Dunfermline Athletic Vs Clyde 12/11/2022

3 hours ago, Scotchpie said:

Whats so special about Dunfermline that its £20? That might be the clincher not to bother. 🇾🇪

City, one of the best stadiums in the country, just generally a massive football club in all honesty. 

Prices are steep, but there is a crisis in this country, and clubs need to charge adequately to mitigate against it. 20 is probably the cheapest we can reasonably go in all honesty. I dread to think what it’ll be next season once the cost of living crisis truly bites us all on the arse. 

Edited by DAFC.

8 hours ago, sydney said:

£20 for League 1 football is a joke. Just back from Frankfurt where we took in Darmstadt v Hanover at €13 and Mainz v Wolfsburg at €11 and that included train/tram travel. 

Ah, the old “German football comparison” As if we haven’t seen that a trillion times before. 

Next to Zero TV money here, minuscule population in comparison, and without getting too political, the ramifications of a disastrous Tory, Brexit Britain is biting us all right on the arse ergo clubs having to charge a lot more than they would like. 

We've been charging £20 or close to it for years. Don't think it has anything to do with politics. It's just the financial corner the club are in given the market value of player wages. The club don't have enough other income to charge less and still sign the type of players they want/need to be competitive.

It's a shit situation and won't be getting better any time soon. Prices will be going up at some point and I'd be surprised if it isn't next season. For many fans that will be it for them and they won't be back, and can't blame them.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

The big Rovers derby in  April 2011 cost 18 in the main stand, 16 elsewhere, worth  26 and 23 today. 

20 quid today would have been worth just under 14.

There's a mental block of 20 for many it seems. 

That's my stance too, it has to be said although that's been in place for a while. Think it was Dundee charging £22 when we were both in the Championship back in about 2010 that saw me first adopt that, so I guess if we take inflation into account I should probably set a higher limit. There's something about taking a £20 note and not getting change back that never seemed right to me, and although most clubs do online payments, the principle remains the same.

2 hours ago, CM. said:

20 is hardly outrageous anyway considering its near enough that at most other grounds

Not in League One it isn't. I paid £14 I think at Montrose, £16 at Kelty. Clyde charge £17, £16 if you buy online. Maybe in the Championship you'd get away with that but IMO £20 is steep for third tier football.

40 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

£20 isn't a lot of money. 

To you maybe, and to me. It is to some folk though and if you also have kids (particularly older ones) to take with you then it soon adds up. I won't go to the bother of downvoting the comment since I don't really see the point in that sort of thing, but that's a pretty tone deaf thing to say IMO.

17 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not in League One it isn't. I paid £14 I think at Montrose, £16 at Kelty. Clyde charge £17, £16 if you buy online. Maybe in the Championship you'd get away with that but IMO £20 is steep for third tier football.

Airdrie £18, Alloa £18, Falkirk £18, QoS £18, Clyde £17, Kelty £16, Montrose £15. Couldn't find prices for Peterhead or Edinburgh on their website. Maybe not most other grounds then but at some other grounds it's near enough £20. I agree the prices are steep for third tier football, was just pointing out that Dunfermlines prices are hardly outrageous in comparison to elsewhere.

Edited by CM.

Airdrie £18, Alloa £18, Falkirk £18, QoS £18, Clyde £17, Kelty £16, Montrose £15. Couldn't find prices for Peterhead or Edinburgh on their website. Maybe not most other grounds then but at some other grounds it's near enough £20. I agree the prices are steep for third tier football, was just pointing out that Dunfermlines prices are hardly outrageous in comparison to elsewhere.
Edinburgh charging 12.

If you don’t want to pay £20, don’t. It’s honestly as simple as that. Our crowds/ticket sales have been decent. So it hasn’t put off too many people, I don’t think. We haven’t changed our prices from the championship, where £20 was the standard price.

We paid £18 to go to Meadowbank, which was one of the worst match day experiences I’ve ever had. They have since reduced their pricing, I believe. Kelty was £18 for terracing. Decent wee ground, but you’d usually pay extra for a seat, so I’d argue our prices are similar.

I also paid £18 for me and £5 for my 14yr old for Edinburgh which with the poor viewing experience I decided when I was walking out at FT would be my only time, ground ticket off. However under the new £12 and free to school kids, I will go to the next match, hope they get the grey boxes away and allowed into the D by then.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
4 hours ago, CM. said:

Edinburgh charging 12.

Probably because the terracing/fence is close to the airport.