterhead?

We're still here and the Dismal Dees' game in hand means much less than it did at 3pm. Hopefully Thistle spread the Weegie love by doing damage at Dens during the week.

Bottles dropping all around us as Ayr and Dundee draw. And ..... our goal difference could be vital come the end of the year.

Morton motoring though. Should be a great game next week.

21 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

All I know is whoever wins the league is going straight back down next season.

I'd rather be fighting to stay in the premiership than fighting to get out a championship with potentially Dunfermline, Falkirk & whoever gets relegated from the top flight.

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I'd love to see the theory behind this.

Bit strange that Queens Park fans get pissy over everyone “assuming their financial position” before then make assumptions of their own. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

On 05/03/2023 at 19:21, Derry Alli said:

I'd love to see the theory behind this.

The last set of accounts lodged by the club, which take two minutes to find, don't make for good reading cash wise, profits wise or in terms of the asset base of the club.

Queen's get stick for the unsustainability of what we're doing, and we all know that it's massively dependent on one guy unless we move up and can play in a big ground, but Scottish football at our level is seriously dependent on directors' loans. Morton have been very fortunate in that regard, but plenty of clubs are very exposed via loans and the disappearance of their only asset, the ground, from their balance sheet and control.