Caley v Cove

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

I didn't attend the game so the result came as a surprise after our last outing, well done to the team and hopefully they can keep this up.

Time to maybe stop moaning so much then and actually get behind the team by attending the game. 

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Should be enough today for the happy clappers to want BD to get a contract extension I guess.

Surprising the winning margin but doesn't change my opinion on the club hierarchy.

I think if we’d sacked Dodds during last seasons winless run it would’ve been absolutely justified. However, we didn’t and with hindsight I believe that was the correct call based on the good run we went on in the league, then the plays offs, then the cup group stages this season and a decent opening to this seasons league campaign. It’s just my opinion but I think the lineups we’ve been putting out due to injuries in recent times isn’t good enough to win many matches and our form is almost entirely linked to the injuries, I’m really not sure another manager would do much better with some of those players. Whether it’s Dodds or another manager in charge I do think consistent better results will return once the injured players do.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Should be enough today for the happy clappers to want BD to get a contract extension I guess.

Surprising the winning margin but doesn't change my opinion on the club hierarchy.

News of your verdict on events has unfortunately reached those concerned and it has fairly put a damper on festivities.

The players, staff, directors, attending fans and the wider community are rightly devastated that they don't have the buy in from an anonymous random on the internet.

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

News of your verdict on events has unfortunately reached those concerned and it has fairly put a damper on festivities.

The players, staff, directors, attending fans and the wider community are rightly devastated that they don't have the buy in from an anonymous random on the internet.

And so they should as its all the 'randoms' like myself who pays into the club they should be concerned about any dissent that may reduce future footfall, investment and therefore budgeting.

12 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

And so they should as its all the 'randoms' like myself who pays into the club they should be concerned about any dissent that may reduce future footfall, investment and therefore budgeting.

Charlie-Nicholas.jpg

40 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I think if we’d sacked Dodds during last seasons winless run it would’ve been absolutely justified. However, we didn’t and with hindsight I believe that was the correct call based on the good run we went on in the league, then the plays offs, then the cup group stages this season and a decent opening to this seasons league campaign. It’s just my opinion but I think the lineups we’ve been putting out due to injuries in recent times isn’t good enough to win many matches and our form is almost entirely linked to the injuries, I’m really not sure another manager would do much better with some of those players. Whether it’s Dodds or another manager in charge I do think consistent better results will return once the injured players do.

You've fairly enraged @Highland Capitalwith your communication and I rather think that on balance this most likely marks out the content of your post as entirely reasonable.

I didn’t think there was great deal in it today until we took the lead, cove were slightly more comfortable on the ball and had their threat from set pieces imo but once we went in front it was almost complete one way traffic barring a couple good saves from Ridgers who performed well after his spell on the sidelines. I was very impressed with Henderson who’s crossing was exceptional and based only on todays showing looks a very good player at this level. Also is this the end for Oakley? Unless he’s carrying a knock I’m guessing he’s one of those players deemed as not good enough by BD.

50 minutes ago, sophia said:

Charlie-Nicholas.jpg

Resorting to memes and silly childish pics when your opinions have been owned and made to look like a proper clown. How intelligent a way to react.

Really have been disappointed by your recent contributions, either its just the festive drink or you've run out of steam and needing a wee break to recharge and develop some new retoric.

Definitely a case of can do better or try harder.

21 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I didn’t think there was great deal in it today until we took the lead, cove were slightly more comfortable on the ball and had their threat from set pieces imo but once we went in front it was almost complete one way traffic barring a couple good saves from Ridgers who performed well after his spell on the sidelines. I was very impressed with Henderson who’s crossing was exceptional and based only on todays showing looks a very good player at this level. Also is this the end for Oakley? Unless he’s carrying a knock I’m guessing he’s one of those players deemed as not good enough by BD.

A fair assessment of the game, after the first (scrappy) half hour you would not have predicted one side running away with it, least of all us on current form. 

Re. Oakley, yes I reckon he's had a fair shot in recent weeks and doesn't offer much, either up on his own or paired with someone. 

I thought Henderson showed some decent touches today, but will he be any better than a vastly improving  Shaw has been recently - time will tell. Another one who has vanished, presumably injured? 

8 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Resorting to memes and silly childish pics when your opinions have been owned and made to look like a proper clown. How intelligent a way to react.

Really have been disappointed by your recent contributions, either its just the festive drink or you've run out of steam and needing a wee break to recharge and develop some new retoric.

Definitely a case of can do better or try harder.

Sad Baby GIF

1 minute ago, DonnieMurdo said:

A fair assessment of the game, after the first (scrappy) half hour you would not have predicted one side running away with it, least of all us on current form. 

Re. Oakley, yes I reckon he's had a fair shot in recent weeks and doesn't offer much, either up on his own or paired with someone. 

I thought Henderson showed some decent touches today, but will he be any better than a vastly improving  Shaw has been recently - time will tell. Another one who has vanished, presumably injured? 

Hopefully if shaw is injured it’s not something long term, liked the look of him initially but by September/October he seemed to be completely devoid of confidence and ideas and frankly was written off by some (myself included at times) but after a few goals I agree he came back onto a good game and was standing out in some matches prior to disappearing  

Henderson, Mackay, Mckay and Delaney were all good.  Doran showed a few flashes of his old self and probably deserved a goal.  We look a lot more secure with Ridgers back in and Devine returning from his 'injury' *Harry Hill side-look to camera*.   Thought the number 7 for Cove looked really good until he got injured and Cove seemed to collapse after that.  Let's see how we get in when we play some proper teams in the weeks ahead before declaring that everything is rosy in the garden once more.

Edited by Highland Capital

14 minutes ago, Munoz said:

How was Henderson today ?

A thoroughly decent start.

Good control and one very good cross in particular that deserved a finish.

He should be happy with his contribution.

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

declaring that everything is rosy in the garden once more.

Who did and what is there to be gained in being so determinedly miserable?

2 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

Henderson will be a very good player for you. He's been unlucky not to feature more for us, but he's been unlucky as we don't really play with wingers.