Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

I wonder how much of this is actually our fault. I mean, most of it, but maybe not quite all of it?

The pitch already being screwed is clearly our fault, from the groundsman situation and sharing with Sevco B. I don’t really see that calling an early inspection would’ve made a difference, though. We were a few mins late to tweet it, but I don’t think that’s the biggest crime ever. The optics are fucking horrific, though. Even more so than the phrase ‘optics’.

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Ah, Jimmy85. He's a massive WUM. 

He's also a top bloke.

8 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Screenshot_20230411-200037.thumb.jpg.5a8b5a65af53afe5ce14d20e3fef9649.jpg

The most accurate tweet about the whole incident 

FS what have I done? I've only just got back in the house.

1 hour ago, Greenmachine said:

There is no such thing as “Juniors”

Gemmell was at Cambuslang ffs and any Darvel player would walk into your team.

Which tends to happen when you have businessmen throwing money at a team. Darvel couldn't survive on the money they earn legitimately.

Ffs. I didn't think it looked promising when I arrived tbh at about 7.10.

Weather happens and pitches get wet....

But to have no plan, no refunds snd make us stand in the rain for 20 minutes to get a piece of cardboard as entry for this I'm beginning to think mythical game...... pretty aamateurish.

Paid 3 quid for parking too...

Seems some folk did manage to get a refund. I queued with a good few others for a piece of cardboard which apparently give entry to the rearranged fixture.... ..

I really couldn't be bothered arguing about a tenner.

Total shambles regarding communication and any manner of customer service. Really poor show tbh.

I was at ground around 645 went and whilst looking dodgy park was playable at this stage. Any inspection up until then would have passed. Don’t think any ref would have said off as rain would continue as would know how pitch would react to rain.

what is not in any doubt is that our pitch is a shambles from groundsman to Sharing to overall stsndard

Next our  management of the situation . Word spread inside the ground pretty soon after the call off but no management of official info about refunds or what was to happen. To have Stirling fans queuing outside in the downpour was astonishing