Newtongrange Star 2022/23

2 hours ago, the tin man said:

Managerial rumour mill saying Joe Hamil got the job, interesting appointment. I think its a good one if true 

Hope not , ruined a decent Musselburgh team . They need to open it up to applications. Great job for the right manager . 

Totally agree that Hammell would be a poor appointment. Looked like he did well at Haddington but it was assistant who was the driving force - that’s clear from Haddington’s ongoing success and the fact that Hammill did nowt at Mussy. 
Johnny Harvey would do for me

Edited by El Paso

As a penicuik fan I’ll be honest, I was hoping Hamill got our gig, every time he played against us his teams were well organised and played really attractive football. Plus gave us a doin at times too.

I think he would be a great addition at Nitten, don’t even get me started on Johnny Harvey.

27 minutes ago, El Paso said:

Johnny Harvey would do for me

Delete your account, please!!!

Feckin hell, Harvey - who won 3 in 27 at Camelon, that Harvey? 😄

30 minutes ago, El Paso said:

Not much to work with at Camelon to be fair to him. 

It was actually a decent squad, some excellent young players but it was the same old faces brought in and dressing room splits…

Anyway, where has his Wiki page gone??? It was a literacy masterpiece a couple of seasons ago but seems to have gone now 😂

59 minutes ago, Spyro said:

It was actually a decent squad, some excellent young players but it was the same old faces brought in and dressing room splits…

Anyway, where has his Wiki page gone??? It was a literacy masterpiece a couple of seasons ago but seems to have gone now 😂

He Inheritrd a new squad that wasn't good enough and with our reputation in the gutter noone would have kept us up

1 minute ago, searchers1963 said:

I've asked him about berwick and he said the berwick and camelon jobs were the same. Squads that weren't good enough and took over mid season both around October/November time. 

He said he wouldn't take a job like that again.

See to be honest, and I mean completely honest. He’s just not a nice guy, I’ve never (apart from you) heard anyone say a nice word about him, he thought he was above everyone else during his time at Penicuik, thought he was Billy big baws and untouchable walking into Berwick and he failed, too many peoples satisfaction I’ll add.

going by your above comments aswell, he’s clearly not a good decision making either. 
listen maybe he’s changed, but a tainted reputation is hard to shift and his name is certainly mud up here in the rookie cookie.

2 minutes ago, Franky Bhoy said:

See to be honest, and I mean completely honest. He’s just not a nice guy, I’ve never (apart from you) heard anyone say a nice word about him, he thought he was above everyone else during his time at Penicuik, thought he was Billy big baws and untouchable walking into Berwick and he failed, too many peoples satisfaction I’ll add.

going by your above comments aswell, he’s clearly not a good decision making either. 
listen maybe he’s changed, but a tainted reputation is hard to shift and his name is certainly mud up here in the rookie cookie.

The Rookie Cuikie are a tough crowd to please though…

Joe Hamill would be an obvious choice based on Simmy, his assistant at Musselburgh, getting the assistant's job at Nitten last week 🤔 Gotta think Kieran Renton would be on any shortlist too - an ambitious young manager. Or, Stevie McLeish?

I have no inside knowledge as a Musselburgh supporter, just guessing, but food for thought?

7 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

Joe Hamill would be an obvious choice based on Simmy, his assistant at Musselburgh, getting the assistant's job at Nitten last week 🤔 Gotta think Kieran Renton would be on any shortlist too - an ambitious young manager. Or, Stevie McLeish?

I have no inside knowledge as a Musselburgh supporter, just guessing, but food for thought?

Or, Stevie McLeish?

McLeish is a great coach/manager and I think he’d be a far better appointment than Hammell but I can’t imagine the Nitten faithful would welcome his return.

20 minutes ago, El Paso said:

Or, Stevie McLeish?

McLeish is a great coach/manager and I think he’d be a far better appointment than Hammell but I can’t imagine the Nitten faithful would welcome his return.

Mcleish back helping out at Tynie if rumours we are hearing up here are true.