Angus Gunn to declare for Scotland?

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Which is a lot more than the other names being mentioned and this decade is just starting it's third year. 

You can't argue with facts....

Let's call up the rest of st johnstones horseshit squad from those games

Absurd argument 

1 minute ago, Binos said:

Let's call up the rest of st johnstones horseshit squad from those games

Absurd argument 

What? The direct comparison was between Kelly, Clark and Mcglauchlin, with a Scottish slagging Gunn as an outside bet.

I don't rate Zander that highly but even I see the merits of putting him in instead of Kelly and Mcglauchlin. 

The worst thing about this whole situation is that Bryan Gunn has brought his son up as an Englishman. How is that even possible for a former Scottish international football player?

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

What? The direct comparison was between Kelly, Clark and Mcglauchlin, with a Scottish slagging Gunn as an outside bet.

I don't rate Zander that highly but even I see the merits of putting him in instead of Kelly and Mcglauchlin. 

The worst thing about this whole situation is that Bryan Gunn has brought his son up as an Englishman. How is that even possible for a former Scottish international football player?

Zanders the worst of all those keepers by a mile

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Correct about Bryan Gunn,  disgraceful 

Didn't realise we had so many people on here that watch Norwich week in week out or is it the usual he plays in Engerland so must be 20x better than anyone in our pub league. I'm all for him getting his shot but I'd be questioning his commitment if he's been previously liking stuff on social media bashing Scotland, hopefully I'm wrong and he's class.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

I don't know if that is fair to say he has brought him.up to be a Englishman

I think its more the fact that he was born there and is based there managed to come through at a big club where everyone is encouraged to be ambitious 

So obviously at one point growing up and seeing the crap English keepers around he has thought that he has had a chance 

But now there got 5 or 6 really good ones who are miles ahead off him

And reality has kicked in and he knows he won't play but still wants to try international football and still has a chance with us

Its not as if he was ever gonna come up here and sign his first contract at Motherwell or Kilmarnock or someone it happens the opposite way around unfortunately 

12 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

I don't know if that is fair to say he has brought him.up to be a Englishman

I think its more the fact that he was born there and is based there managed to come through at a big club where everyone is encouraged to be ambitious 

So obviously at one point growing up and seeing the crap English keepers around he has thought that he has had a chance 

But now there got 5 or 6 really good ones who are miles ahead off him

And reality has kicked in and he knows he won't play but still wants to try international football and still has a chance with us

Its not as if he was ever gonna come up here and sign his first contract at Motherwell or Kilmarnock or someone it happens the opposite way around unfortunately 

What type of Scottish man, who loves football, plays football then eventually plays international football for his country, doesn't watch/take his son to international games regaling him on all things about his families Scottish ties and Scotland? 

I obviously get the point of Angus being born in England and having family/friends there but Bryan Gunn has failed as a Scotsman imo. 

Edited by tree house tam

13 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Starting to sound like blood and soil chat from some posters here

Good, should provide some entertainment over the next few days.

It would be fun if after a long time spent stewing over this issue we find out the papers just made it all up and Angus Gunn doesn't get called up in the end.

Edited by 2426255

26 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What type of Scottish man, who loves football, plays football then eventually plays international football for his country, doesn't watch/take his son to international games regaling him on all things about his families Scottish ties and Scotland? 

I obviously get the point of Angus being born in England and having family/friends there but Bryan Gunn has failed as a Scotsman imo. 

Maybe the kind off Scotsman that has lived in England for 30 or 40 years and owes most off his career playing for Norwich and working in England?

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a fondness for England 

I have my Grand Father fought alongside the brave men off Lancashire in the first world war on his left and Canadians on his right

I love that part off the world very warm and welcoming people just like in Glasgow 

I dare say East Anglia is the same and has unique quient customs and traditions off there own that indeers people like the Gunn family to want to stay there

Edited by General dissaray

His maw's English, and he was born and raised in England, FFS.

Hopefully his dad was more concerned with establishing a loving relationship with his son than demanding false national identities from his kids.

55 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Didn't realise we had so many people on here that watch Norwich week in week out or is it the usual he plays in Engerland so must be 20x better than anyone in our pub league. I'm all for him getting his shot but I'd be questioning his commitment if he's been previously liking stuff on social media bashing Scotland, hopefully I'm wrong and he's class.

If stories are true,  manager must think so

Also why he's not  bothered to cap any of the rest