End game / Predictions thread.

Brother Blades

What do posters think - (not want)will be the end game of the Tory leadership election? 
I’d also like to keep it specific to the next general election & the following parliamentary term or thereabouts. What will happen between now & 2030?

The most accurate predictor will win a prize of my choosing on 31st December 2030.

I’ll go first.

Truss will win the leadership election (given).  She will be an absolute clusterfuck as PM with swaying between such ridiculously right wing thoughts that satisfy her base, to U-turning immediately as soon as a poll or her party tell her she’s gone too far.

She will be replaced before the next GE as her popularity within the electorate goes below the depths even Johnson commanded.

Indy ref will be declared illegal in the Supreme Court & in Scotland, the GE will be run as a de facto independence vote - SNP will win all but 3 Scottish seats in Westminster. 

This is the bit I’m most doubtful about- the Tories will bring Johnson back as leader to fight the GE! 

There will be no majority in Westminster but Labour are by around 20 seats the largest party. They will absolutely refuse to work alongside the SNP in exchange for another referendum. The Tories then cobble together a government with the Lib Dem’s & DUP.

5 more years of hurt are inflicted upon us. 
I really hope I come last in my own competition, but really don’t think I’ll be too far off. 

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Can't see the LibDems being daft enough to prop up the Tories again.

The rest is fairly possible.

Oh you sweet summer child. The Lib Dems’ knickers would be round their ankles before the Tories even made a formal proposition.

Just now, Highlandmagar said:

Absolutely. They have no scruples over power.

They’re the definition of a party who exists solely to get a sniff at power for its own sake. There are no actual policy goals or ideology anymore; they stand for nothing. Their plan seems to be:

1. Gain relevance by dastardly any means necessary.

2. ???

3. Profit.

I don't see Johnson coming back; he'll be making more money on the right wing grief circuit by then, and the attack ads would write themselves. Possibly more likely to be someone who's done f**k all enough to be painted as a "safe pair of hands". Gove or Raab potentially to come back if they're both backbenchers in the Truss admin. 

Truss wins, is a disaster but we have to send the fleet in to liberate/invade  Gibraltar/Corsica/Cyprus or something because of a ludicrous series of outrageous foreign policy blunders and insane doubling downs.

The Tories lose their majority at the next GE but Labour can't form a majority(thanks to Maggie Truss being a WAR PM). The SNP get 90% of the seats in Scotland and 54% of the vote but Starmer refuses to make a deal with the secessionist scum to appease the flat capped brexit bunch he's won back.

A minority government cobbled together of lab lib and greens limp on for a couple of months, the country descends into anarchy and the fleet is sunk/sent home in disgrace and the SNP abstain in the vote of confidence ushering in BawJaws II the Return of BawJaws and for the next 40 years Scotland is blamed for every awful fucking thing he does despite Starmer (who is of course now Baron Starmer of Beige) not making a deal with the SNP in the first fucking place. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

36 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Can't see the LibDems being daft enough to prop up the Tories again.

The rest is fairly possible.

It’s a shite state of affairs, but the Lib Dems will absolutely f**k everyone & everything for a sniff of the finger of the guy who happened to finger someone who happened to work in Downing Street, ever! They are corruptible, which in some cases is worse than being corrupt. 

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

Indy ref will be declared illegal in the Supreme Court & in Scotland, the GE will be run as a de facto independence vote - SNP will win all but 3 Scottish seats in Westminster. 

If that was to happen with the next General Election I wouldn't be surprised to see a Unionist alliance making each constituency in Scotland a Yes/No two horse race.

Truss is comedy gold as PM,  a sort of hybrid of Margot Leadbetter and Frank Spencer with the cunning and intellect of Father Dougal. 

Highlights include telling the Japanese PM to "chillax about Taiwan", mixing up paperwork to take the UK out of the UN and join the Surbiton Women's Institute and walking into a lampost. 

With Britain's moron population distracted by the hilarity the Tories continue to loot the country and rig the capitalist system in their favour.  

Poor people are made to generate electricity on giant treadmills in exchange for food credits.  To encourage investment in growth,  the highest rate of tax is replaced with a 20% tax rebate funded by putting VAT on bread,  pasta,  rice and potato products. 

The NHS is broken up,  with the real estate going to opaque offshore trusts associated with dodgy mates of the governments' (Russian,  American,  Chinese,  Saudi,  who cares,  they have big yachts) and the running of it outsourced to highly leveraged private equity firms.  

Education is fully privatised,  with most state schools replaced with Wetherspoons,  Sports Direct and Amazon academies and universities banned from teaching Arts courses to anyone with less that £1m in a trust fund. 

Our moat of sewage will be reinforced by razor wire and machine gun towers.  All boats not visibly crewed by white people will be dive bombed by specially adapted Spitfire replicas playing Rule Britannia through suspended speakers. 

Then into 2023, where things start to get bad.... 

26 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

We are about to enter a prolongued period in which normal political and economic gravity is suspended and I could honestly foresee Martial Law being declared in various regions of the UK as the social fabric unravels.

Easy to forget but remember the policy they brought in to limit public protesting 

Martin Lewis forms a new political party that storms to power within a year. He fixes the energy markets, gets everyone a Council Tax band reduction plus 2 for 1 at Nando's but in doing so he empties the defence budget allowing us to be invaded and conquered by Iceland and we all end up eating dolphins, whales and fermented shark.

It's about as likely as anything else, we are heading for crazy times.

4 hours ago, Antlion said:

Oh you sweet summer child. The Lib Dems’ knickers would be round their ankles before the Tories even made a formal proposition.

I’d be happy to place a sizeable bet with you that you’re wrong.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d be happy to place a sizeable bet with you that you’re wrong.

Are you willing to bet that the Lib Dem’s wouldn’t prove to be as slack as they were when Cameron let half a bollock slip out of his shorts during the annual HoC squash match & could only be set free when Clegg was cured of lock jaw?

I hope I’m wrong, but not one prominent Lib Dem hates Tories more than they desire being relevant. 

6 hours ago, Lurkst said:

If that was to happen with the next General Election I wouldn't be surprised to see a Unionist alliance making each constituency in Scotland a Yes/No two horse race.

I cant see that happening as then they really do make it a de facto referendum, only by giving the illusion of choice can the unionists claim it is just a normal election.

As for the main question of the thread cant see johnson returning, Truss to be a disaster, Raab to lead the tories to small defeat at next GE, Labour to limp on with the LD providing confidence and supply until it all falls apart and the tories return for a while, Scotland doesnt get a referendum leaving us with a permament SNP SG who cant fulfill their main aim. 

9 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Are you willing to bet that the Lib Dem’s wouldn’t prove to be as slack as they were when Cameron let half a bollock slip out of his shorts during the annual HoC squash match & could only be set free when Clegg was cured of lock jaw?

I hope I’m wrong, but not one prominent Lib Dem hates Tories more than they desire being relevant. 

Yeah, you’re wrong.   The ‘analysis’ is lazy and ignores so many factors.