Staggies Vs Tarts

Robbie Neilson certainly likes to big Hearts up. In the after match interview he says that if Hearts win their game in hand they will go third. Their game in hand isn't played till the end of December, so brave to be predicting all teams results between now and then.

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

That was a game in which I thought we were probably value for a draw, especially in the second half. However, we were playing against a second string Hearts side that could’ve added to the scoreline later in the game. We’ve got 9 points, and I don’t think we’ve been the “better team” in any single game this season. The two games we have won, we’ve been entirely fortunate. Change is needed otherwise I think we’re going down.

It's strange, County looked very good at Tynecastle on the opening weekend and I thought they'd be pushing for top 6 this season.

Is it just due to lack of goals?

41 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

It's strange, County looked very good at Tynecastle on the opening weekend and I thought they'd be pushing for top 6 this season.

Lack of midfield creativity, lack of a decent striker combined with a general shitness. Back four is settled and functioning, in front of that it’s a bit of a mess. 

Malky had a right go at Dom Samuel toward the end of the match, for not getting into the box for what was one of the last crosses into Hearts’ box. Malky berated Samuel for a good minute or so and quite right, too: Samuel has two goals in over 40 appearances in all competitions for Ross County, one of which was against Highland League opposition.

Dhanda isn’t a world-beater and was giving away the ball at the end from trying too hard, but he’s my favourite County player to watch since Jamie Lindsay. It just feels good to have a bit of hope of a promising attack from watching a midfielder pass into a team-mates path, rather than the rest of the rubbish served up by the midfielders this season. It’s frustrating that it’s taken an injury to Callachan for Dhanda to get into the team.

Harman grew into the game quite well. Loturi’s appearance was encouraging - he had a good early impact with his use of the ball in comparison to Cancola, but then started taking way too many touches. He still has some adjusting but there’s a very good player in the making there. 

Otherwise the same-old not being good enough to score enough. 

That game at Tynecastle was a slight anomaly to be honest. After that game, it came out that Tony Sibbick was fairly under the weather pre match which explained his bomb 30 minutes. Everything positive we had that day came from Owura getting at him as he was clearly not fully fit to play the game. The second half reverted to type as we continued our direct balls forward, eventually getting our goal from a pretty aimless dink. Generally though, I wouldn’t use that opening game as a barometer of County’s ability.

Last season, we were slightly in the mire and eventually ended up climbing the table due to other teams inabilities IMHO. However, there were clear glimpses of a functioning team Pre-Christmas. We were consistently hitting >1 xG per game and looked a threat every time we ventured forward. Now, we look one dimensional every game. We’ve never shrugged a tendency to throw in cheap goals, sometimes several a game.

I think a lot of people, myself included, looked at County’s transfer business and thought “actually, this lot are very interesting”, obviously getting over excited. It turns out that some, probably the majority, of the signings aren’t as good as what we had last season.

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Useless racist etc shite of a manager.

In fairness it was always going to be next to impossible to replace our 3 top scorers from last season but it's hard to imagine doing a worse job. There's been a lot of hoofing the ball up the park in what seems like a rather aimless manner.

Absolutely baffling Dhanda isn't one of the first names on the teamsheet.

9 hours ago, forkboy said:

Useless racist etc shite of a manager.

In fairness it was always going to be next to impossible to replace our 3 top scorers from last season but it's hard to imagine doing a worse job. There's been a lot of hoofing the ball up the park in what seems like a rather aimless manner.

Absolutely baffling Dhanda isn't one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Hearts were linked with Dhanda in the summer. I'm really surprised he isn't playing regularly, based on yesterday at least, he looked to be your best player.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Hearts were linked with Dhanda in the summer. I'm really surprised he isn't playing regularly, based on yesterday at least, he looked to be your best player.

That’s a very low bar. A lot of not very good players in our squad. 

Whoscored.com's definition of a key pass is a final pass leading to a shot from a teammate.

Dhanda made four key passes yesterday. Until yesterday, County hadn't had a player register more than two in a match. Harmon chalked up three himself.

The only non-OF opposition players who have made four or more key passes against County this season have been Snodgrass yesterday (four) and Mcilroy for Kilmarnock (six).

18 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Robbie Neilson certainly likes to big Hearts up. In the after match interview he says that if Hearts win their game in hand they will go third. Their game in hand isn't played till the end of December, so brave to be predicting all teams results between now and then.

True in a pedantic sort of way  but...

Sometimes you've got to back yourself, don't you?

Besides, the league won't even hit the halfway till we face Dundee United three days later on Christmas Eve. Even if that prediction comes back to bite him it's not going to draw blood.

18 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I mean, aye. Is this a surprise to you?