Things You Learned Today

On 07/08/2024 at 18:14, Hedgecutter said:

Sam Neill was screen-tested for James Bond, but lost the part to Dalton.

He'd have been pretty good, wouldn't he?

Then again, I remember an old Spitting Image sketch that claimed playing Bond was a piece of piss, so...

8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

St Johnstone are from Perth and not Johnstone.

Nobody tell him about St Mirren.

Edited by BFTD
He'd have pretty good? f**king hell.

There's probably a fair argument that the score is the best thing about the entire Bond franchise. They've done an impressive job of keeping the quality up throughout.

They still should've used Radiohead's title song for SPECTRE rather than whatever forgettable pish they chose in the end. It fitted the intro sequence and tone of the film brilliantly.

22 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

St Johnstone are from Perth and not Johnstone.

I had an Italian working with us this week who entered the fitba predictor.  He clearly never looked beyond the 4th row and assumed it was an all English Premiership affair.

All I can say is: imagine "who the f*** are St Johnstone?!" in an Italian accent.

Also, off the back of that, "sh1te" in an Italian accent may well be the greatest thing ever said.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There's probably a fair argument that the score is the best thing about the entire Bond franchise. They've done an impressive job of keeping the quality up throughout.

They still should've used Radiohead's title song for SPECTRE rather than whatever forgettable pish they chose in the end. It fitted the intro sequence and tone of the film brilliantly.

As much as I love Radiohead, Sam Smith's song was better.

2 minutes ago, Venti said:

As much as I love Radiohead, Sam Smith's song was better.

I'd say that's outrageous, only I can't remember whatever they went with in the end, so it wouldn't be fair.

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Radiohead fan here too, but that quite rightly should have been nowhere near a Bond film.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Radiohead fan here too, but that quite rightly should have been nowhere near a Bond film.

They let Madonna have a Bond theme. Then again they had an invisible/cloaked Aston Martin. So it was a sh!tshow all around.

28 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Nobody tell him about St Mirren.

I recall an episode of The Vital Spark where MacPhail was in some bother, when asked what he was going to do he replied 'I've prayed to all the important Saints, Mirren Johnstone and Michael*'

*M&S

3 minutes ago, Venti said:

They let Madonna have a Bond theme. Then again they had an invisible/cloaked Aston Martin. So it was a sh!tshow all around.

Matched the quality of the film tbh.

That said, I think it's the only Bond film I've never seen from start to finish in one go.  And I include NSNA in that.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Matched the quality of the film tbh.

That said, I think it's the only Bond film I've never seen from start to finish in one go.  And I include NSNA in that.

Whilst we're on the Bond theme. GoldenEye 007 is one of the best games ever.