The race to administration.............

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Falkirk have an announced £600,000 budget hole…just saying…

Think you’ve misread the statement, the club are on course to make a 400k operating loss and that’s despite increasing income by 600k in this year. The 400k has since been raised incidentally so there is no immediate panic however the same problem will just arise again in the next financial year should we both fail to gain promotion and chose to sustain the same levels of player spending, something will have to give in those circumstances unless the guys running the club can somehow pull a rabbit out the hat again this time next year. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

What are the consequences of going into administration now from the leagues point of view? Does anybody know the rules? I’m sure the last club it happened to outwith sevco was Dundee and at that time the SFL gave them a 25 point deduction.

Nothing much to worry about tbh, couple of 5ers in a bucket saves the club.

These stories go about every couple of years and they are rarely true. It's normally one chairman that hints at other clubs as well as themselves are struggling, etc. No clubs mentioned and no one goes bust. 

It would be some laugh if it was Ayr though, completely out the blue. New offices and shop as well as a pub built, announce work on a new stand to start in the summer of 2023, get the best performing team on the park for 5 years, it would be a bit of a shock to say the least. 

I strongly doubt any club will even go in to administration never mind bust this season. 

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

What are the consequences of going into administration now from the leagues point of view? Does anybody know the rules? I’m sure the last club it happened to outwith sevco was Dundee and at that time the SFL gave them a 25 point deduction.

15 points that year, or the following year if happens in the closed season…5 points the next year…except, if they’ve done it within the last 5 years, it’s 25 and 15.

Hamilton. Inverness. Raith.

No idea who the fourth club might be... but the OP's suggestion it might be Morton or (f**k me) Arbroath is beyond wild.

The above three could easily find themselves in administration by the end of the year. Not saying that will happen, but dismissing it is just whistling in the dark; the financial/operational dangers at this level of Scottish football are very, very real.

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

These stories go about every couple of years and they are rarely true.  

They're always true. Nearly every club is in some kind of financial distress. Very few are viable businesses without subsidy by benefactors or donations.

I wouldn't like to be owed money by a football club.

9 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

When Dundee got 25 they basically made the rules up as they went along as far as I can remember.  Pretty sure soon after that the punishment became one third of the points tally from the previous season and I think that's what Rangers received.  Didn't realise they changed it again to what TxRover said but that seems to be the case.

19 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Only one football team in the Scottish leagues has gone bust in the past ten years. I wouldn't worry though. I am sure the fans and board of every club will actually do something about it unlike the fans of that dead club.

Thing is, if you bust and come back, are you the same club?

The link on the Begbie side doesn't even link to the report which apparently was published in October. 

Most people and businesses are aware of increased pressures on finances in the current financial climate. 

Seems a bit click-baity from The Herald as the article does not give any specifics.

A football club at this level probably has less turnover than your local Tesco Metro without the profits.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Seems like too many clubs were relying on the blue pound last season.

If your clubs can hold on until next August we’ll probably be back.

^^^ big team found