Dundee Utd vs Celtic Sunday 28th

6 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Nothing like a guid old fashioned pumpin to get the diddies frothing in their panties about finances, bigotry and the state of scottish fitba.

I am constantly annoyed by bigotry and the unwillingness of the Scottish football authorities to admit that it’s a problem let alone do anything about it.  I’m less bothered about finances and the state of Scottish football.

Edited by Granny Danger

20 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I had to check that out, but Celtic's 80s record at Pittodrie was far better than it was at Tannadice.

Aberdeen had a better Parkheid record than United, but all in both clubs had a lot of wins against Celtic at that time. More than they lost.

Happy days indeed - football was so much better then - domestic, European, international. In fact Eder himself left me mesmerised in 82.

I suspect United fans don't want you feeling sorry for them. They seem to leave those sections empty in a lot of games - maybe a safety thing due to too many crushed knee caps.

Aberdeen wins over Celtic played a huge part in Dundee United winning the league in 83 while you were enjoying the delights of Gothenburg.

It was the best time maybe due to two exceptional managers but I also think the top league of ten helped.  Since we started missing about with it, it's never been the same.  

Ultimately Scotland is no different to any other country and money has changed football forever.

8 minutes ago, Eder said:

Aberdeen wins over Celtic played a huge part in Dundee United winning the league in 83 while you were enjoying the delights of Gothenburg.

It was the best time maybe due to two exceptional managers but I also think the top league of ten helped.  Since we started missing about with it, it's never been the same.  

Ultimately Scotland is no different to any other country and money has changed football forever.

Not a chance a result like Sundays that would happen under Jim McLean. Just a different breed those guys 

Edited by Jinky67

On 29/08/2022 at 15:19, Kyle Reese said:

I don't particularly like Dundee United either to be honest with you. PSG bumming Celtic in to oblivion would not harm the Champions League, and would not even make much of a ripple in the attention pool of continental football fans. Celtic or rangers being so far ahead of one of the bigger clubs in Scotland to the point where they are scoring a goal against them without reply every ten minutes is severely damaging to the game here.

Imagine if that happened in the top flight of any other country, eh? Perish the very thought!