The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

Wallace is a favourite among many Tory members and had been expected to be a contender to succeed Johnson, deciding not to do so for reasons that remain unclear.

I have no recollection of him from his stint as a list MSP, but find "reasons that remain unclear" intruiging.

17 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Reminder that there is no limit on how far down someone can go. Look.at these two:

"Please come back boss". What an embarrassment, from two men with absolutely no self-respect.  

I genuinely forgot that Johnson won a GE.

If Johnson makes it to a membership vote, he will win.

I wouldn't be particularly surprised if, having just chosen an economically far right zealot and watched it implode, they now pivot to a socially far right zealot and choose an outright culture war obsessed fascist like Braverman in the hope there's some political capital to be found in outlawing protests while ramping up attacks on immigration and trans rights, but Truss and Kwarteng have surely been too fucked up for another radical jump to appeal.

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If Johnson makes it to a membership vote, he will win.

I wouldn't be particularly surprised if, having just chosen an economically far right zealot and watched it implode, they now pivot to a socially far right zealot and choose an outright culture war obsessed fascist like Braverman in the hope there's some political capital to be found in outlawing protests while ramping up attacks on immigration and trans rights, but Truss and Kwarteng have surely been too fucked up for another radical jump to appeal.

I've been saying for a while on here that I fully expected the Tories to fight the next GE on nothing but a soundbite filled culture war basis. I meant that though in the context of Johnson fighting a flippant, glib campaign based on slandering opponents rather than espousing views and policies that he actually believes. 

Unfortunately, I can still see the GE being fought on the same grounds, but as you allude to, the even more horrifying thing is that if it's a Braverman/Badenoch led Tory party, they will actually be fighting a culture war rooted in their own deeply held hatred of minorities. I've also said that I think any long-term involvement of Braverman in UK politics will inevitably lead to a media-driven return to a 'discussion' over capital punishment, and I absolutely would not put it past these reprehensible worstcunts to bring that into the fold as an electoral football.

Edited by Boo Khaki

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I'm actually much happier at a tory being publicly called 'a c**t' than I am about Truss going.

The bad news is that their next leader will be a right nasty b*****d.

Surely there has to be a general election after this farce?

We've already had Truss and the only one who could Trump her in the "nasty" stakes in Braverman and She's highly unlikely to get anywhere near it.

Sunak is pretty moderate (by Tory standards) and Mordaunt although on the Right isn't anywhere near as bad as Truss or Braverman.

The bottom line remains however, that we simply shouldn't be having this utter charade forced upon us (again) as they are a busted flush and should be nowhere near Government.

3 hours ago, Antlion said:

Given you literally just ignore anything you don’t want to address and just keep attacking the same straw man instead, I’d imagine to you it would be.

Is the 'just ignoring' part when I try to answer each objection to Labour point by point? Whether that is on immigration, trade unions, Independence etc.

On the other hand any objection to the SNP's plans for Independence are met with a standard 'we will get the government we vote for in an Independent Scotland, and that is all that matters'.

Edited by Jedi

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

we will get the government we vote for in an Independent Scotland

You say that as if it’s a bad thing 

The Government would also be far more accountable to the population knowing they can get the boot 

Unlike now, where you don’t need the jocks to win an election, they need to bend the knee to English gammons to win 

I would think only Rishi Sunak could provide any stability to the Tories just now, Boris will be a complete shit show. He might bring them up in the polls but all the baggage he brings, all the things coming up still for him it would be lunacy for the tory party to make him leader. So theres a good chance it happens

I hope to f**k Labour win the next GE and SNP get 50% or more of vote, Can Labour realistically win without winning more seats in Scotland?

Edited by BigDoddyKane

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

You say that as if it’s a bad thing 

The Government would also be far more accountable to the population knowing they can get the boot 

Unlike now, where you don’t need the jocks to win an election, they need to bend the knee to English gammons to win 

Except we won't really we will? Given that combined more people vote against the SNP than for them, but in the first few Scottish Elections they will be a shoe in....so most of Scotland still won't get the government they voted for.Still..

1 minute ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I hope to f**k Labour win the next GE and SNP get 50% or more of vote, Can Labour realistically win without winning more seats in Scotland

On current polling, yes, Labour can win without needing many seats in Scotland.