Dunfermline v Falkirk

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Looking ahead, I suppose what you've got to think of next is that if (and most likely when) you get promoted, will McPake be able to change his style to be able to get you challenging for the Championship? I can't see you being able to replicate results the way that you have down here against largely better teams playing the same way. I don't doubt that you'll bring in better players but, again, will McPake be able to get the best out of them?

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I think it's easier to replicate this style of play, than say if you've got a swashbuckling manner where you're scoring four but conceding three etc. He's shown a nice ability to mix it up, going 442 last week with the change in personal during the game is something we've allot of. It's sometimes a hard watch, but on the balance of xG I reckon we're doing OK. 

On the issue if McPake will be able to get the best out of said players, while Falkirk fans keep referring to being hamstrung with last year's diddys, it seems to be forgotten that McPake has had to use the majority of the squad who were fucking losers last year. 

I don't think he's a perfect manager, but I don't see any reason to worry about the Championship. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Who apart from Fifers actually gives a f**k about Dunfermline’s prospects should they get promoted?

Not many tbh.

In reality it doesn't matter to anybody else but us Pars fans. 

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Tuesday?

My bad, no idea what day it is today let alone what the 2nd will be! 😆

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

There's cars underwater at the Asda and College on Halbeath Road, so if the game does go ahead, I heartily recommend Falkirk fans parking there, cheers. 

The flooding at Asda Halbeath was unbelievable, seen some photos online. The rescue teams ended up having to bring in a dingy.

7 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

We've just announced on social media that Dunfermline are streaming the game within the UK so that may knock a fair bit off now.

Doubt many folk will choose to watch a single camera stream

How does a single camera stream differ that much from watching a game at the stadium? Still one view and if anything having replays, the lack of travel, the ability to have food and drink (including alcohol if you so wish) and it being cheaper (even more so if more than one person is watching the stream) makes it a more appetising proposition than going to the game for some. I couldn't care less how many different angles I got of the game as long as I got to see it tbh. Had worse experiences of both streaming and being at a game live (shite view, bad weather, terrible parking, rubbish food etc) than watching a single camera feed from ParsTV.

28 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

How does a single camera stream differ that much from watching a game at the stadium? Still one view and if anything having replays, the lack of travel, the ability to have food and drink (including alcohol if you so wish) and it being cheaper (even more so if more than one person is watching the stream) makes it a more appetising proposition than going to the game for some. I couldn't care less how many different angles I got of the game as long as I got to see it tbh. Had worse experiences of both streaming and being at a game live (shite view, bad weather, terrible parking, rubbish food etc) than watching a single camera feed from ParsTV.

Imo you would get a better experience watching the game through thick fog than on ParsTV

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Club_Update_-_Ground_Regulations&ID=14141

Glad to see that the fannies who, despite repeated warning, continued to chuck stuff on the pitch have been banned. Hopefully it cuts that nonsense out.

Not so confident that the performative, attention seeking bandwagon pitch invasions will cease though, but hope that the statement in the link above will deter them.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Club_Update_-_Ground_Regulations&ID=14141

Glad to see that the fannies who, despite repeated warning, continued to chuck stuff on the pitch have been banned. Hopefully it cuts that nonsense out.

Not so confident that the performative, attention seeking bandwagon pitch invasions will cease though, but hope that the statement in the link above will deter them.

11 year old with a football banning order really is ridiculous, swear the parents must think the football is like a crèche for their weans.