Dunfermline v Falkirk

1 hour ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Poor away ticket sales are not surprising given there's a cost of living crisis and it's just after Christmas.

What Pars fans could do is buy a spare ticket for each of you hard up minks and donate them to Falkirk individuals. However, since you messed up the heritage quarter in our beautiful city centre, you can away and raffle. 

Horrendous language

FFuck know with Pars. We never look great but still seem to come back to draw when behind  or win a game we maybe don't deserve.

The team is full of fight and very good at defending, so clearly not a fluke to be in our position. 

All the pressure is on Falkirk. Think we will go on to win the league whatever happens.

30 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

FFuck know with Pars. We never look great but still seem to come back to draw when behind  or win a game we maybe don't deserve.

The team is full of fight and very good at defending, so clearly not a fluke to be in our position. 

All the pressure is on Falkirk. Think we will go on to win the league whatever happens.

I said a couple of months ago that you would 'shitfest' your way to the title, which seemed to upset some Pars fans at the time. I didn't mean that Dunfermline were shit, just that you had found a way to grind out results. Nothing's happened since to make me change my mind.

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I said a couple of months ago that you would 'shitfest' your way to the title, which seemed to upset some Pars fans at the time. I didn't mean that Dunfermline were shit, just that you had found a way to grind out results. Nothing's happened since to make me change my mind.

Aye. It's not pretty but we're finding results.

I would be lying if I said I couldn't care, because I have grown up through times like the Bert Paton era when we scored goals for fun and were exciting to watch. Admittedly I harp back to those days and nothing has matched it since.

We are where we are and if it means stuffy football to progress then so be it.

3 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Aye. It's not pretty but we're finding results.

I would be lying if I said I couldn't care, because I have grown up through times like the Bert Paton era when we scored goals for fun and were exciting to watch. Admittedly I harp back to those days and nothing has matched it since.

We are where we are and if it means stuffy football to progress then so be it.

After 4 seasons in this hell hole I would love to be in the position you are in. I honestly couldn’t give a shit how Falkirk played if it meant us getting out of this league. A season full of 1 nil victories, playing zero football, not that I’m saying that what the Pars are doing would do me fine. Hate this league and the fact that yourselves apart there are very few away fans and the atmosphere at most games is piss poor.

18 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I can’t remember your post,  I can’t complain about the term shitfesting, indeed I’d almost embrace it,  but I do feel an overall sense that some feel we are playing ‘wrong’ football and that any success is negatively influenced as a result,  I certainly want to kick back against that kinda talk

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

What Pars fans are watching week in week out is in reality, brutal. However McPake is showing a level of managerial competency way above a good few of his predecessors. He has made us hard to beat and makes decisions that win us games. The hope is we make a few astute January signings that will both bolster the squad and obviously improve us. I have personally found this league uninspiring and a slog, Falkirk games apart. Looking forward to the game on the 2nd and I hope we stuff them (bunch of clerts). 

34 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

If the rain continues this game looks unlikely.

Aye I was just out in it there and it was bad with plenty surface water. East End's drainage is pretty good, fingers crossed the weather calms down a bit. Monday is meant to be dry here so hopefully give it a day to dry out before the game on Tuesday. It's been a pretty dreadful set of festive fixtures with all games being played before Christmas then nothing again for us until the 2nd, it this game got canned it would be very disappointing, especially as it would end up going to a Tuesday night or something. FWIW I think the game will go ahead, I've seen roads closed due to flooding in Dunfermline and the game's still went ahead.

19 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye I was just out in it there and it was bad with plenty surface water. East End's drainage is pretty good, fingers crossed the weather calms down a bit. Monday is meant to be dry here so hopefully give it a day to dry out before the game on Tuesday. It's been a pretty dreadful set of festive fixtures with all games being played before Christmas then nothing again for us until the 2nd, it this game got canned it would be very disappointing, especially as it would end up going to a Tuesday night or something. FWIW I think the game will go ahead, I've seen roads closed due to flooding in Dunfermline and the game's still went ahead.

Tuesday?

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I can’t remember your post,  I can’t complain about the term shitfesting, indeed I’d almost embrace it,  but I do feel an overall sense that some feel we are playing ‘wrong’ football and that any success is negatively influenced as a result,  I certainly want to kick back against that kinda talk

3 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

What Pars fans are watching week in week out is in reality, brutal. However McPake is showing a level of managerial competency way above a good few of his predecessors. He has made us hard to beat and makes decisions that win us games. The hope is we make a few astute January signings that will both bolster the squad and obviously improve us. I have personally found this league uninspiring and a slog, Falkirk games apart. Looking forward to the game on the 2nd and I hope we stuff them (bunch of clerts). 

Looking ahead, I suppose what you've got to think of next is that if (and most likely when) you get promoted, will McPake be able to change his style to be able to get you challenging for the Championship? I can't see you being able to replicate results the way that you have down here against largely better teams playing the same way. I don't doubt that you'll bring in better players but, again, will McPake be able to get the best out of them?

It will be interesting to see what happens.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Looking ahead, I suppose what you've got to think of next is that if (and most likely when) you get promoted, will McPake be able to change his style to be able to get you challenging for the Championship? I can't see you being able to replicate results the way that you have down here against largely better teams playing the same way. I don't doubt that you'll bring in better players but, again, will McPake be able to get the best out of them?

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Who apart from Fifers actually gives a f**k about Dunfermline’s prospects should they get promoted?