Hearts v Hibs

On 29/12/2022 at 11:27, SEETHING said:

Home win, as the inevitable stroll to 3rd continues.

Is Harry McKirdy Hibs' David Vanecek? Hyped up for ages (largely done by the player themselves), turned out to be absolute mince.

You dopes could learn a thing or two from this guy. 

Hibs are simply not very good.  Continuing to play Joe Newell as a playmaker and somehow expecting not to be shite seems like a strange strategy.

We had the game won at half time, though I'd have liked us not to be so pish in the 2nd half.  Hats off Atkinson for somehow being the worst player out there

Just saw the highlights (goals). That Fish guy gets a lot of grief, but in all fairness to him, a team mate before him busts a gut to keep the ball in and put him into trouble.

And Marshall, clearly remembering the horrors of Patrick Shick was so far back on his line?!

2nd half absolute piss poor, imagine if hibs scored all their chances.... Atkinson and Forest once they came on were completely shite, hopefully we're not running with those two as our wings backs the next few games.

22 minutes ago, Navallion said:

2nd half absolute piss poor, imagine if hibs scored all their chances.... Atkinson and Forest once they came on were completely shite, hopefully we're not running with those two as our wings backs the next few games.

Cares? We just won 3 zip. 

24 minutes ago, Navallion said:

Given that our defence has been severly weakened in recent weeks and having had two substitutions forced on us today, the second half wasn't too bad. Hibs huffed and puffed but their best chance, the Clark saved, was flagged offside.

Transfer window to solve most of our defensive issues hopefully, plus Kinsley back next game.

I've watched that third goal loads of times and it still makes no sense whatsoever. What are the defenders doing? What the f**k is Marshall doing? Humphrys just has to run about 40 yards in a straight line and tap it in on the penalty spot with his first touch. Laughable stuff. :lol:

Fish was outworked by Devlin who deserves more praise than Fish deserves scorn. Youan beaten by an absolutely textbook tackle by Sibbick. You get folk saying "if that goal was scored in Serie A" etc etc, but if Maldini had made that tackle he'd stick a photo of it on his mantelpiece.

I've got f**k all to tell you about Hanlon and Stevenson but, so fair play :lol:

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

I've watched that third goal loads of times and it still makes no sense whatsoever. What are the defenders doing? What the f**k is Marshall doing? Humphrys just has to run about 40 yards in a straight line and tap it in on the penalty spot with his first touch. Laughable stuff. :lol:

Marshall  starts by shuffling to his righ as if he’s expecting a rushed back pass and then readjusts in horror when he realises that Humphrys is going to win the race

whether that’s Stevenson and Hanlon’s fault for being slow or Marshall’s fault for expecting better of them is the question here and I’ve not seen enough of Hibs defence to know whether that was predictable 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Marshall  starts by shuffling to his righ as if he’s expecting a rushed back pass and then readjusts in horror when he realises that Humphrys is going to win the race

whether that’s Stevenson and Hanlon’s fault for being slow or Marshall’s fault for expecting better of them is the question here and I’ve not seen enough of Hibs defence to know whether that was predictable 

Not watched it back since seeing it live. My default position would be to blame Hanlon and Stevenson though. They are both utter utter shite, and even if they are not to blame this time, they will be in the next couple of games.

5 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Not watched it back since seeing it live. My default position would be to blame Hanlon and Stevenson though. They are both utter utter shite, and even if they are not to blame this time, they will be in the next couple of games.

If it's anything to do with positioning in relation to the goal line, Marshall has to carry the can. Yes, I'm still bitter about the euros....