Accies vs Raith, 2/1/23…

I reckon this'll be quite season defining, for us.

If we win, it'll confirm what I think most people have suspected all along. We're not good enough to make the playoffs at one end, but too good to drop into them at the other. We'll still drop daft points before the end of the season, but we're difficult enough to beat that we won't be overtaken by three of Caley, Cove, Arbroath and Hamilton.

Lose this, though, and I think we're looking over our shoulders. With respect, if you're losing to this Hamilton side you can lose to anyone at any time and I think nerves might start to set in, really dialling up the importance of Murray's January business. 

I suspect we will win, in our now customary fashion of working much harder than we should have to, to finally carve out a goal or two. If MacDonald is still out then there's a sense of jeopardy at the back that wasn't there previously, but we should still have enough quality in defence and midfield to control the game. 

2 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

If MacDonald is still out then there's a sense of jeopardy at the back that wasn't there previously, but we should still have enough quality in defence and midfield to control the game. 

Given what IM said about needing more than an Emergency Loan, I suspect JMac’s shoulder is considerably worse than we all thought. His comments suggested, to me, JMac might be out till mid-Jan plus…and he really didn’t address Thomson’s possible return.

Got a bad feeling about this one. I can see the game petering out at 0-0, us consoling ourselves that the bottom two haven't gained on us, then Zanatta scoring the winner in injury time, dragging us right into the mire.

Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Specky Ginger

2 hours ago, liam_barnett said:

Thanks but why is there no link to that on the Accies website? Was I on the right website?

Edit: I see it is. Just not in the ticketing bit.

Edited by Scary Bear

Game day and still only on one page. Safe to say there's a fair amount of apathy around this game.

Despite the rather ridiculous price of £10 for my 7yo I'm still going to this today. 

Hopefully, Accies are as bad as the fans say they are and we can get 2023 off to a good start with a win.