Super Wildcard Weekend

lichtie23

I actually like our chances in Minnesota on Sunday evening. It took a 61 yard FG to beat us a few weeks ago. The Vikings aren’t as good as their record suggests. 

Pretty pleased the MNF game is between 2 teams Iv no desire to watch. 

Edited by lichtie23

Also pleased they put the two wanky teams on the Monday night slot and have cancelled my Tuesday off.

Hope the Giants batter the Vikings. Don't normally mind Minnesota but they've been lucky as f**k all season before surrendering last week against Green Bay so would he happy to see them eliminated.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

6 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I actually like our chances in Minnesota on Sunday evening. It took a 61 yard FG to beat us a few weeks ago. The Vikings aren’t as good as their record suggests. 

Pretty pleased the MNF game is between 2 teams Iv no desire to watch. 

Going to go out on a limb here.  When all said and done, out of the 3 East teams, Giants go the furthest so will be in the Championship game.  

I definitely want every home team to win, aside from the Giants @ Vikings game, where I have no strong feelings for or against either team. I really like Adam Thielen of the Vikings though. That fixture aside, mon’ the home teams.

On 09/01/2023 at 16:40, Fuctifano said:

Glad to have avoided the Sunday / Monday night slots so I won't be half asleep at work the next day. Line at the moment is Bills - 11 which seems to me like it's based on Tua not playing, be interesting to see how that develops. 

Line now down to 9, should get an update on Tua tonight.

Interesting that there is more than one media taking head saying that they believe Brandon Staley will be fired if the Chargers fail to win on Saturday. I can't see it myself as it's totally out of character for the ownership to remove a coach after only two full seasons, but personally I wouldn't be overly bothered if he is punted. He has totally underachieved relative to the talent available and the team still plays down to whatever the level of the opponent you put in front of them every week. 

If it's true that Spanos has realised that LA will not tolerate year-on-year mediocrity and still take his team to heart, and that the whispers are true that they have realised they wasted the careers of three HoF talents in San Diego and isn't willing to let Herbert's go the same way, then that is absolutely a good thing, but I still think it's unlikely. The only real wildcard I can see is that Tom Telesco's job should also be on the line given this inability to get anything out of the NFL draft beyond slam-dunk 1st round picks, and I wonder if he is agitating with Spanos to go for an all-out win or bust 2023 in an effort to save his own skin.

Edited by Boo Khaki

So having spent the whole of Sunday night and Monday morning being told by Staley that Mike Williams was fine, could have gone back into Sunday's game, would practice this week, will play on Saturday, Mike Williams has, to the shock of absolutely nobody whatsoever, been a DNP for three straight days.

People are too wrapped up in sheer W/L and the fact the Chargers are back in the playoffs, and ignore the repeated small scale shit like this that absolutely screams 'BRANDON STALEY IS A CLOWN WHO IS TOTALLY OUT OF HIS DEPTH'.

On 09/01/2023 at 08:37, lichtie23 said:

Seahawks @ 49ers - 9.30pm

Chargers @ Jaguars - 1.15am

Sunday

Dolphins @ Bills - 6pm

Giants @ Vikings - 9.30pm

Ravens @ Bengals - 1.15am

Monday

Cowboys @ Buccaneers - 1.15am

49ers 😞

Jags

Bills

Giants

Bengals

Cowboys

Mike Williams officially with a 'Questionable' tag.

My prediction - he takes a shot before the game, decides he's playing. The first pass thrown his way will be a jump-ball, which he'll go up for, come down in a heap clutching his back, hobble off, you won't see him the rest of the game, and it totally deflates the Chargers who roll over without much of a fight.

Oh, and Etienne to go over 150 yards on the ground, the Jags 200+ as a team, and still the Staley fangirls will deny it's an issue and it's just a 'feature' of Staley's scheme.

13 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Mike Williams officially with a 'Questionable' tag.

My prediction - he takes a shot before the game, decides he's playing. The first pass thrown his way will be a jump-ball, which he'll go up for, come down in a heap clutching his back, hobble off, you won't see him the rest of the game, and it totally deflates the Chargers who roll over without much of a fight.

Oh, and Etienne to go over 150 yards on the ground, the Jags 200+ as a team, and still the Staley fangirls will deny it's an issue and it's just a 'feature' of Staley's scheme.

he should never have played last week.

I'm going for 49ers, Jags, Bills, Vikings, Bengals, no contest both knocked out.