St Mirren v Aberdeen 24/12/22 1230 ko

HT 1-1
Plenty of action anyway. Think the best player on the pitch has been Kennedy, smacked the post then scored a cracker a few seconds later. Caused is no end of problems down our left. Should maybe have signed him after all.
We struggled a bit after that but got back into it thanks to a calamity. Stewart looked shaky all game so it was no surprise his mistake led to our goal and him being sent off. Bit of luck with the way the pen bounced in though, good. Should have went ahead with a back post header by Ayunga I think just before half time, well saved. 
Sixty mins against ten men? We will surely go on to win from here… 

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

We started off brilliantly and yet again we are the creation of our own demise. We are such a soft side. There is no excuses for the capitulation of todays result and both loses to the OF this week. Defensively absolutely rotten. Defensive reinforcements are desperately needed in January.

Hardly…passed the ball about the midfield and a decent goal from the boy. Aberdeen are pish, much like the rest outside the top 2…accept it 

7 minutes ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Hardly…passed the ball about the midfield and a decent goal from the boy. Aberdeen are pish, much like the rest outside the top 2…accept it 

Aberdeen were well on top and deservedly ahead. Stewarts provided his best efforts to assist St Mirren today. Definitely a red. However I'd need to see the penalty award again as it initially looked outside the box.

Also Duk went over his ankle after a cynical foul from Erhahon. On this occasion Duk didn't dive.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

7 minutes ago, Lex said:
Sixty mins against ten men? We will surely go on to win from here… 

20 mins against 10 men. 2-0 up. We will surely go on to win from here….. Thought every Motherwell fan last night.

To be fair St Mirren have a more streetwise and sturdy squad v our bottlers. 

3 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I was thinking “double jeopardy” although I’m not sure you could determine it to be an attempt to play the ball.

Just grabs his arm. No attempt to play the ball IMO.

Infuriating as he'd just played a shite pass a minute or so before. He's a fucking clown.

If Milne can't get a game ahead of him then he should be out on loan.

10 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I was thinking “double jeopardy” although I’m not sure you could determine it to be an attempt to play the ball.

I think the initial attempt to play the ball with his foot was fine and outside the box. The red must have been for the very subtle pull on Ayungos left arm which might have been on the 18 yard line. Amazing to see the Buddies are raging at Duk going down easy after watching that be awarded. 

Edited by bpdon