Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

On 10/03/2023 at 09:28, Rugster said:

I see we've got a new Chooky Edinburgh. Charlie bestows the title on Edward.

Thank goodness for that. Edinburgh was becoming a wasteland of depression in the absence of a figurehead from such a renowned family. The lack of a "Duke" was clearly having a hugely detrimental effect on the City, so the populace will no doubt be cheering in the streets this very day to celebrate the wonderful news. 

"Duke of Edinburgh". 2023. FFS. 

On 11/03/2023 at 09:43, Salt n Vinegar said:

Thank goodness for that. Edinburgh was becoming a wasteland of depression in the absence of a figurehead from such a renowned family. The lack of a "Duke" was clearly having a hugely detrimental effect on the City, so the populace will no doubt be cheering in the streets this very day to celebrate the wonderful news. 

"Duke of Edinburgh". 2023. FFS. 

He can fix the fucking potholes for starters

They interviewed some Capital punter on R4 on Friday about it and they said "I would care less but I can't be bothered putting in the effort"

Dear Duke of Wess... Edinburgh,

Can you do something about the graffiti? And getting the tram extension open earlier? And help Hibz n Hertz compete against the Uglies?

I realise your ducal in-tray will be full but these must be priorities.

A Flunkey.

5 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Dear Duke of Wess... Edinburgh,

Can you do something about the graffiti? And getting the tram extension open earlier? And help Hibz n Hertz compete against the Uglies?

I realise your ducal in-tray will be full but these must be priorities.

A Flunkey.

I await examples of the positive impact of this latest "Duke".  No doubt the people of Edinburgh will be fulsome in their praise of his efforts.

Edit to add... Perhaps we should have a minute's silence in recognition of all the areas outwith Edinburgh that don't have a Duke.  How can they be expected to carry on? 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I await examples of the positive impact of this latest "Duke".  No doubt the people of Edinburgh will be fulsome in their praise of his efforts.

Edit to add... Perhaps we should have a minute's silence in recognition of all the areas outwith Edinburgh that don't have a Duke.  How can they be expected to carry on? 

Haven’t you heard? Nary a tourist has set foot in Edinburgh since it’s been dukeless. Because that’s the only reason tourists visit anywhere in the UK, isn’t it? Because it has royals?

Right?

3 hours ago, Antlion said:

Haven’t you heard? Nary a tourist has set foot in Edinburgh since it’s been dukeless. Because that’s the only reason tourists visit anywhere in the UK, isn’t it? Because it has royals?

Right?

Absolutely! I've left the house for the first time in ages purely on the basis that we are now a Dukedom.  The streets seem safer already. 

During the recent Channel Four hustings, all three candidates when asked about a future head of state, answered that they preferred Andy Murray over someone from the hereditary bloodline.

I'm not at all sure anyone pitching for First Minister would dare go there before Auld Lizzie shuffled off her mortal coil but now and just a few months into Chuckles' reign, I'm not aware that anyone is bothered that senior politicians (and Ash Regan) are openly ridiculing the monarch.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

What did the RoI do to annoy the French?

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

They're still banging on about Thierry Henry

Took an hour. Still, I suppose it is Friday...