Queens Park ⚪️⚫️ Vs Partick Thistle 🟡🔴

That was very cold. Fair play to Queens Park, took their chances and probably deserved it. Wasn't an awful lot between the sides but Partick just didn't make the right decisions / didn't have the break of it in the final third. Decent Thistle support, although most were very very angry people. 

There's a lot of twists and turns to come before the end of the season, it's anyone's call. 

If you said to me this time last year Lee Kilday would be having one of the games of his life to put us top of the Championship I’d have questioned your sanity.

He’s done so, so well this year and today was no different. Thistle are a good side but yet again Queen’s players stepping up in big moments. Fair play to Coyle’s subs too. Great from Jarrett and continues his good form whenever he gets the chance. 

Despite two beautiful goals, both featuring Tommy Robson in case Thistle fans missed that, all the praise must go to our defence today. Thistle’s midfield pressed us very hard and our two creative midfielders, Thomson and Boateng, both were preoccupied with tackling rather than their normal gifted passing. This created a lot of pressure on the back line but regardless of what direction the ball came from all our defenders applied themselves excellently, including the goalie. Robson gained extra marks for his forward play and defence splitting passes. Overall though, we are an absolute unit at the back and the Fox/Kilday partnership has to be the biggest shift in the team’s performance over the last 2 months. Credit to Coyle for keeping that partnership going.

Not having read a newspaper in years I don’t know if match reports still have marks out of 10 for players. Nines and tens used to be rare. If they still do that, I reckon Lee Kilday is about a Twelve tonight.

Top of the league🤭 I’m away to tuck my unicorn into bed 🌈

Can't argue with the result. Queens Park started brightly and their forwards were carrying the ball into the final third and indeed the Thistle box with ease and grabbed  the opener.

Was mostly Thistle and looked decent in patches but Ferrie only had one good save and Hodson rattled the woodwork early in the second half.

We huffed and puffed but it was QP who blew out the lights of the contest with a nice goal on the break..

Big win for the home(from hone) team and we are looking at the playoffs rather than the title but perhaps more twists and turns to come.

Usual shambles at the turnstiles and it took about half an hour to get a pie apparently.

On a slightly more serious note I headed down the stairs at the back of the shed and went on my c**t on black ice. Luckily just burst my arm a wee bit and nothing broken but you'd think they'd have at least scattered some grit on them? Hopefully everyone else got out without mishap.

TL;DR Well done to QP on another deserved victory. Our away form leaves a lot to be desired.

34 minutes ago, Stan Butler Says said:

I trust Queens Park will be disciplining their number 5 Fox for spitting at the Partick Thistle support near the end. 

Was the supporter in the middle of the park or in the changing room? How far you willing to take this pish?

37 minutes ago, Stan Butler Says said:

I trust Queens Park will be disciplining their number 5 Fox for spitting at the Partick Thistle support near the end. 

Thought the Thistle fans were excellent today. Good numbers and some of the most polite chants in football. “You don’t know what you’re doing”. Eh? Whatever happened to “the referee’s a w****r”? Both subjective of course but the latter more difficult to prove. Good guys!

Ochilview is possibly the worst place I've ever watched a football match.

Queue stretching hundreds of yards to get let in, ten minutes late. A pie queue joined half an hour into the game and not getting served until the game's been going for an hour.

This is the sort of hosting behaviour that should lead to a lifetime ban.

3 hours ago, Midlife Crisis said:

Okay - so less than 4 points from those two games and then you’ll change your mind about keeping him as manager?

Not sure a change of manager now would make a significant difference to this season's outcome for us. I think McCall has saved his skin with the results from the Kelty Hearts game onwards. He'll get this season and next; this could be his last managerial job, although he could go to someone like QoS again. Took us 7 seasons to get promoted out of this level last time.

Edited by milhouse

18 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Not sure a change of manager now would make a significant difference to this season's outcome for us. I think McCall has saved his skin with the results from the Kelty Hearts game onwards. He'll get this season and next; this could be his last managerial job, although he could go to someone like QoS again. Took us 7 seasons to get promoted out of this level last time.

McCall has as long as he likes. The chanting at games and social media posts by fans tells you all you need to know. Cushiest job in Scottish Football.

Fair play to QP who weathered the storm just after HT to complete a comfortable victory. Yet again it wasn’t surprising to see an Ian McCall team wilt under the pressure of being expected to get a result in a league game.

Special shout out to the utterly appalling set up at Ochilview who were nowhere near ready to accommodate that number of away fans. Catering and toilet queues were embarrassingly long pretty much all day. The sooner QP are back in the south side where they belong instead of playing in these shitholes in the middle of nowhere, the better for everyone.

17 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Really important 3 points against a good side, but the most encouraging for me is the defence looks organised now. Great game from Kilday, and what a tackle from Davidson!

Fox and Kilday ran the show, top class performance from the pair of them