Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian

On 10/10/2022 at 13:53, Leith Green said:

Those issues are not in the same league as the ones encouraged by Rangers and Celtic - in fact, not even the same universe.

You can't have selective sectarianism by claiming it isn't as big a problem as the two cheeks so I'll just play it down. It either happens or it doesn't.

Edited by C4mmy31

8 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

You can't have selective sectarianism by claiming it isn't as big a problem as the two cheeks so I'll just play it down. It either happens or it doesn't.

Anyone within the Hearts support caught singing sectarian songs should be banned from Tynecastle for life.

We hate Ayr - black b*****ds  Is that still a line in the 'We are Killie' song?

Edited by Mr. X

8 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Anyone within the Hearts support caught singing sectarian songs should be banned from Tynecastle for life.

We hate Ayr - black b*****ds  Is that still a line in the 'We are Killie' song?

It is, but it's an accurate description if you take into consideration the meaning of the word 'black' when used in this context in Ayrshire...

Seriously though, I hear very muffled voices at Rugby Park when it comes to that part of the song these days and I don't sing it personally. I doubt it'll be a thing in 5 years or so.

On 10/10/2022 at 14:46, craigkillie said:

I've seen bigotry-adjacent stuff at Tynecastle, and the odd murmuring of that phrase from a certain section in the main stand. It's not the entire stands at Ibrox either - most, but not all of Rangers' dodgy songbook is reserved for away games, and although it does sometimes come out at home games, I would be pretty confident it's not the entire stand.

I'd put Hearts in a very clear third place in terms of this sort of behaviour, they're the only other support I dread getting the train through from Glasgow with.

Not sure if you are watching the Rangers Liverpool match, immediately after Rangers score, Derry's Walls being sung by "not a minority" of every stand.

13 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Not sure if you are watching the Rangers Liverpool match, immediately after Rangers score, Derry's Walls being sung by "not a minority" of every stand.

They’re celebrating their Irish heritage 

You and I may feel that heritage to be backwards and worthless but to these primitive, salt and vinegar munching, savages hating the other sort of nth generation Irish immigrants is crucial to their identity and we should respect that part of their traditions and customs 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

13 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I wasn't watching (sadly), but your original quote which I took issue with was "the entire stand" at Ibrox. I have friends who are season ticket holders, and were probably there last night too, and I would be 99.9999% sure they would not be singing that. There will be many more like them.

Do Rangers have a higher proportion of bigots than Hearts? Of course they do. Do Hearts have a massive problem? Also, yes.

28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I wasn't watching (sadly), but your original quote which I took issue with was "the entire stand" at Ibrox. I have friends who are season ticket holders, and were probably there last night too, and I would be 99.9999% sure they would not be singing that. There will be many more like them.

Do Rangers have a higher proportion of bigots than Hearts? Of course they do. Do Hearts have a massive problem? Also, yes.

So there’s still a chance? Massive is not accurate imo

2 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

So there’s still a chance? Massive is not accurate imo

Massive is clearly not being used literally it's not quantifiable so it's going to be hard to either properly justify or falsify.

But I'll try

I hold it as self evident that people singing songs with taboo words describing Celtic fans in general seems pretty small beer compared to the incidents of racist abuse directed at an actual specific individuals that seem to happen every three years or so.

Thus "sectarianism" isn't even a "massive" problem in the context of Hearts' problems

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

You maybe wanna have listen about 7min 5secs in when it echos round the stadium from 4 stands, no turned down pitch side mics here....

Edited by C4mmy31