Insecurity FC v The Champions (2nd January 2023)

Just now, kingjoey said:

His foot was taken away because he stood on Starfelt's moving foot. It's really not difficult to see or understand. 

Which is why it's clearly a penalty. Why was Starlfelts foot in a position for Sakalas foot to be "taken away".

It's easily one of the most clear cut penalties in Britain this weekend.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Which is why it's clearly a penalty. Why was Starlfelts foot in a position for Sakalas foot to be "taken away".

Absolute stonewaller, imho. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It’s like dancing with your weans feet on yours at a perty. Basically Sakala is a fucking toddler.

I'm in a small (but correct) minority with @kingjoey on this one. Sakala instigated the contact, not Starfelt.

If Sakala had stepped onto the defender's knee instead, a metre off the ground, rather than stood on his foot, only for Starfelt's knee to slide away, are you seriously saying Starfelt should be penalised?

Starfelt didn't cause the contact that resulted in Sakala hitting the deck; Sakala did.

Blaming Starfelt is like blaming Rory McKenzie for headbutting Ethan Erhahon's elbow in another weekend game.

Starfelt's schoolboy error was giving a well-known Ibrox-leaning official a clear and obvious opportunity to wrongly award his heroes a penalty. 

Sakala didn't plant his foot correctly because Starfelt's foot was in the place he wanted to plant it. Instead, he stood on Starfelt's foot. Simple as that really. Are you seriously trying to tell me that Starfelt should have chosen a different place to stand in order not to inconvenience Sakala, who had some kind of priority despite arriving second?

4 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Sakala didn't plant his foot correctly because Starfelt's foot was in the place he wanted to plant it. Instead, he stood on Starfelt's foot. Simple as that really. Are you seriously trying to tell me that Starfelt should have chosen a different place to stand in order not to inconvenience Sakala, who had some kind of priority despite arriving second?

I suggest you watch it back. Starfelt makes contact with Sakala’s boot before he is able to plant it on the ground, sweeping it from the side.

4 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Are you seriously trying to tell me that Starfelt should have chosen a different place to stand in order not to inconvenience Sakala, who had some kind of priority despite arriving second?

Only problem is that he was infact flying into a badly timed slide tackle, not standing...

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone who thinks its not a penalty genuinely must never have watched a game of football before in their life.

That is simply your subjective opinion, not an indisputable fact. Opinions are like arseholes - everybody's got one, and I fully support your right to hold the wrong opinion.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

celtic never won a game so this rumble on and on for the next few weeks. 

Personally, I'd be happy seeing the stadiums of both arse cheeks closed down for their fans' behaviour so it's nothing to do with Celtic not winning. Nice try though.

Edited by Squonk

2 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Personally, I'd be happy seeing the stadiums of both arse cheeks closed down for their fans' behaviour so it's nothing to do with Celtic not winning. Nice try though.

Never said anything about you, that looks like you've got a guilty conscience.