Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's a fairly late call even though it's Stirling we are playing. I wouldn't say the rain has been awfully bad this morning either.

I get that this is the type of situation you want to give the pitch as much of an opportunity to dry as possible. But yeah 1pm seems late to be doing the inspection.

4 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

I get that this is the type of situation you want to give the pitch as much of an opportunity to dry as possible. But yeah 1pm seems late to be doing the inspection.

Unless we called for one last night (which we didn't need as the pitch was fine) then it was only ever going to be 1pm. The match ref will make the call. Our local cat 1 ref Euan Anderson who does most of the inspections, has Aberdeen at Pittodrie today so would've been away on his travels by the time someone got to the ground and realised an inspection was needed. Unfortunately SPFL rules have restrictions on who can inspect and call the games off.

2 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Unless we called for one last night (which we didn't need as the pitch was fine) then it was only ever going to be 1pm. The match ref will make the call. Our local cat 1 ref Euan Anderson who does most of the inspections, has Aberdeen at Pittodrie today so would've been away on his travels by the time someone got to the ground and realised an inspection was needed. Unfortunately SPFL rules have restrictions on who can inspect and call the games off.

Surely there is someone other than Euan Anderson who can conduct an earlier inspection. It’s not like we are out in the sticks, we are 30 minutes from the biggest city in the country.

2 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

If we wanted an inspection last night/this morning but couldn't get one until 1pm then why wouldn't we announce early this morning that was the plan? Announcing at 12 that we are doing an inspection in an hours time suggests either the pitch has deteriorated in the last couple of hours or someone has made a balls up of it. I'll trust it's the former for now. 

3 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Cheers, have you got a link? I can’t find it anywhere.

I went to look for it on our site but it's that shite it's not even there. Not sure if we're still using the previous Univtec website, @Jan Vojáček do you know?

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

If we wanted an inspection last night/this morning but couldn't get one until 1pm then why wouldn't we announce early this morning that was the plan? Announcing at 12 that we are doing an inspection in an hours time suggests either the pitch has deteriorated in the last couple of hours or someone has made a balls up of it. I'll trust it's the former for now. 

I went to look for it on our site but it's that shite it's not even there. Not sure if we're still using the previous Univtec website, @Jan Vojáček do you know?

It will be because that's when someone's turned up to the ground and realised the pitch might struggle. Should someone have been there earlier? Yes probably, but unless there was any doubt yesterday I assume everyone turned up at their usual time

I reckon they have turned up this morning and haven't actually looked at the pitch until 12 or so. At that time the pitch had areas that would put the match in doubt. I'd imagine the groundsman is working to get it on.

I'm not sure what time the ref usually arrives at or whether they would have a say in the inspection taking place at this stage.

1 minute ago, pleslie99 said:

It will be because that's when someone's turned up to the ground and realised the pitch might struggle. Should someone have been there earlier? Yes probably, but unless there was any doubt yesterday I assume everyone turned up at their usual time

Come on, nobody turns up before 11.30/12 on a match day? 

15 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Cheers, have you got a link? I can’t find it anywhere.

The usual streaming website appears to be deid for some bizarre reason.

https://dumbartonfc.univtec.com

I’m pretty sure we were offering season passes and the likes for streaming this season so surely there is an alternative but it certainly hasn’t been announced that’s the case.

From my experience it will probably be the match ref that does the inspection. This could be the reason it's that late as he might be coming from Aberdeeen or the likes, too late for local refs as most will be on their way to games. The club always want as late an inspection as possible, simply to get the hospitality punters fed for obvious reasons.