Partick Thistle 2 πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘ Vs Greenock Morton 1 βšͺοΈπŸ”΅

46 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Well that was a fun read, Morton absolutely hate losing to us, it's really pleasing stuff.Β 

Took in the game at hospitality for a change, quite enjoyed the Morton fans behind me giving it the big un' hope they had a good day out, seemed like they enjoyed it.

They were certainly very vocal. It's the first time in many years that I've heard "get yout tits oot for the lads" at the football. I hope it was meant in ironic sort of a way.Β 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

They were certainly very vocal. It's the first time in many years that I've heard "get yout tits oot for the lads" at the football. I hope it was meant in ironic sort of a way.Β 

Missed that one actually, gammon behaviour though, interesting as well as it was a woman's name on almost all (if not all) of the Morton tables.Β 

2 hours ago, RigaTONi said:

Glad to see that we've wound up so many of you Partick dweebs. Outstanding work from all involved πŸ‘Β 

Β 

Incredible that this is your take from this thread πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Β Some great work coming on after a loss and mainly blaming the ref for it , really got the jags fans riled. 8 dislikes on my last message says it all. Beautiful stuff.Β 

Your team got what they deserved so fair fucks to you - enjoy it.

on the managers - say what you will about the chinos but it’s surely a better look than stoating about in a pair of crocs with a Berkeley superking hanging out your mouth

53 minutes ago, Vril said:

Your team got what they deserved so fair fucks to you - enjoy it.

on the managers - say what you will about the chinos but it’s surely a better look than stoating about in a pair of crocs with a Berkeley superking hanging out your mouth

Nope

21 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

I’m not sure why any daft Morton fan on here would ever insinuate that it’s thistle who have tried to create this β€œrivalry”. Your weird lot can’t stand us for whatever reason and I seem to recall a whole Morton thread on why they hate thistle, where one individual wrote a full scale seething dissertation on why he dislikes us so muchπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Don’t get me wrong, but I think I can speak for plenty of thistle fans when I say here that I absolutely despise your manky little club. But I certainly don’t see you as some kind of rival, I merely enjoy beating you because you are bitter as they come and it’s hilarious. Let’s also be honest here as well you are utterly irrelevant to st mirren and have been for a long time. I have several friends who are saints fans and not one of them cares even the slightest jot about Morton. Trying to compare the like to us and the ugly sisters is utterly ridiculous.Β 

Count me out of wanting Thistle as a rival, we never have been or will be rivals. It’s more a case of animosity between us for various reasons. I don’t β€œhate” Thistle but I dislike the way they’re portrayed as some sort of media darlings. I also dislike the β€œbig team” mentality that certain clubs’ fans display, but with the exception of Thistle they all are or were actually β€œbig teams”. Coming from Thistle fans I find it very unfounded, baffling and irritating. Perhaps that’s where a lot of the general dislike comes from. Morton have specific songs about St Mirren and Kilmarnock who have been big rivals of ours in different eras since I started supporting Morton. As far as I know we have no specific songs about Thistle and have no great reason to have any.

14 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Count me out of wanting Thistle as a rival, we never have been or will be rivals. It’s more a case of animosity between us for various reasons. I don’t β€œhate” Thistle but I dislike the way they’re portrayed as some sort of media darlings. I also dislike the β€œbig team” mentality that certain clubs’ fans display, but with the exception of Thistle they all are or were actually β€œbig teams”. Coming from Thistle fans I find it very unfounded, baffling and irritating. Perhaps that’s where a lot of the general dislike comes from. Morton have specific songs about St Mirren and Kilmarnock who have been big rivals of ours in different eras since I started supporting Morton. As far as I know we have no specific songs about Thistle and have no great reason to have any.

There are only 5 big teams at most in Scotland. Don’t think Thistle fans would ever consider us to be one of them. Be interested to know which big teams you are referring to.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

There are only 5 big teams at most in Scotland. Don’t think Thistle fans would ever consider us to be one of them. Be interested to know which big teams you are referring to.

Big five are 2 x Scumbags 2 x Edinburgh Scumbags and Eberdeen.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

As Highlandmagar says, the ones that are still β€œbig teams” are OF, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen. The others who were β€œbig teams” and still portray themselves that way are Dundee. Those who were β€œbig teams” but don’t in general put themselves across that way IMO are Dunfermline, Dundee United and possibly Kilmarnock and East Fife. The other category is clubs who are not and never were a β€œbig team” and yet portray themselves as such, and there’s only one I can think of.