Queens Park ⚪️⚫️ Vs Partick Thistle 🟡🔴

Shame there isn't a game until a week on Monday.

QP have been a bogey team for us this season.  Edged the first visit to Ochilview in the league and walloped us at Firhill 4-0. 

Back to Ochilview is a pain but it is what it is. Tighter park may curtail the revival of Aidan Fitzpatrick but we have a few players looking on form and should have Holt and Docherty available. 

Time to see if we can move back up the table. A tough task but one we can win. 

58 minutes ago, ptfc. 22 said:

Regarding the cb situation, brownlie was very good since the start of our recent run, maybe start him again? Or is holt too good to keep out? 

I think Brownlie has been good so Holt may have to bide his time for a change in formation or if someone picks up a knock. 

11 hours ago, jagfox said:

QP have been a bogey team for us this season. 

Bogey team = better team I fear.

We've been better but Arbroath, Ayr and Inverness were weak opponents. Cove away didn't seem great.

QP are proper challengers  - will be tough 

9 minutes ago, 9queens said:

Bogey team = better team I fear.

We've been better but Arbroath, Ayr and Inverness were weak opponents. Cove away didn't seem great.

QP are proper challengers  - will be tough 

The game at Firhill was a weird one. They started better for 10 mins, then we took over. Aero missed the penalty, they scored almost right away and it was one way traffic after that.

Huge game i feel for both teams. Win this and we go 6 points clear of thistle with a game in hand. With Ayr playing Morton also, there’s guaranteed points being dropped in those top 4 positions. We’ve won our last 6 games and only lost 1 in our last 10 so I’m always confident that we can pick up 3 points with this team. We’ve been outstanding the last couple months and not only are we beating teams, we’re absolutely battering them now. 

Thistle seemed to have rediscovered their early season form a bit now and I fully expect them to be right up there come the end of the season still. They’ve got goalscorers and they’re priceless at this level especially. 

Will be a tough game but I think the momentum we have just now will carry us through. 2-1 QP 

53 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Huge game i feel for both teams. Win this and we go 6 points clear of thistle with a game in hand. With Ayr playing Morton also, there’s guaranteed points being dropped in those top 4 positions. We’ve won our last 6 games and only lost 1 in our last 10 so I’m always confident that we can pick up 3 points with this team. We’ve been outstanding the last couple months and not only are we beating teams, we’re absolutely battering them now. 

Thistle seemed to have rediscovered their early season form a bit now and I fully expect them to be right up there come the end of the season still. They’ve got goalscorers and they’re priceless at this level especially. 

Will be a tough game but I think the momentum we have just now will carry us through. 2-1 QP 

Apart from our opening day win at Dundee, I don’t think we have picked  up any kind of result of note away from home. 

Was at the Thistle v Ayr game and thought Thistle were very good. Obviously continued that against Inverness. At the same time, we were outstanding at Arbroath and can’t seem to stop scoring. Reckon this’ll be a very tight game with a few goals. 

I sincerely hope that Tommy Robson has massively overdone it at Christmas and New Years and is in no condition to play any part here.

The fact that a guy who was largely an abysmal player for us has now become a more than competent left back in our division is infuriating. 

36 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I sincerely hope that Tommy Robson has massively overdone it at Christmas and New Years and is in no condition to play any part here.

The fact that a guy who was largely an abysmal player for us has now become a more than competent left back in our division is infuriating. 

He really has matured into an excellent left back nowadays. Of course he’s scored twice against thistle but he really is mr consistent in the team. Never misses a game, great going forward and the biggest thing for me is that his defensive game has improved a ridiculous amount. There was a spell last season where he looked very lost defensively but once Ellis got the sack, he’s just never had a bad game since. 

Best thing for him after leaving thistle was probably dropping a couple divisions so he get used to winning games again and getting some confidence as it seems he struggled a fair bit at yourselves and Falkirk, experiencing consecutive relegations

38 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Robson’s never been bad for us, but I thought we would definitely need an upgrade on him for this season but he’s been excellent. 

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

image.jpeg.97dc235eee65f0cb73b5eb7c39773e6a.jpeg