Pie and Bovril is 20!

Been on this forum under various names since the start I think, went to the fives a couple of times too which were good days out. Met Fudge, the Dumbarton ball boy (shakehands i think he was called), both were sound guys and a few other posters, also know a few posters in real life. 

Supras used to go on as if Balotelli was the second coming of christ and would then deny that he would which was hilarious. The Leigh Griffiths thread and that boys holiday to Strathclyde Park were my highlights. Remember sitting at work one day bored as f**k and crying with laughter when Joe Calzaghe decided it would be wise to play connect 4 with Jocky Scotts cat.

Edit : The Clyde fan who was utterly obsessed with Roumald Bouadji was hilarious too. I'm sure he rocked up at the P&B fives with Armand One.

Edited by KD1711

On 06/02/2023 at 06:01, effeffsee_the2nd said:

After 10 years on here there is not a single other member I've knowingly met in real life that I could put a face to,  Which has got me wondering how many times I've unknowingly interacted with another P&Ber in real life? since I don't tend to bring up the forum in normal conversation, well ever At football matches is the most likely but I'm not counting that. 

My brother was travelling in Australia and it ended up that the guy he was working alongside was a regular poster on the same thread (Latino Lover) my brother would post in. Small world!

I've been here for 18 years, haven't changed my name in all that time. Knew a couple of the original Airdrie posters IRL who have long stopped posting. Have only met one other poster from the site, a Clyde fan who made an absolute drunken tit of himself and had to issue a pm apology the next day. Unsurprisingly it was the only time I met him.

9 hours ago, KD1711 said:

Edit : The Clyde fan who was utterly obsessed with Roumald Bouadji was hilarious too. I'm sure he rocked up at the P&B fives with Armand One.

Clyde Kid. To be fair to him, he WAS literally a wean during all the Bouadji stuff.

I know that the name should be a bit of a giveaway but I remember seeing this sheepish wee guy at maybe the first fives who was about 13 and looked about 10 sitting in the corner in the bar and I loudly but totally sincerely said to the folk I was standing with 'Oh cool, that's nice, did one of you bring your son with you for a day out?' and Adam Wee was like, 'No mate, that's Clyde Kid'. :lol: 

• djchapsticks changed the title to Pie and Bovril is 20!
9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Clyde Kid. To be fair to him, he WAS literally a wean during all the Bouadji stuff.

I know that the name should be a bit of a giveaway but I remember seeing this sheepish wee guy at maybe the first fives who was about 13 and looked about 10 sitting in the corner in the bar and I loudly but totally sincerely said to the folk I was standing with 'Oh cool, that's nice, did one of you bring your son with you for a day out?' and Adam Wee was like, 'No mate, that's Clyde Kid'. :lol: 

Yeah I remember that, tbf when I joined this forum originally I remember causing uproar on a Hamilton Accies vs Airdrie thread, I was 13 at the time and they charged me for a full price adult as I had no ID and folk on the thread were caning me saying that I was lying and pretending I was 13 😂

Some proper sound folk on this forum and also some proper weirdos (can remember thinking Kilt was a bizarre individual). Just like in real life I suppose. 

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Of course Clyde Kid and simonlichtie had that incredible MSN chat where one was offering the other sex advice. "Just get inside and shake it up and down" or something along those lines :lol:

Joined 10 years ago today (Scottish time), yesterday my time. Had been lurking for a few years and actually thought I’d signed up before but no. PnB was part of my Sunday morning routine, check the scores, read the reports on BBC, listen to the manager’s comments then over to PnB to catch up and usually be guaranteed a good laugh, especially the East of Scotland League section where there was always some good banter going on. The Sunday routine eventually led to an almost then daily routine. Not so many belly laughs nowadays but it’s usually the first site I log into after checking overnight results. Look forward to the 20th anniversary.

• 3 weeks later...