Partick Thistle 2 🔴🟡 Vs Greenock Morton 1 ⚪️🔵

1 hour ago, CMTon said:

Ach well, at least we still have a couple of games in hand to let us leapfrog Thistle again. Or are games in hand still a touchy subject?

When it comes to Thistle and Morton and games in hand I have nothing but utterly glorious memories pal hahahahah, I’m sure you’ll recall what I’m talking about. 

A rubbish game of football today but I guess that’s to be expected when your playing Imries hammer throwing Morton. Your keeper time wasting at 0-0 in the 40th minute just about sums up everything you are as a club. That wee jakey imrie, Scottish footballs biggest baw bag is a match made in heaven for your manky wee club. World Cup winning scenes as the equaliser was sliced into the back of the net. However, I know we are a big scalp for your lot. We weren’t great today by any means but that weapon in his horrific chinos being sent to the stand and a last minute winner. I call that a good day all in all. Safe travels back to sunny Greenock! 

Well that was certainly an eventful game. We were absolutely terrible and would have been lucky to take a point from the game. Yes the referee was atrocious however we hardly string 2 passes together all day. 

Onto a rant. Brian Graham is a very good striker at this level but the way he goes in elbows flying needs to be clamped down by officials.  He injured big Efe and also caught O'connor too. I don't mind a bit if afters at the end of the game however I'd have rather seen the likes of Grimshaw deal with Graham during the game.

3 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

A rubbish game of football today but I guess that’s to be expected when your playing Imries hammer throwing Morton. Your keeper time wasting at 0-0 in the 40th minute just about sums up everything you are as a club. That wee jakey imrie, Scottish footballs biggest baw bag is a match made in heaven for your manky wee club. World Cup winning scenes as the equaliser was sliced into the back of the net. However, I know we are a big scalp for your lot. We weren’t great today by any means but that weapon in his horrific chinos being sent to the stand and a last minute winner. I call that a good day all in all. Safe travels back to sunny Greenock! 

Hammer throwing Morton🤣🤣🤣

missed the first few minutes, didnt miss the last few though!

a few wee thoughts;

- Grimshaw looked a decent enough full back and the Morton no. 4 played pretty well imo

- the penalty award was odd, i think a corner was given at first and then changed to a penalty?? Immediate thought was corner rather than pen tbh but maybe it was similar to the Goldson handball a few days ago. Ah well, no VAR to pick it apart, thankfully.

- we were pretty direct, Graham and Fitzpatrick did their best but we didnt seem to work their keeper all that much through the bulk of the game.

- after the penalty Morton were utterly dominant for a few minutes and deserved to equalise, they were very good for a few minutes after the equaliser too but either ran out of steam or were told to sit off a bit more and mercifully we were able to get a bit of a grip on the game again, had the fear they'd play like that for the remainder and steamroll us.

- Dougie Imrie :lol:

- as per the penalty award I may be wrong but that was an overhead kick we won from?! Lots of bodies in the box but some finish if so.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

8 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Hammer throwing Morton🤣🤣🤣

Do you genuinely believe otherwise?  seriously??? In your head you believe that’s not true 😂😂😂 Bar perhaps Arbroath I haven’t seen any team in this league play such ugly football as your lot have across the 3 games. Totally reliant on long throws and set pieces. If you truly in your head believe otherwise than I think you should seek help pal. Look it’s clearly been working for you judging by your league position. Football can be won in whatever way works. But if you are trying to deny this fact then I really don’t know what to tell you.

We can (and have) definitely played much better than that, a lot of our passing was poor IMO, and decision making in the final third wasn't great. I'd say overall we were better than Morton and deserved it for the endeavour, but perhaps that doesn't say much cause they really were awful. Always going to miss Milne when he isn't playing and Hodson really doesn't compare, he was really poor going forward and failed on several occasions to help Fitzy on attack, he certainly didn't play like a guy wanting his loan extended. Docherty was far from his best and was probably the weakest of the midfield 3 but suppose he can be cut some slack given he's maybe still getting up to the required fitness. Tiffoney looked really bright when he came on and gave the crowd the lift for sure. Can't say I seen the penalty, so could well have been one of the soft variety. Imrie shoulda been sent off just for those Chinos. 

ETA: Felt you could see the Morton equaliser coming, the only point where I'd say they were really on top in the match and our defending was pretty horrific for the goal - at that point I was concerned the pendulum had swung in Morton's favour (similar to Dundee at Firhill a few weeks ago) thankfully it had not. 

Edited by JagsCG

37 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

We sure enjoyed our trip to the 4th best team in Glasgow…..lol 

I guess jollies in the Port are hard to come by these days unless skiting down Doogliehill Road on a nicked hub cap .

22 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

I stopped reading at World Cup winning scenes 🤣 absolute clown you are 🤡 

13 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

Do you genuinely believe otherwise?  seriously??? In your head you believe that’s not true 😂😂😂 Bar perhaps Arbroath I haven’t seen any team in this league play such ugly football as your lot have across the 3 games. Totally reliant on long throws and set pieces. If you truly in your head believe otherwise than I think you should seek help pal. Look it’s clearly been working for you judging by your league position. Football can be won in whatever way works. But if you are trying to deny this fact then I really don’t know what to tell you.

I sense that you two are operating with different definitions of 'hammer throwers'.

d91.gif.98ba4ad7a36cfabca606a847047d4c86.gif

26 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Onto a rant. Brian Graham is a very good striker at this level but the way he goes in elbows flying needs to be clamped down by officials.  He injured big Efe and also caught O'connor too. I don't mind a bit if afters at the end of the game however I'd have rather seen the likes of Grimshaw deal with Graham during the game.

We desperately need movement to sign players in the forward area. Not a criticism of the players we currently have of course, but we need to have options up front.

Looking over the season the lack of options has cost us numerous points. I really hope Dougie is lining up something this week