Bale retires

The guy has been playing football just to pass the time between rounds of golf for a couple of years now so this is no great surprise to me.  Good on him, if he would rather spend his days on the golf course instead of the training ground then he should go and enjoy himself.  It's not like he has anything else to prove in Football and he certainly doesn't need the money

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Hope the Wales national team suffer a collapse that sees them on par with San Marino. 

Aye 100%. Bale has carried Wales for years while being a part time footballer. Even last summer, their spawny win over Ukraine doesn't happen without his cross getting a massive deflection.

Clearly an excellent player but his dive against us in 2012 will never be forgotten by this bitter poster.

Personally hope they sink back to pot 5 where they belong.

I remember someone saying to me Bale was Britain's best ever player.

He is, in the same way Marcelo is Brazils best ever player.

Chucked it at the same age Ronaldinho did. I won't miss him, but it was funny how Redknapp chanced upon him in midfield after months of (unsuccessfully) trying to punt him on loan. 

Despite a good start he couldn't cope with the pressure at Madrid, and even amongst other elite footballers was regarded as an aloof weirdo.

FLP_iF3XMA0q3_i.jpg:large

When he had this haircut he was utterly unplayable and it was an absolute joy to watch him dominate games. Almost every goal he scored was a screamer as well. Exactly the sort of talismanic player everybody wants to see in their team.

RIP