Arbroath v Dundee

Can't honestly say i'm looking forward to this after our performance against Cove. Don't like to be negative but we could get a doing if we don't pull out a performance from somewhere as Dundee seem to be doing ok lately, however you just never know in football and the football gods might be smiling on us.

C'mon the Lichties.

A draw would be a positive result for us as it stands. No word from the club (as always) regarding injuries so really don’t know what team we will play. Possibly Isiaka at Centre half and Cammy Gill as the target man up front 

19 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

A draw would be a positive result for us as it stands. No word from the club (as always) regarding injuries so really don’t know what team we will play. Possibly Isiaka at Centre half and Cammy Gill as the target man up front 

Contact Monkfish for injury update

Can't see this game ending well for Arbroath - loss of form , players out injured, no proven strikers, weak bench, few important players have left the club ..........I will take a draw if it's on offer.

Expect Arbroath to bounce back once we have a full squad - in the meantime, a point from this game would be a good outcome.

Got a draw written all over it. Arbroath struggling to score, so they are guaranteed to on Saturday. We can score but can't defend. I'll go for a Desmond (2-2).

Regardless of how pish we've been still looking forward to a wee day out up the coast and a wee pre match blether and pints wi the locals 

1 hour ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Got a draw written all over it. Arbroath struggling to score, so they are guaranteed to on Saturday. We can score but can't defend. I'll go for a Desmond (2-2).

Regardless of how pish we've been still looking forward to a wee day out up the coast and a wee pre match blether and pints wi the locals 

The only way I can see it being a draw is 0-0 or 1-1 at best. We can’t score OR defend so a comfortable victory for Dundee is my prediction.

Obviously hope I’m wrong and things have to start going our way eventually, just can’t see it yet.

Edited by Tattie36

20 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

We either keep a clean sheet and win or we concede and don't. There's no middle ground there.

Although funnily enough, Arbroath are the only side against whom we've conceded and still won.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Gutted all the seats in the stand have sold out: don’t think I’ll have the energy to stand up a full 90 minutes, watching Arbroath right now is literally sucking the life out of my body.

🤣 I know it's been hard work watching us recently but at least it hasn't affected my ability to watch the game standing up.

You're in a bad way bro.

22 minutes ago, keptie said:

🤣 I know it's been hard work watching us recently but at least it hasn't affected my ability to watch the game standing up.

You're in a bad way bro.

It was the QP game that I actually had to take a seat on the corner terracing I didn’t have the energy to stand up and watch it anymore. Briefly stood up when the ball was in and around the QP box but every time I did it just resulted in pure pain and frustration 🤣

The results wouldn’t even be so bad if we had just looked like a competent football team for any period of time. By the end of the QP game we looked like a bunch of guys chasing a balloon about in the wind

Painful stuff 

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It was the QP game that I actually had to take a seat on the corner terracing I didn’t have the energy to stand up and watch it anymore. Briefly stood up when the ball was in and around the QP box but every time I did it just resulted in pure pain and frustration 🤣

The results wouldn’t even be so bad if we had just looked like a competent football team for any period of time. By the end of the QP game we looked like a bunch of guys chasing a balloon about in the wind

Painful stuff 

I know exactly what you mean. It’s not just the results, the performances have been completely insipid. No spark, fight or energy.

I can accept losing games but to lose so meekly is soul destroying. It’s been years since we’ve been so toothless and, well just “nothing”. I can’t go on Saturday and I’m not really fussed. Can’t remember ever feeling like that before, even when we were at the very bottom.

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I know exactly what you mean. It’s not just the results, the performances have been completely insipid. No spark, fight or energy.

I can accept losing games but to lose so meekly is soul destroying. It’s been years since we’ve been so toothless and, well just “nothing”. I can’t go on Saturday and I’m not really fussed. Can’t remember ever feeling like that before, even when we were at the very bottom.

Todd Lumsden days before DC came and then before that the season we were relegated under Sheerin from memory wasn’t too bad I think we still scored quite a lot of goals. Quick check shows 52 goals in 36 (4 games against Rangers) games which isn’t even too bad but we conceded 75!! So that was still quite entertaining