Insecurity FC v The Champions (2nd January 2023)

2 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

What was the script with the minutes silence? Did I hear some shouts from the Celtic end about Frank McGarvey or am I imagining that?

It’s not worth going into it 

6 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Beale already getting it in the neck and being called a coward for bringing on Wright and Sands instead of being more positive.

How much glitter can Beale throw on a jobbie?

They were the wrong subs, in my opinion. Sakala was roasting Juranovic on the right so to move him centrally was baffling and limited our ability to get up the park.

Even if you did want to go more defensive to try and see the game out (which I have no real issues with) you still need someone to be able to bring the ball out and get forward. That, for me, would’ve been Arfield. That way, we might not have dropped back so much and could’ve kept the ability to threaten.

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

Even if you did want to go more defensive to try and see the game out (which I have no real issues with) you still need someone to be able to bring the ball out and get forward. That, for me, would’ve been Arfield. That way, we might not have dropped back so much and could’ve kept the ability to threaten.

Everyone in that stadium knew we were gonna score late on yesterday, he should’ve went for a third.  

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Everyone in that stadium knew we were gonna score late on yesterday, he should’ve went for a third.  

In fairness, I don’t think Celtic really looked threatening until we made our subs. I’m guessing he thought we could see it out but I feel like we just dropped too deep.

As soon as Wright replaced Morelos it was clear Celtic would equalise.

Not because of anything tactical, just because narrative.

Near the end Sands had the ball on the edge of the celtic box and with plenty of space decided not to pass or shoot, I nearly lost my voice shouting at him to do something.  

Last season our fitness was remarkable,  despite numerous 120 minute games we never seemed to tire. This season our fitness is terrible,  something that needs sorted.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Near the end Sands had the ball on the edge of the celtic box and with plenty of space decided not to pass or shoot, I nearly lost my voice shouting at him to do something.  

Last season our fitness was remarkable,  despite numerous 120 minute games we never seemed to tire. This season our fitness is terrible,  something that needs sorted.

It’s a byproduct of Gio’s training. Ball work mainly with little intensity. You’d hope Beale will sort it as our fitness was a strong point when he was there under Gerrard.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s a byproduct of Gio’s training. Ball work mainly with little intensity. You’d hope Beale will sort it as our fitness was a strong point when he was there under Gerrard.

I wonder if that's why we've had so many injuries this season.