Rangers visit Tannadice 8th January Sky Sports

No complaints about the result, and wasn't too concenred in the first half about our play, although slack passing from the back was a portent for some of the issues United suffered from in the second half. The lack of support for Fletcher was obvious though, he was trying to win the ball and having to look for his own second ball at times.

Regarding the VAR stuff, I wasn't happy about it being introduced, and it's going as I expected.

The thing that annoyed me the most today was that fuckin' drum, supposedly banned from the ground according to our regulations which have to be issued to please the SFA, this information passed to the away fans by their own club on their official website, yet there it was right in the front row ruining most attendees' experience. And right in front of the polis, while the wee boys playing it had their pals beside them holding up two 'ACAB' banners. 

I don't know who is the most stupid, the drummer fannies, the polis, or me for going to the game.

Watched the goals back. Liam Smith at fault for both. First one he doesnt match the run of Sakala and the second one is a pitiful attempt at a clearance which lands at Tillmans feet. Throw in his woeful distribution as well today and he can safely say hes had a holocaust

33 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

No complaints about the result, and wasn't too concenred in the first half about our play, although slack passing from the back was a portent for some of the issues United suffered from in the second half. The lack of support for Fletcher was obvious though, he was trying to win the ball and having to look for his own second ball at times.

Regarding the VAR stuff, I wasn't happy about it being introduced, and it's going as I expected.

The thing that annoyed me the most today was that fuckin' drum, supposedly banned from the ground according to our regulations which have to be issued to please the SFA, this information passed to the away fans by their own club on their official website, yet there it was right in the front row ruining most attendees' experience. And right in front of the polis, while the wee boys playing it had their pals beside them holding up two 'ACAB' banners. 

I don't know who is the most stupid, the drummer fannies, the polis, or me for going to the game.

You should have told them to beat it. 

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Watched the goals back. Liam Smith at fault for both. First one he doesnt match the run of Sakala and the second one is a pitiful attempt at a clearance which lands at Tillmans feet. Throw in his woeful distribution as well today and he can safely say hes had a holocaust

If we are going with our current formation for the rest of the season then surely a right sided centre half must be one of the positions we are looking to bring in (although we still haven’t replaced Fuchs/Butcher so who knows). 

10 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

one thing i thought was amusing was that before the game started the cameras panned onto the the rangers support and there is a big union flag with the words "scotland is british" another thicko who doesn't know the way geography works.

Great Britain is a geographic designation but is also the name of the kingdom created by the AoU in 1707.   I think he is fine..

13 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

one thing i thought was amusing was that before the game started the cameras panned onto the the rangers support and there is a big union flag with the words "scotland is british" another thicko who doesn't know the way geography works.

Thicko Indeed.......being raped of they're cash in everyway possible and yet still cling onto the idea of this island is great pish....

Maybe got something to do with keeping their pals in the failed statelet (NI) and the minority who dwell in it,as part of this failed enterprise. 

Edited by Dav nan Gael

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Great Britain is a geographic designation but is also the name of the kingdom created by the AoU in 1707.   I think he is fine..

Regarding the banner (displayed in contravention of the ground regulations which were clearly informed to visiting fans on their own club's official media), it included 'No Surrender', which does indeed indicate the owner is, as @Meeniedee correctly states, a 'thicko'. Think Hong Kong and the GFA, both effective from 1999.

Further, the term 'Great Britain' refers to the largest of the British islands geographically, thus doesn't include such as Anglesey, Isle of Wight, Orkney and, tellingly for anyone who thinks a certain way, Ireland. Over 5000 islands make up the British Isles, Ireland being the second largest.

7 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Regarding the banner (displayed in contravention of the ground regulations which were clearly informed to visiting fans on their own club's official media), it included 'No Surrender', which does indeed indicate the owner is, as @Meeniedee correctly states, a 'thicko'. Think Hong Kong and the GFA, both effective from 1999.

Further, the term 'Great Britain' refers to the largest of the British islands geographically, thus doesn't include such as Anglesey, Isle of Wight, Orkney and, tellingly for anyone who thinks a certain way, Ireland. Over 5000 islands make up the British Isles, Ireland being the second largest.

I said that GB is also the name of the new kingdom the AoU created and, in that context, the banner-holder was right to say 'Scotland is British'.  But thanks for the geography lesson.

NS

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I said that GB is also the name of the new kingdom the AoU created and, in that context, the banner-holder was right to say 'Scotland is British'.  But thanks for the geography lesson.

NS

That's ok, but it was you who mentioned 'Great Britain', not the owner of the banner. I don't know what message the banner holder was trying to convey. 

That's ok, but it was you who mentioned 'Great Britain', not the owner of the banner. I don't know what message the banner holder was trying to convey. 

Yeah, I can see why you find "scotland is british" confusing.

4 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Not at all, I'm just not second guessing the motives of someone who brings a banner stating that along with 'No Surrender' to a football match.

I don't have a similar mindset, clearly.

They've done a good job of surrendering in Europe AND surrendering the league title this season.

Not at all, I'm just not second guessing the motives of someone who brings a banner stating that along with 'No Surrender' to a football match.

I don't have a similar mindset, clearly.

Clubs have their own identities and some celebrate extra-football connections.  In the case of Rangers it is, for many fans, their sense of 'Britishness'.

In the case of fans of other clubs it may be their Scoto-Hibernian connection.  Such as yourself.

Not sure it's much to make an issue of.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Clubs have their own identities and some celebrate extra-football connections.  In the case of Rangers it is, for many fans, their sense of 'Britishness'.

In the case of fans of other clubs it may be their Scoto-Hibernian connection.  Such as yourself.

Aye your fans NI/British identity has nothing at all to do with Celtic having an Irish connection. Away and don't talk pish.

19 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not really comparable, my username is the 1909/original name of the club supported, your 'original' club' was a rowing organisation. I don't see any links to that in your support today. Of course, if we are talking about the club formed in 2012, then I agree with that part of your argument.

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye your fans NI/British identity has nothing at all to do with Celtic having an Irish connection. Away and don't talk pish.

Quite.