Hamilton Academical v Greenock Morton 14-1-23

Dreadful result! We seem to be in a bit of a sticky patch that all teams inevitably seem to go through in the season.

Said  we needed a bit of quality in the transfer window to sustain our challenge at the top. Unless that happens we won't get a top 4 place

That's the first time under Imrie that you can definitely say he fucked it with his team selection. Roy and Miller starting was completely the wrong call. Miller at least had the excuse of being on the right for how poor he was - which goes down as another mistake in team selection - but Roy was laughably bad. The second half was considerably worse than the first until we put Quitongo on the right, Schwake was the only thing stopping that being 3-0. We piled pressure on at the end but far too late.

McGrattan not even getting on the park while Miller was that poor was a bizarre call, and King replacing Strapp rather than Gillespie or Blues was another, particularly in light of Gillespie then going on to get a second booking.

We need to get McGrattan back in the team, he brought a balance to that front three that isn't there with two out and out wingers. We've strengthened the squad yet managed to weaken the starting XI while doing so.

Sometimes it's only when your not in the team that they realise what you offered.

McGrattan surely must start as we are not creating chances and missing his runs forward.

Shocker of a tackle from Gillespie, just got it all wrong if kind I would say maybe the weather was getting to him.

Also feel we need to get this cup game out the way and focus on our league campaign which is what this season is all about.

Fexk it was miserable today and that farse getting in was an embarrassment.

Would like to say Hamilton were lucky, no idea why they got a penalty worse than last weeks award, but if sharper in front of goal could have been 3 v 1 . Great saves from goalies. 

Edited by Paisley Ton
Error

I fancied us to win narrowly  today simply due to The paucity of the Morton attack and so it proved.Both sides are weak up front as today showed.

I never seen the penalty awarded as was outside,but watched the ball hit the net through a gap in the gates.

I went to The Bay Horse along with plenty others due to the fudged  outcome of today's Meeting between the banned fans and the Board.

The Pub had the game on and was very busy with Accies fans including a sizeable number who left the game after hearing the result of today's Meeting.

A  great sing-song,good beer and camaraderie shown to the banned.Sad it has come to this, but us older Accies fans have been here before.

The Bay Horse is now run by Accies fans,so the Academical Vaults where we are second class citizens to the green and grey mob  will be getting swerved in the future.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

10 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I fancied us to win narrowly  today simply due to The paucity of the Morton attack and so it proved.Both sides are weak up front as today showed.

I never seen the penalty awarded as was outside,but watched the ball hit the net through a gap in the gates.

I went to The Bay Horse along with plenty others due to the fudged  outcome of today's Meeting between the banned fans and the Board.

The Pub had the game on and was very busy with Accies fans including a sizeable number who left the game after hearing the result of today's Meeting.

A  great sing-song,good beer and camaraderie shown to the banned.Sad it has come to this, but us older Accies fans have been here before.

The Bay Horse is now run by Accies fans,so the Academical Vaults where we are second class citizens to the green and grey mob  will be getting swerved in the future.

I take it you don’t want to elaborate on what was said for fear of being sued by Gerry Strain and his pals?

6 minutes ago, Toby said:

I take it you don’t want to elaborate on what was said for fear of being sued by Gerry Strain and his pals?

Gerry sent abusive messages to fans and threatened them with Celtic casuals. When called out he claimed to have been hacked despite having said he was unhackable due to 2fa security. When called out on the Accies fans FB page he has banned the mods and sent cease and desist letters from his lawyer asking for contact details of those who have posted negative comments.

He set up a fake punter from same IP address as his own page but claims fans did this as well.

He is phoning fans telling them he is right and to stop being negative about him.

1 minute ago, FuzzyBear said:

Gerry sent abusive messages to fans and threatened them with Celtic casuals. When called out he claimed to have been hacked despite having said he was unhackable due to 2fa security. When called out on the Accies fans FB page he has banned the mods and sent cease and desist letters from his lawyer asking for contact details of those who have posted negative comments.

He set up a fake punter from same IP address as his own page but claims fans did this as well.

He is phoning fans telling them he is right and to stop being negative about him.

Yeah, I was aware of most of that, having asked around a couple of Accies fans I know during the week.

I’d heard there were to be attempted clear-the-air talks today, but assuming there’s no headway being made, there. All sounds very much like Hugh Scott at Morton 20-odd years ago, and even the way Hiddlestone ran Third Lanark’s support into the ground to minimise any resistance to killing them off.

To be honest I really grudged my £20 in today after what I’d heard this week, and certainly didn’t buy anything when inside the ground.

In spite of today, I doubt you’ll manage to stay up, but hopefully you manage to oust these chancers. My worry is that boycotts could be seen as a way of McGowan and co. justifying locking the gates due to a perceived lack of interest when crowds dip further.

3 minutes ago, Toby said:

Yeah, I was aware of most of that, having asked around a couple of Accies fans I know during the week.

I’d heard there were to be attempted clear-the-air talks today, but assuming there’s no headway being made, there. All sounds very much like Hugh Scott at Morton 20-odd years ago, and even the way Hiddlestone ran Third Lanark’s support into the ground to minimise any resistance to killing them off.

To be honest I really grudged my £20 in today after what I’d heard this week, and certainly didn’t buy anything when inside the ground.

In spite of today, I doubt you’ll manage to stay up, but hopefully you manage to oust these chancers. My worry is that boycotts could be seen as a way of McGowan and co. justifying locking the gates due to a perceived lack of interest when crowds dip further.

Don't disagree at all. Bans still in place so loads of fans watched the game in a local pub. 

If Strain does not leave and the bans not lifted this could be the beginning of the end for Accies.

This whole fiasco started with comments from gerrys fb page so has he banned himself as he is probably the moderator of that page and therefore he allowed those comments? Such a pity as at the start I was really enjoying finding out more info on accies before it all went pear shaped.

Terrible game in awful conditions. We were so poor and deserved nothing from the game. Accies got a break from the penalty which brought confusion on its own. Referee was honking but again we cannot continue to blame officials and dodgy decisions and play so poorly. The promotion playoffs are absolutely achievable but we need to get back to picking up points. We can't continue to rely on Muirhead as our main striker.  Another option is needed.