Hamilton Academical thread

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

I’m going to go against what appears to be the general consensus here and give my commiserations to the Accies fans on here. Relegation sucks and we’ve all been through it… even Cove now.

Didn't like playing you as you seemed to know how to play against Arbroath, even last season when we were beating everyone.

As for the fans - well, every team has a scummy element in their fanbase but I never saw anything other than most of them supporting their small local team in exactly the same way that we all do.  Something that must be even harder for teams like Accies given their location. Their fans in Tutties before the last game of the season seemed like a decent enough bunch to me.

Lastly, you have to admire what they’ve achieved as a club over the last decade so chin up guys and best of luck for next season.

You obviously weren't there when their scum were pelting us wi their shite then, good riddance I say

8 minutes ago, Blablabla said:

You obviously weren't there when their scum were pelting us wi their shite then, good riddance I say

No I wasn’t but I highly doubt that every single one of their fans was involved. The scummy element yes. I’m not sad that they’re down but if you think their fans are bad wait until Airdrie are in town.

15 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

No we finished 6th last season (then, for unnamed reasons, sacked the manager who got us there). 

Oh aye so you did. The meh-ness of last season made it utterly forgettable  so the whole thing slipped my mind.

Ah well. You'll have some fun, win more games than you did last season, and hopefully pip Falkirk to the title (who will in turn contrive to get pumped by QOS in the playoffs).

Enjoy.

4 minutes ago, velo army said:

Ah well. You'll have some fun, win more games than you did last season, and hopefully pip Falkirk to the title (who will in turn contrive to get pumped by QOS in the playoffs).

Bar the Falkirk part this is pretty identical to what we were told when we got relegated from the premiership…

A ‘slow Brechin’ may well be on the cards

I dislike the Accies a fair bit, recent history has developed a rivalry with them - but I won't stick the boot in too much just now. Except for Rankin and Darion Mackinnon - they can absolutely get it clean up them.

I feel for the genuine fan who will be worried about the future of their club. 

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

...A ‘slow Brechin’ may well be on the cards

If what was posted elsewhere earlier is accurate Bonnyrigg Rose have more season ticket holders than Accies. Think the key is accepting that the last decade or two were the club over-performing in a big way and being comfortable with being part-time if that's what finances dictate.

3 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

No I wasn’t but I highly doubt that every single one of their fans was involved. The scummy element yes. I’m not sad that they’re down but if you think their fans are bad wait until Airdrie are in town.

Indeed ,the Sevco Mini-mes ,pound for pound ,out honk the rest of SPFL .

It's not the relegation that is the big issue,but how low will these fcuks in the Boardroom take us that is concerning.

I feel our club may  fold with these chancers running the show  as we have been here before and suffered plenty relegations but this feels different.

We all take the piss out of each other,but no way would I want any other club on here to fold like Third Lanark.

Not knowing what the future holds is the big issue.

36 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

It's not the relegation that is the big issue,but how low will these fcuks in the Boardroom take us that is concerning.

I feel our club may  fold with these chancers running the show  as we have been here before and suffered plenty relegations but this feels different.

We all take the piss out of each other,but no way would I want any other club on here to fold like Third Lanark.

This. We've been there years ago and it wasn't nice. Even recently before community ownership and the dalrada deal we looked to be in a but of bother. Been to a few away games up at Hamilton and like every other club there are a few arseholes in the support. There are also genuine supporters who love their club and go to watch games and support their team.

Regardless it sounds like there's something going on at board level which needs to be sorted. These guys see themselves as untouchable a lot of the time and unfortunately they pretty much are. Wouldn't like to see another club go through the administration process and potentially fold so hopefully it doesn't come to that.

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Really going to miss Hamilton, I remember what McGowan and his cronies attempted to do to us if we didn’t show them respect. 

13 hours ago, diamondman said:

You  can compete with the Grangemouth mob now.  They may bring it up in conversation about crowds but I would not focus much on that.

Good to see your promotion didn’t distract you from the day job of thinking about Falkirk.

13 hours ago, Blablabla said:

Quite right, getting rid of that type of club and replacing them with (checks notes) Airdrie fans. Honestly can’t say I’d consider Accies fans to be any worse than most clubs.  

Don’t worry Accies fans if you get stuck down there Falkirk will keep you company as they seem to have taken up permanent residence in League One.  

The gravy train appears to have ended where Kelty Hearts and Edinburgh City are concerned and I doubt Annan are going to be much of a factor (famous last words) so hopefully that helps avoid a second consecutive relegation if the club goes fully part-time at this point as must surely be necessary from a financial standpoint?

Accies are not Partick Thistle or Dunfermline Athletic in support terms so people need to be realistic on their expectations now that the club is no longer Ronnie MacDonald's plaything. The club did well in recent times because he was unusually astute for a football director rather than because the club had the financial backing from the fans that would usually be necessary to be making regular appearances in the top flight.

A more poorly run Accies is likely to be much the same as a club like Stirling Albion with no sugar daddy behind them and that means anything from desperately attempting to avoid the Club 42 playoff to the occasional jaunt back into the Championship is very much possible in the years ahead.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The gravy train appears to have ended where Kelty Hearts and Edinburgh City are concerned and I doubt Annan are going to be much of a factor (famous last words) so hopefully that helps avoid a second consecutive relegation if the club goes fully part-time at this point as must surely be necessary from a financial standpoint?

Accies are not Partick Thistle or Dunfermline Athletic in support terms so people need to be realistic on their expectations now that the club is no longer Ronnie MacDonald's plaything. The club did well in recent times because he was unusually astute for a football director rather than because the club had the financial backing from the fans that would usually be necessary to be making regular appearances in the top flight.

A more poorly run Accies is likely to be much the same as a club like Stirling Albion with no sugar daddy behind them and that means anything from desperately attempting to avoid the Club 42 playoff to the occasional jaunt back into the Championship is very much possible in the years ahead.

Accies said a couple of weeks ago we would stay full time if we went down but have to say I can't see that happening.

Rankin in paper saying it was pre Xmas form that got us relegated and the players have been great since the turn of the year - one win in the last 11 games 😂😂.