FC Edinburgh Vs Dunfermline

46 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I didn’t make the first game this season, but at £12 and under 18 free I might venture along this weekend.

Should I take binoculars with me? 🤔

There will be a standing area for Pars fans directly behind the goal - go back to the start of this thread and you'll see my post on this very subject. 

On 04/01/2023 at 14:44, 101 said:

Anyone going twice especially again in January is either very dedicated or mad.

It takes a lot to keep me away from a game but made an exception when we were there a couple weeks back, went to our first trip there with a crowd of about 250 said then i would not return it is not a football ground. Nothing against the Pars fans but would laugh if it pissed down on the uncovered standing area and there is a riot with the park being ripped up & sent to the skip. Even most of their own ex fans do not go along to see a team 2nd in the league.

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

There will be a standing area for Pars fans directly behind the goal - go back to the start of this thread and you'll see my post on this very subject. 

I did see that and was just being slightly sarcastic. 

it’s a shame it’s only at one end of the ground as it would be nice to change ends at halftime. 

22 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I got say that I have thought the same about Pars. Don't do away games anymore but really not impressed with what I've seen in the home games.

Average home game has been a tough watch. We create chances but it is a hard watch. We are usually our own worst enemy at home by giving away daft goals. 

15 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I did see that and was just being slightly sarcastic. 

it’s a shame it’s only at one end of the ground as it would be nice to change ends at halftime. 

Yes good point! The lack of any sort of elevation from either the standing area or the seats means that you are only really seeing 50% of the game. 

16 hours ago, peternapper said:

It takes a lot to keep me away from a game but made an exception when we were there a couple weeks back, went to our first trip there with a crowd of about 250 said then i would not return it is not a football ground. Nothing against the Pars fans but would laugh if it pissed down on the uncovered standing area and there is a riot with the park being ripped up & sent to the skip. Even most of their own ex fans do not go along to see a team 2nd in the league.

Are you the lad that chucked his blue Santa hat on to the running track when you went 4-0 behind?

3 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

Yes good point! The lack of any sort of elevation from either the standing area or the seats means that you are only really seeing 50% of the game. 

Are you the lad that chucked his blue Santa hat on to the running track when you went 4-0 behind?

Point one, have visited pretty much every ground in the scottish league and would rate Meadowbank as the worst to watch a game. The time i was there was under 300 at the game so could pick your seat not sure how the facilities would stand up to maybe 1300 folk wanting fed and toilets etc .

As mentioned i was at our first visit but decided not to return to the second game so no the hat was not mine.

48 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Point one, have visited pretty much every ground in the scottish league and would rate Meadowbank as the worst to watch a game. 

I'm in complete agreement with you here. I am sure 99% of Edinburgh City fans who have ever watched an SPFL away match would share your view as well. 

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

What’s parking like near the ground?

I had been going by bus, but my son is happy to drive over. 

Should be able to get parked at Marionville Road no problem. I did the last time and that was during the festival as well. No parking charges there. Just a 5 minute walk around the corner. 

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

Wonderful...

There was a pieless van for the Peterhead game a couple of weeks ago. 

For the first home game against the Pars there was an extra van on the far side of the pitch but I couldn't tell you what that sold. 

McDonalds right opposite the stadium so that might be an option for you pre-game. Nae pies though....

Catering at this place is shocking. Just a burger van charging a fiver for a hotdog when the full jar cost 1.50 out of Aldis. I’m just getting full of scran in the pub for lunch beforehand. You also have the option of being an auld duffer: make yourself a couple of sarnies, wrapped in tinfoil, accompanied with a flask of tea/coffee/bovril/kombucha…the choice is yours! 

I can accept the view of the pitch being poor. I have watched my boys playing football from the pitch side. 

I can accept standing out in the open in bad weather. I am old enough to remember the away ends at Tynecastle and Easter Road back in the day.

But Nae Pies at the ground!!!!!!!!!

I suppose I will have to visit Stephen before heading off tomorrow. 

13 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I can accept the view of the pitch being poor. I have watched my boys playing football from the pitch side.

Think you’re really missing the issue with the standing area at FC Edinburgh. The big issue is that it is NOT pitch side. In August, you were anywhere between 20-40 yards from being pitch side. There are also multiple obstacles in between (equipment stores, dugouts), so there are large areas of the pitch that you can’t see.

I know there’s talk of a new standing area - we’ll see what that’s like. But, unless they’ve got rid of the equipment stores, there’ll not be much room to stand behind the goals. Really need to get fans closer to the pitch on the side opposite the stand. In line with dugouts would be perfect and massively improve the experience for away fans.