Pars vs Airdrie - 27/08/2022

Couldn’t make it unfortunately today as I am away to Leeds for Arctic Monkeys. Good attendance and sounds as if we should have won going by Twitter.

Drawing against utter shite like Kelty could be our undoing. They are woeful. Today’s result would have been ok normally, but a stupid draw against Kelty has thrown that out the window. Felt like we should win that today to stamp some authority. Will be tight between ourselves and the Falkirk Bumbaclarts for this title.

Enjoyed that game. Seem like two decent sides for League 1. Game died for about 15 minutes either side of half time but a decent ending. Pars quite unlucky not to have won it in the end. Some very very angry fifers when that goal was ruled out.

Bridies were class.

Overall a decent game, draw probably a fair result. Couldn’t see what the foul was at the end though? Keeper seemed to go into his own defender?

Airdrie the best team we’ve played by far, but we also played our best game of the season.

Also, the standard of officiating in this league is absolutely horrific. Scary that these guys are actually qualified referees. Missing really basic things every week and never have any control of the game/authority over any of the players. 

Probably a fair result. Both sides created good chances and it was a decent game for the most part.

If there was a foul at the end then every single set piece would end in a defensive free-kick; ref shat it.

The squad we have right now will not win the title. Big few days to try and add some quality.

I enjoyed the game but aye the refereeing is stinking, will be interesting to see the go pro behind the goal but I don't think the keeper was impeded he just made a c**t of it. No idea why the ref waited for the ball to break Matty to take a touch and slot home before calling a could on the keeper, a really strange one.

But the referee after booking the keeper for time wasting then running to the half way line turning round with his hands by his side looking exasperated as if he couldn't do anything took the piss. No idea if he thought he was time wasting why he didn't just send him off.

It was also pleasing to see how we reacted to losing a goal, I was fearful we would crumble but we took the game by the scruff of the neck after that.

That was a really good game overall. Two good teams for this level playing decent football and both trying to win it. Dunfermline are the best team I’ve seen us play so far this season, Queen of the South had a good second half against us but Dunfermline looked a step above them in terms of quality on the ball and organisation. 

Interesting seeing Dunfermline fans saying it was pretty even as other than the second half up until Todorov’s goal I thought they were the better team. Admittedly they didn’t test us too much with clear chances, we defended our box pretty well with plenty of good blocks but Edwards and MacDonald were very aggressive going forward and gave us a really tough time out wide. Airdrie looked good on the ball at times but lacked a bit of quality around the box and were quite careless in possession a few times. Our style of play is pretty high risk but it hasn’t properly cost us yet and as we’ve seen so far, when it works it’s great to watch.

It was hard to see the disallowed goal from our end but I didn’t think it was a foul, so we seem to have got away with one there. Sometimes you need that luck though and we’ve had plenty of big games in recent seasons where things haven’t fallen for us. The fans on the pitch after the goal were very funny.

Having played the three full-time teams, two of them away from home, I think we’ve got to be delighted with 11 points from these opening five games. With two winnable home games we should be looking to push on next month, albeit with a dreaded trip to Montrose in between.

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Clear has day the keeper fucked that.   That Scottish refs though a completely different grade of shite to normal shite.

His assistant has an absolutely brilliant view of it at well. Not like it's in the midst of a load of players and the view is obscured.

Just saw it there from a view from the NW. That is an absolutely fucking atrocious decision. The drop in standards in officiating from Championship to League 1 is stark. Every game I have seen us play the referees look like they are just guessing decisions. Especially the linsemen. Half the time they aren’t in line with the last defender on attacks to judge offsides, and look like they actually don’t know the offside rule. It’s frightening how bad they are.

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Just saw it there from a view from the NW. That is an absolutely fucking atrocious decision. The drop in standards in officiating from Championship to League 1 is stark. Every game I have seen us play the referees look like they are just guessing decisions. Especially the linsemen. Half the time they aren’t in line with the last defender on attacks to judge offsides, and look like they actually don’t know the offside rule. It’s frightening how bad they are.

The linesman was brilliant today Edwards made about 10 foul throws next to him but he was too busy watching the offside to notice. One day someone will tell him what he's missing 😂

Hard to tell from that angle, although it looks like McCann is behind him and that's what I think the foul was given for. To be fair the ref blew fairly quickly, certainly before the ball ended up in the net. In general though the ref was a bit all over the place. Let a few meaty challenges go in the first half then penalised some innocuous looking tackles in the second half. At least he didn't give a foul for Ballatyne's fantastic dive in the last 10 minutes though. 

Thought the draw was fair enough tbh, we didn't create enough when we had openings and the keeper only really had two good saves, one tip over you'd expect him to make and one down low from an Edwards shot. Was disappointed in Mochrie, looked like he was running away from the play at times and not looking to get in behind. McCann and Todarov is never going to work as a pair but O'Hara wasn't great before having to go off anyway. Airdrie looked decent and Frizzell took his goal well. They were well organised and unlucky with the one off the line and the shot off the bar. They'll certainly be up there at the end of the season.

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

Hard to tell from that angle, although it looks like McCann is behind him and that's what I think the foul was given for. To be fair the ref blew fairly quickly, certainly before the ball ended up in the net. In general though the ref was a bit all over the place. Let a few meaty challenges go in the first half then penalised some innocuous looking tackles in the second half. At least he didn't give a foul for Ballatyne's fantastic dive in the last 10 minutes though. 

Thought the draw was fair enough tbh, we didn't create enough when we had openings and the keeper only really had two good saves, one tip over you'd expect him to make and one down low from an Edwards shot. Was disappointed in Mochrie, looked like he was running away from the play at times and not looking to get in behind. McCann and Todarov is never going to work as a pair but O'Hara wasn't great before having to go off anyway. Airdrie looked decent and Frizzell took his goal well. They were well organised and unlucky with the one off the line and the shot off the bar. They'll certainly be up there at the end of the season.

Youre not Partisan enough 😉