11 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Andrew 'Andy' 'Robbo' Robertson

He’ll be back on Sunday against Arsenal. Robertson was one of a number of key players rested along with Salah, Van Dijk and Alexander-Arnold. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/11/2022 at 00:19, aberdeen1970 said:

McGinn starts and completes 90 minutes as Villa earn a good win away to Brighton. 

I guess folk can stop panicking now. Good players will always find their way back into the team. Hopefully the rest did him some good. 

In the form of his life this season.

No surprise this gets far less comments than when he was briefly benched.

Some people love to emphasise bad news and obscure good news, I'm happy to provide a bit of balance.

Now just a 'managers favourite' for three consecutive managers.

A word also for Ryan Christie who has come back into the Bournemouth team since the International break playing 500 minutes (79.4%) for Bournemouth as they have picked up 15 from from 21 available. 

image.thumb.png.80a2970f3c5b076dab16a7b669fb2b3b.png

11 hours ago, Donathan said:

Patterson on for Everton after a nasty looking injury to Seamus Coleman. 

Thought he did OK. With Coleman injured, it really is a lucky dip at RB for Everton in the final few games as Godfrey's terrible but has physical attributes, Holgate isn't a right-back and Patterson isn't really what you'd look for in a relegation battle. 

I didn't actually realise that Godfrey and Holgate were missing so was pleasantly surprised to see Dyche go with Patterson, but I have no idea if that will continue. He didn't necessarily do his chances anh harm last night though. 

Maybe just saying this because he knows he will need Patterson in Everton's remaining games as Seamus Coleman's injury is reportedly quite bad but still good to hear.

I thought Patto (Nathan Patterson) did really well. Not easy to come on into that game at that stage and I thought he did really well, played strong - we know he can play, add energy and he'll be pleased with that and he should be.

Sean Dyche

https://youtu.be/-AaoEu0WTlw?t=36

Patterson was decent, but the full backs are clearly hugely limited in that Everton side. At times when they were breaking, their entire back four was still on the half way line - even when there were great overlapping opportunities. You definitely won’t get the best out of Patterson playing like that - that’s for sure. Whether he’ll change things slightly now he has a RB who can get forward well, is obviously a different matter… 

9 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Coleman's injury was minging btw. Got a legit "oh my god" from me.

Yeah considering the even worse leg break he got years ago I think he will be done now one way or another at EPL level and dare I say worse. If Everton go down a season in the championship for Patterson wouldn't do him much harm though.

Edited by gannonball

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

Yeah considering the even worse leg break he got years ago I think he will be done now one way or another at EPL level and dare I say worse. 

He's been done for about three years now. A liability at that level for years.

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

He's been done for about three years now. A liability at that level for years.

He's not been the same since his first leg break but was probably still there best right back which is why Dyche and the the likes of Ancelotti before him would still pick him. Patterson was obviously purchased to eventually take over from him but still probably a bit naive for that level. Decent chance for Patterson now though.

Coleman was doing alright under Dyche. He was pretty terrible towards the end of last season (I'm sure he played RCB for a chunk of that with Iwobi RWB) which is why Patterson got his chance at the start of this one, but I don't think he was completely done before that injury. 

His all round game is looking fitter and stronger. I suppose it's not an easy situation as you can imagine because of his record in the past and his fitness levels. I had this goal of getting him truly fit but the last bit is 'Premier League fitness', that's a bit that's hard to get and you could clearly see tonight he's getting fitter and stronger and he's running with a more powerful edge to him because we all know he's quick and he's a strong player.

Sean Dyche on Nathan Patterson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfG1xQge43g

It's interesting to hear Dyche talk about a player's development plan, albeit quite vaguely. Game time is the only way that Patterson's gonna improve which is why it's frustrating he's been landed in a relegation battle for two seasons in a row.