Hibernian v Aberdeen 17/09/22

7 hours ago, Rapid Pie Movement said:

Hmm, that's debatable. I do agree it was a soft penalty but sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't (as witnessed by the two blatant pens we didn't get in the same match).  The point is Goodwin claims Porteous "dived". He didn't. And the pile-on is completely ridiculous. 

A couple of points. There is no such thing as a "soft penalty". If a foul is committed in the box by a defender it's a penalty. If there is no foul committed it's not a penalty, there's no middle ground. Same as there's no such thing as an "orange" card, only yellow or red. Second point is that Jim Goodwin didn't claim that Porteous dived.

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

A couple of points. There is no such thing as a "soft penalty". If a foul is committed in the box by a defender it's a penalty. If there is no foul committed it's not a penalty, there's no middle ground. Same as there's no such thing as an "orange" card, only yellow or red. Second point is that Jim Goodwin didn't claim that Porteous dived.

What did he do to "cheat" then?

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

RPM said that Jim Goodwin said that Porteous dived, I was pointing out that he didn't say that. He certainly said he cheated, no denying that.

He could only have cheated by diving, Shirley unless I'm missing another incident?

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

He could only have cheated by diving, Shirley unless I'm missing another incident?

Well yes of course he could, but, but, RPM said that Jim Goodwin said that Porteous dived, and the lovely Mr Goodwin didn't say that. Simples.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

What’s this being discussed? Ryan Porteous diving for a penalty you say? 

From about 1:35 .. 

Clearly pushed over. 

Bit rich from a Saints fan considering falling down and winning fouls is all your players try to do all game. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

18 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Well yes of course he could, but, but, RPM said that Jim Goodwin said that Porteous dived, and the lovely Mr Goodwin didn't say that. Simples.

OK, I accept he didn't sat specifically say Porteous dived. So I apologise unreservedly for that. But he did accuse him of cheating. And no matter what you think of the decision, he didn't cheat. And all this is missing the point, which of course I'm sure you know. Goodwin's comments were outrageous and he has rightly been charged. As regards the penalty decision, I thought it was a pen in real time (and I was right in front of it), but having seen it back I'd call it contentious (not soft). I can see why it was given, but I'd be annoyed had it been given against my team. But then I was annoyed about the other two decisions we didn't get which I'm sure we can all agree were definitely penalties. 

41 minutes ago, Rapid Pie Movement said:

OK, I accept he didn't sat specifically say Porteous dived. So I apologise unreservedly for that. But he did accuse him of cheating. And no matter what you think of the decision, he didn't cheat. And all this is missing the point, which of course I'm sure you know. Goodwin's comments were outrageous and he has rightly been charged. As regards the penalty decision, I thought it was a pen in real time (and I was right in front of it), but having seen it back I'd call it contentious (not soft). I can see why it was given, but I'd be annoyed had it been given against my team. But then I was annoyed about the other two decisions we didn't get which I'm sure we can all agree were definitely penalties. 

It's pretty simple. It was a foul, or more specifically three fouls,  by Porteous so it should have been a foul to Aberdeen.