Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Stirling Albion might lift Cinch League Two tomorrow night. But they won't be troubling the top end of the patter league table any time soon, eh?

You just know the wee virgins on Twitter will spend more time sending tweets to our official account than actually celebrating their title win. It’s made for some real cringeworthy reading over the last month or two.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You just know the wee virgins on Twitter will spend more time sending tweets to our official account than actually celebrating their title win. It’s made for some real cringeworthy reading over the last month or two.

I saw some wee bam boasting about him and his pals spamming the volunteer who runs our supporters' bus with fake bookings. What a buzz that must be.

3 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

The whole club appears to be buzzing since the change at the top,with fans who had deserted the club over the past few years coming back and with  an ambition to get out of this league.The players have responded brilliantly and some have upped their performances as the season has gone on.Maybe Darren Young has a secret formula.

Posted this in another thread the other day, but we genuinely seem like a club on the up. I don’t remember this kind of “feel good factor” or attendance boost when Greig McDonald got us promoted or Dave Mackay’s team making the Play Offs, and there’s arguments to say that the Mackay’s team was more entertaining than this one.

I’m not sure if it’s down to the change at the top (although the doomsday scenario hasn’t happened), the winning football, the Darren Young’s “secret formula” or what, but I suspect it’s a bit of everything rolled into one, but for the first time in a long time, I honestly feel like the club is growing and everyone is simply loving it.

6 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Posted this in another thread the other day, but we genuinely seem like a club on the up. I don’t remember this kind of “feel good factor” or attendance boost when Greig McDonald got us promoted or Dave Mackay’s team making the Play Offs, and there’s arguments to say that the Mackay’s team was more entertaining than this one.

I’m not sure if it’s down to the change at the top (although the doomsday scenario hasn’t happened), the winning football, the Darren Young’s “secret formula” or what, but I suspect it’s a bit of everything rolled into one, but for the first time in a long time, I honestly feel like the club is growing and everyone is simply loving it.

Hard to put a finger on one singular reason but totally agree.

I haven't felt this level of positivity around the club in many many years 

They're an easy team to like, sont seem to be full of massive egos at all.

Their resilience has been amazing. At times we've played great football and at others we've had to battle.

There also seems to be a real connection with the fans. I'm enjoying this season more than any since the early 90s.....

26 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

I can't help but think that the most Dumbarton outcome here would be to win this game to "make things interesting" before subsequentlly captiulating at the weekend.

I think there’s a pretty good chance that’s exactly what will happen. In the meantime Dumbarton are 33/1 to win the league.

There's been pessimism from our fans before pretty much every match for months. I get it - we haven't really produced an emphatic performance since the autumn - but we're 16 games unbeaten! I reckon we'll get the job done tonight.

Edited by unitedbino

22 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

It really has been remarkable, you can't help but admire and love this squad and that's the reason why. I know all managers talk about a togetherness but this group of players have shown that. Darren Young really does have the hard task of deciding who stays and who goes for next season because nobody has really been awful and everyone has dug deep and worked hard to get us where we are. 

Just working on V5.0 of the notes for tonight (which is also a world record attempt for most sticky notes and layers of tipex on two pages). Any Binos know how 16 unbeaten compare to your record run of games without a defeat? Just to save me spending ages trying to find out.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Just working on V5.0 of the notes for tonight (which is also a world record attempt for most sticky notes and layers of tipex on two pages). Any Binos know how 16 unbeaten compare to your record run of games without a defeat? Just to save me spending ages trying to find out.

It's the longest unbeaten league run we've had since 1995/96 when we went 27 games unbeaten.  Ironically the game we eventually lost (0-1 to Stenhousemuir) was the one where we were finally promted.  As for records before that, I've no idea.

2 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

It's the longest unbeaten league run we've had since 1995/96 when we went 27 games unbeaten.  Ironically the game we eventually lost (0-1 to Stenhousemuir) was the one where we were finally promted.  As for records before that, I've no idea.

Excellent. That'll do. I'll make sure and credit BinoBalls with the info on the stream :lol:

It's available in the UK and beyond tonight for any far flung Binos. Quite often it can feel like talking into an empty void, so it'll be nice to know there will be a good few folk listening tonight.