Insecurity FC v The Champions (2nd January 2023)

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Every other clubs fans in the country enjoy their football these days happy that Oldco died except for Celtic fans who have this massive inferiority complex towards Rangers. It’s sad to see at times, enjoy your football.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

35 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That’s not the debate though is it? I know you have an agenda to push but try at least stick to the point being debated

I thought I was.  I thought we were discussing consistency and fairness.

Why on earth would I wish to confine my consideration of such matters to your narrow, artificial and essentially dishonest terms?  You might as well say we can only discuss incidents that fall in the 16th minute of a given match.

I know you don't like it when I do this, because you're reluctant to think about it.

I'll say again though, that you've little interest in actual fairness.  You want this pretend version where massive injustice isn't just tolerated, but is instead wildly embraced.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I thought I was.  I thought we were discussing consistency and fairness.

Why on earth would I wish to confine my consideration of such matters to your narrow, artificial and essentially dishonest terms?  You might as well say we can only discuss incidents that fall in the 16th minute of a given match.

I know you don't like it when I do this, because you're reluctant to think about it.

I'll say again though, that you've little interest in actual fairness.  You want this pretend version where massive injustice isn't just tolerated, but is instead wildly embraced.

No we were talking about the laws of the game mate and how those are applied consistently and fairly specifically the handball laws.

I thought that was plainly obvious considering the pages of posts about it. How do we make it clearer for you? A paint by numbers perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No we were talking about the laws of the game mate and how those are applied consistently and fairly specifically the handball laws.

I thought that was plainly obvious considering the pages of posts about it. How do we make it clearer for you? A paint by numbers perhaps?

The funny part is that you think you've got something to explain to me that I don't get.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The irony of someone with such a childishly serving take on sport, coming out with this stuff is a delight.

Crayons it is, do you have a favourite colour? 

Edited by Jinky67

28 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They're actually very simple.

True, bewildering probably wasn’t the correct word. But it is certainly curious why they allow themselves to believe this stuff. 

I suspect it’s to make the pursuit of yet another league title moderately interesting. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

True, bewildering probably wasn’t the correct word. But it is certainly curious why they allow themselves to believe this stuff. 

I suspect it’s to make the pursuit of yet another league title moderately interesting. 

Tell me, what is it you think I believe regarding the topic in question?

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think that's probably right.

It strikes you and me as weird, but there are lots like him. 

He's just never, ever focused on the fact that it's actually absurd, that we try to make teams observe the same rules on the field in the name of fairness, while allowing conditions off the field to skew things to a ludicrous degree.

I find it comical that he thinks it's us who lack understanding.

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think that's probably right.

It strikes you and me as weird, but there are lots like him. 

He's just never, ever focused on the fact that it's actually absurd, that we try to make teams observe the same rules on the field in the name of fairness, while allowing conditions off the field to skew things to a ludicrous degree.

I find it comical that he thinks it's us who lack understanding.

And what is it we do off the field that breaks any sort or rules or laws pertaining to fairness or that doesn’t apply to anyone else?

Edited by Jinky67