Aberdeen v Livi

37 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

As usual mistakes every single game,but Livi's
performances have been poor,certain Livi fans
on here keep praising the players, it seems some of them can do no wrong, in reality most of them are not good enough.
BIG problems as an attacking force,the whole midfield are the biggest problem.

OMEONGA, when on the ball doesn't know what to do, cant find a player, wont shoot,creates nothing

KELLY, Not good enough,Mr invisible,creates nothing,no pace.

PITTMAN, Does plenty running,nothing else, struggles  to get on the ball,his ball control is not good enough,past his best for this league 

SHINNE, Absolute hopeless,usually invisible,slow,creates nothing but gets a game every week

HOLT, Not at it this season, basically a defender not a midfielder,wont come out his own half,creates nothing, continually fouls

George  3/10
Devlin  5/10
Fitzwater 3/10 Good this season,bad mistake today
Obileye  4/10
Montaño  5/10 Good in patches,then disappears
Holt     3/10
Omeonga  4/10
Kelly    1/10
Shinnie  1/10
Pittman  2/10  
Nouble   3/10  Looks jaded last 2 games,better on the wing

I wont judge the subs but that Cancar looks a liability

Once again Scrutinizor comes on spouting his pish after weve lost a game.Where was he after our wins against Dun utd and Hibs.Oh forgot he comes on here only after losses.Back under your boulder.10 men at Pittodrie what did you expect.Your critic means nothing to real Livi fans.Still early in the season,sincerely hope at the end of the season we hopefully hear the last from you,but won't hold my breath. 👎.

That was really enjoyable after the red card. 

The first half up until that point was not as bad as Motherwell, but there were still some slightly concerning moments. Livingston were getting a bit too much joy from targeting our wide areas and testing our full-backs in the air, but I did notice that Besuijen and Hayes were dropping relatively deep out of possession to ensure that Richardson and Coulson didn't become too isolated. Roos also makes what looked like a good save from a header at 0-0, and he commanded his box when required - it is still early days for him, but he is beginning to look like he can be a top-end goalkeeper at this level. I also thought Stewart played Nouble well for the most part, although this was less of an issue after the sending off and the dynamics of the game changing. 

With the caveat that Livingston were down to ten men, the second half was great to watch. Ramadani and McCrorie had complete control of the midfield - the former springing some lovely passes, the latter scoring and sweeping up. Holt always seems to impose himself on us too easily, so it was nice to see McCrorie giving him a bit back. Besuijen and Hayes were having great fun before they were taken off, with Hayes' pass through to Miovski for the fourth a particular highlight.

When I first watched Duk in the flesh at Stirling Albion, he looked to be something of an enigma. However, his pace and power looks to be well suited to games where the opposition is beginning to labour and space is opening up. Goodwin deserves credit for bringing him on instead of a more defensive-minded player for Clarkson, because he helped to hammer home our superiority in the second half. 

A special mention for Miovski, who I thought was superb. I made a point of watching him out of possession in the second half, and his movement is so intelligent. He is always peeling off defenders and looking to find angles to exploit. Crucially, he also looks like he can score goals with some regularity. It was only a pity that he didn't get his hat-trick because he deserved it. 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

The first half up until that point was not as bad as Motherwell, but there were still some slightly concerning moments. Livingston were getting a bit too much joy from targeting our wide areas and testing our full-backs in the air, but I did notice that Besuijen and Hayes were dropping relatively deep out of possession to ensure that Richardson and Coulson didn't become too isolated. Roos also makes what looked like a good save from a header at 0-0, and he commanded his box when required - it is still early days for him, but he is beginning to look like he can be a top-end goalkeeper at this level. I also thought Stewart played Nouble well for the most part, although this was less of an issue after the sending off and the dynamics of the game changing. 

With the caveat that Livingston were down to ten men, the second half was great to watch. Ramadani and McCrorie had complete control of the midfield - the former springing some lovely passes, the latter scoring and sweeping up. Holt always seems to impose himself on us too easily, so it was nice to see McCrorie giving him a bit back. Besuijen and Hayes were having great fun before they were taken off, with Hayes' pass through to Miovski for the fourth a particular highlight.

When I first watched Duk in the flesh at Stirling Albion, he looked to be something of an enigma. However, his pace and power looks to be well suited to games where the opposition is beginning to labour and space is opening up. Goodwin deserves credit for bringing him on instead of a more defensive-minded player for Clarkson, because he helped to hammer home our superiority in the second half. 

A special mention for Miovski, who I thought was superb. I made a point of watching him out of possession in the second half, and his movement is so intelligent. He is always peeling off defenders and looking to find angles to exploit. Crucially, he also looks like he can score goals with some regularity. It was only a pity that he didn't get his hat-trick because he deserved it. 

His wee reverse ball for Richardson (ultimately came to nothing) was a thing of beauty as well.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

His finishing can be a ‘bit’ erratic but aye, he’s brilliant. Light years ahead of Ramirez when it comes to all round game. 

I think the finishing will come. At least he's getting himself there though and it's not by luck.

First half Miovski was far too isolated. Jim is going to have to trust the full backs if he wants to play this way.

I'm a bit harsh on Hayes movement as he was brilliant on the ball today but if you look at the runs the other forwards make then we could be in for a good season.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Should say, aside from the great first half save, Roos looked a lot more assured from set pieces today and taking crosses. Keep that up please. 

edit - drewdon beat me to this revelation 

Roos still gets a bit of stick from some of our fans, which apparently comes from the stories that came up with him from Derby. Solely going by his Aberdeen performances so far, he's barely put a foot wrong. Today he had a great first half save and a decent one right at the death from an excellent strike on the angle. Also came for a few balls coming in from the wings/corners with ease.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Roos still gets a bit of stick from some of our fans, which apparently comes from the stories that came up with him from Derby. Solely going by his Aberdeen performances so far, he's barely put a foot wrong. Today he had a great first half save and a decent one right at the death from an excellent strike on the angle. Also came for a few balls coming in from the wings/corners with ease.

Oh he’s had some shaky days joey, no doubt about it. He’s looked pretty uncertain with set pieces and cross balls at times but today he looked solid. 

3 hours ago, big al said:

Wow, very harsh.

Livi arguably the better team until the red card. Certainly felt you had the upper hand in midfield. 
Not sure what you’re expecting to be honest, but it’s pretty unrealistic whatever it is.

He's a dickhead that disappeared last season when we went on a good run, and hasn' shown his face till we lost today. Basically, spouts pish when we lose then goes into hiding when we win games. Must've cum in his pants when he saw the score today.

Roos has definitely been more willing to leave his line the last couple of games. I do wonder if he was under instruction to stay put at set-pieces and the second goal against Motherwell changed Goodwin's mind on that. 

He’s 6’4”, he should be using that to command his box every week, like he did today.

I don’t know if Livi do it every week, but they had about 3 players around Kelle Roos when they had corners & we generally dealt with it well today. 

That is pretty harsh on Besuijen. He was fairly peripheral for the first forty minutes, but it is his pressing that forces the red card. Richardson then spurned an excellent chance to deny him a brilliant assist, and his movement between the lines in the second half was causing Livingston so many issues. 

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

That is pretty harsh on Besuijen. He was fairly peripheral for the first forty minutes, but it is his pressing that forces the red card. Richardson then spurned an excellent chance to deny him a brilliant assist, and his movement between the lines in the second half was causing Livingston so many issues. 

Agree with that. Besuijen is the absolute least of our concerns.

Very impressive performance in the 2nd half with a bit of a caveat there. 
We didn’t start the game properly at all again and could’ve been punished. Happening a little too often so far.

The team has the pace and skill to be very good when a game opens up - and there is a definite goal threat. I feel we should also be much better away from home this season - could hardly be much worse than 2 wins from 19 last season!

Still think we need to find the solutions for tight games at home - all three home league games so far have been a struggle at 11 v 11 - but not a big enough sample size yet to judge whether we will be able to grind out the wins when needed.