The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

1 hour ago, JustOneCornetto said:

US actress Piper Laurie who starred in Carrie and tv show Twin Peaks dead at 91

https://www.indiewire.com/news/obituary/piper-laurie-dead-1234916783/

Watched the film when it first came out in the old Edinburgh Odeon. I got such a fright at the end that I actually dived over the seats in front of me.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 41 update

Have you all just got really bad at the game this year? I feel as if I'm a lot less busy than usual.

Very much this. One hit last year, none this. And, in case I haven't mentioned, I was runner up, a wee while ago.

8 minutes ago, Eednud said:

And who, like pretty much every other death this year, doesn’t seem to be on peoples teams.

12 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 41 update

Have you all just got really bad at the game this year? I feel as if I'm a lot less busy than usual.

Perhaps @Aim Here can enlighten us, if his excel skills are warmed up, is this a poor year for predictions?

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

And who, like pretty much every other death this year, doesn’t seem to be on peoples teams.

Perhaps @Aim Here can enlighten us, if his excel skills are warmed up, is this a poor year for predictions?

Not particularly.  The numbers are only marginally lower than this point last year, and a fair amount more, in absolute terms, than 2020 and 2021, but that's because there were more players, and hence more picks, in the last couple of years. It wouldn't be out of the question for this to be a record-breaking year, in fact.

Year Hits to 16th Oct Total Picks Hit rate (%) Total per year Hit rate (%)
2020 47 520 9.04 65 12.50
2021 43 578 7.44 60 10.38
2022 58 671 8.64 70 10.43
2023 56 687 8.15    

On 15/10/2023 at 11:52, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 41 update

DP 2022 (first go at it) - nil points.

DP 2023 - 2 hits so far including a solo shot and a captain's bonus.

Strong contender for "Most improved player" at the end of year awards if there were any, these should really be a thing.